• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy real time tech demo - Luminous Studio [Up3: Survey/Screens/Video]

This reminds me of that Star Ocean tech demo that came out a while ago from tri-ace,: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cuXgRVMvZ0

I wonder if there has been any progress on that? Is tri-ace still alive? That's for another topic I guess, even though them and square enix seem one in the same lately. Hopefully all this stuff gets used sooner rather than later when new consoles come out.

Quadratic

I'm hoping this is indicative of what SE is planning on delivering with the next gen Final Fantasy. I noticed some Crystal Dynamics names in the credits so they are definitely taking a more western approach/input into development.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm hoping this is indicative of what SE is planning on delivering with the next gen Final Fantasy. I noticed some Crystal Dynamics names in the credits so they are definitely taking a more western approach/input into development.

Most surprising to me was that they used a Western composer.

Would be cool if SE made this the Unreal Engine of Japan.

Epic is currently working on making Unreal Engine the Unreal Engine of Japan with Epic Tokyo interestingly enough.

jiggle

better than nothing for now...
vlcsnap-2012-06-05-215mijm.png

sn00zer

Considering the Eidos part of SquareEnix appears to be the only thing making money that isnt a remake/spin-off of FF or DQ, its not surprising

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
If that's a standard engine in Japan Next-Gen I'd be pretty fucking content.

Don't know the realistic possibilities of that honestly, but it's fun to imagine.

Levyne

Banned
Where would Square be if they didn't acquire Eidos?

I mean it's hard to hypothesize contrary to reality but wow

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Amazing. A few less nods to Call of Duty was my only feedback. Other than that I really hope they do something with what they have, instead of the tease of the FFVII tech demo.

Derrick01

Banned
I liked everything except that voice acting :l

cloth physics was nice, the lighting was great bokeh motion blur nothing looked out of place.

Luminous is a hell of an engine.

The voice acting is why I said in the survey I didn't like the girl. I cannot take another square enix game where a girl sounds like she's 11 and making all those awkward grunts and groans in the middle of a conversation. I just cannot do it anymore.

Coxy

shaky cam, land of brown and generic mook terrorist guys with machine guns? of course people love it.

I'm not sure how I feel about the setting/world. It started out okay, but quickly transitioned into middle easterners with guns and a monster that could belong in a Resident Evil game. I found it interesting that the main character prototype was aligned with what initially struck me as a villain.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Every game looks ugly now, damn you tech demo.

I remember the days all the folks are going on like 'Graphics really don't need to improve that much they already look pretty real this gen! Lets work on AI and physics!"

Just shows the lack of imagination in most people.

Clevinger

shaky cam, land of brown and generic mook terrorist guys with machine guns? of course people love it.

Because that's what everyone is saying they love about it, and those certainly aren't the few complaints people in this thread have had.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
man, I can't stop thinking about what next gen games like RDR and Uncharted are going to look like with similar tech...

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

Top Bottom