• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL they haven't used moomba or cactaur dolls yet either right?

But yeah i guess they'll go the shiny route. I wouldn't mind if they added some in that matched the games world.
Only moogles so far. You'd think with all the fancy SBs they have to make all the time, they could whip up a few new doll sprites.

GordonShumway

Neo Member
I don't know that BUT WHAT THE HELL YOUR AVATAR HAS CHANGED.

You might be thinking of someone else. Found out a couple days ago that there was a Gordon Shumway on this forum. I swear I searched before I submitted my username, but apparently I didn't do a good job. So, very off topic but does anyone know if it's possible to change user names?

Got U+ down.
At 1 stam, finally got around to tyring out Mage meta and it worked out pretty well over my normal setup. Used a Selphie Media RW, really helpful towards the end.

Also got Demon Wall (nightmare). Pretty easy once I got the mechanics/timing of the fight down. Shout RW was great for this.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So for the White Mage nightmare battle... are we going to need like 5 Diagas? I haven't even honed the free one they gave us ages ago. lol

Balphon

So for the White Mage nightmare battle... are we going to need like 5 Diagas? I haven't even honed the free one they gave us ages ago. lol

One is probably fine. Curaja and Diara should be relatively effective if you've got a few high MND characters and Diaga will hit the damage cap really quickly.

You'll also need room for Raise, Dispel, Esuna, Protectga, etc. due to the fight mechanics.

Can you just instant KO the boss?

Just his adds.

Xetherion

Cannot get even slightly close to beating Rufus, even with my ridiculous FF7 synergy. Mako Cannon is utterly fucking stupid, nearly 3000 damage to the entire party, with wall, protect, power breakdown and full break all up. And he just spams it like crazy.

I'm supposed to DPS him down, but even doing 9999 a hit and using SSB's I can only get him to half health before he spams mako Cannon 4 times in a row and destroys me

Mako Cannon should not be doing anywhere near 3000 damage with all that mitigation up. That's the same mitigation i had and Mako Cannon was only doing 1000-1200 damage. You sure your Wall didn't run out or you got hit by Dispel or something?

ultra7k

I spent 3 mythril refreshing and did not meat those rare foe. This is in the elite Shiva stage right???

Yeah stage 4 for in the Elite run.

I also spent mythril refreshing, didn't meet any. Next day boom met two in a row! RNG at it's finest i guess.

Negator

I still want to roll for Balthier SSB. I must stay strong. I have the shield, staff, and the sword. Rolling just for one SSB is folly. And yet...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
One is probably fine. Curaja and Diara should be relatively effective if you've got a few high MND characters and Diaga will hit the damage cap really quickly.

You'll also need room for Raise, Dispel, Esuna, Protectga, etc. due to the fight mechanics.

Just his adds.
Can you cast SB medicas at enemies? Or do they just default AOE heal your party?

Oh, I FINALLY pulled on the Beginner's Banner last night and drew a goose egg.

Not a bad way to take a loss though, and it came with a Tyrfing.

Kouriozan

Ultimate was easy, the boss only did 500 damages with his multi spells.

About U+, well...

uSzuwEDl.jpg

Almost full health, he spammed Tomahawk near 50% then somehow forgot he had that attack :lol
I did eat one of those without SG up, ouch.

Bah didn't get mastery on ultimate + cid since Ramza died right at the end, I either need to save a dispel strike for after he uses haste or hone it up to r3/4

ZangBa

Mastered both in one shot, pretty easy. My healer had 501 mind lol. Fran's SSB is so good, it helps I like the character, too. C:

Went a little hone crazy, made the ultimate + a joke though

Saint Cross r1 -> r2
Flashing blade r1 -> r2
banishing strike r2 -> r3
Launch r2 -> r3

Also made a second life siphon and honed it to r3

I probably should just hone a 3rd life siphon r3 instead of launch r3 but oh well :X

I got a Major White on my 5th run, then nothing in the next 10. I will try again after some STA recharge. My mythril has been going towards the banner; 0/9 there so far.

I also did a 100 gem pull on B2. 3* Cat Claws (III). *Shrug*

I cut it close on Cid. He was largely non-threatening, but I blew my Banishing Strike wad earlier to deal with the Protect-spam, such that he had a Regen ticking for 9k during the home stretch. Y'shtola decided to just stop healing altogether and drop Holy bombs, otherwise there's no way I would've finished Cid.

I can share with you my Yolo U+ run. Reddit hated on it because reasons.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8pN7pzPx3JA

Probably because you fielded four SSB and a BSB.

Kouriozan

Hey, look what Japan is getting

ChLIcyxUcAANfCu.png

At least one 5* guaranted per 11 pulls.
Now to see if it's a special event or permanent.

Edit : Someone on reddit translated it to "5* or more"

The Ultimate was pretty easy. Cid U+ plus gave me some trouble, though mostly due to some poorly timed banishing strikes on my end. Had to melee him at the end due to that...though still got mastery with 2 medals lost.

Considering that they are adding OSB 6*s now, giving guaranteed 5*s seems like a smart move. It also encourages blowing wads on 11-pulls rather than singles to best take advantage of Japan's rolling gacha. More 11-pulls = More Mythril spent = less in the bank for Celebration Banners = More gems purchased!

Falk

that puzzling face
I wouldn't be surprised if it's permanent.

Like I said, there's always a minimum baseline or else your game is going to be impossible to tune. Guaranteed gacha and friend summons are the two most common systems that make this possible, and most games 2 years or older have this in one form or another, or they can't deal with churn (and wouldn't last for 2 years to begin with, probably)

Also a Buster Sword now is == about as effective as a 4* when the game launched when compared to contemporary endgame content.

greyshark

Ultimates down - went down without too much trouble using Shout. U+ has 1300 DEF, 2000 RES, and defense ignoring attacks? Will be interesting finding a non-shout team to take him down.

Balphon

Ultimates down - went down without too much trouble using Shout. U+ has 1300 DEF, 2000 RES, and defense ignoring attacks? Will be interesting finding a non-shout team to take him down.

I haven't used Shout for anything.

I brought War Dance to these fights but it was mostly because Penelo has synergy.

Mastered Ultimate Cid with good old advance retaliate. Lost a medal on action and one on damage with this team.

13062148_10154799476103989_111229626405066066_n.jpg

DEFINITELY was cutting it close at the end. My strongest weapon for this was a danjuro+ and although it was fine I totally ran out of skills by the end of it. Having both banishing strike and dispel was CRUCIAL. You do not want this guy getting a tick of regen off because it erases so much work. I made sure i had banish blade or dispel ready to go at a moment's notice. I tried killing the adds first and got destroyed, so on my second try I just left them alone but tally had to debuff constantly. Be prepared for that!

Kain

Hmmm got Basch's axe. Guess I'll exchange Greg for him, the idea is to equip him with Saint's Cross + Retaliate + Mako might + Axe = Goodness? I hope so.

U/U+ Mastered on the first try each. P. Cecil's SSB is glorious.

ChLIcyxUcAANfCu.png

Please fast track this to Global.

MicH

ChLIcyxUcAANfCu.png

About damn time

EDIT Ultimate and Ultimate+ down. No medals lost in either. Cid was quite tough, but Judge Bergan was a pushover

After a lot of struggling against Rufus and Hojo, these XII Ultimates were extremely cathartic. I did both of them on my first attempts.

I had underestimated the physical damage from this one, as I didn't realize there would be 3 adds. As a result, Yuffie died mid-battle. I'm not even sure I ever used her SB. If I had to do it over, I'd of brought Agrias w/ Protectga and Lifesiphion vs Yuffie. Alas, once I took down the other Judges I still mastered it with no other issues. Celes's SSB was a lifesaver (I have a feeling I'll say this a lot going forward). She sucked up nearly all of his weak phase damage and just kept pelting him with Flare Strikes.

This was a really fun battle. At first I was taking big physical hits and thought I was doomed because I had already used Protectga, FB and PBD. Then I realized that the hits were not coming from Cid but from the 2 adds. I struck them both with PBD and then went back to ignoring them. The rest of the fight was a cakewalk.

U/U+ Mastered on the first try each. P. Cecil's SSB is glorious.
It is wonderful, especially when we have Holy Vuln bosses where we get 29,997 damage per cast. I'll often find myself in battles where Celes and/or Locke do ~25k or so per SSB cast, while Pecil does near his max.

Grzi

Mastered the Ultimate on first try with the worst possible team. I'm at work so I can't play with full attention so I just made the most sloppy team ever. Me having no FFXII synergy didn't help lol.

I mean look at this shit lmao

The only reason Auron is here is because I wanted to test out his SB. Both Machinist skills are at R1 so Edgar attacked once he used them up. Both of their RMs didn't activate once. Still, only lost one medal for damage and one for actions taken. U+ should give me some more room to breathe since I can bring Agrias.

ccbfan

Ultimate was easy as hell with shout meta and

Agrias (SSB)
Cecil (SSB)
Shadow (SSB)
Tyro (SG)
Vanille (Protectaga Medica)

Worst part was wasting Tyro skills slots to fullfill mastery requirements. Couldn't fit in Multi Break and Breakdowns.

Used the same team with different Ultimate+. First fight I had trouble with since last SSB fest.

It was a major hone check. Ran out of skills and RW shout when I tried to kill the side monsters early. Also a little luck since his piercing attack can KO a character if he hits twice in a row. Even when you went straight at Cid, I had no where near enough damage. High honed saint cross would probably make this an easy fight but the game hasn't been kind to me with Major Holy Orbs.

Got back out (Love 1 stamina fights), honed more LS, Banish, Armor Breakdown, Went straight for the Cid and ended up barely championing at the end. Still spent last 10 percent killing with regular attacks.

Grzi

Ultimate+ was much easier than the Ultimate for me, mostly because I actually prepared, but also because I didn't need to bring those Machinist skills.

Replaced Auron and Edgar with Beatrix (Lifesiphon, Protectga, Seiken Stock Break SB) and Agrias (Banishing Strike, Saint Cross, Cleansing Strike SB) and it was easy. My damage output was kinda low since no synergy so I lost a medal for actions taken but what are you gonna do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom