• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
High honed saint cross would probably make this an easy fight but the game hasn't been kind to me with Major Holy Orbs.

Yeah, no kidding here. Agrias +30% damage RM + Saint Cross + Shout is an easy 20k a pop.

I actually ran 2x Knight with Saint Cross/Magic Lure and Banishing Strike/Draw Fire (lol) but the latter skills turned out to be pretty useless. The big thing was having Banishing Strike and Saint Cross on different people and staggering them in that order so it wouldn't always have to be a choice between the two, and more importantly the latter would always be 20k without Barriers/etc. hindering.

edit:

94D02Pal.jpg

Yup Demonsbane has 154ATK and beats out the rest of my hilarious XII synergy. (Danjuro on St Cross guy)

I dropped a ton of mythril on these banners and only got a vest with my second 100 gem pull. I do have the 4++ axe sword and dagger and a musk stick. Ultimate and + were taken out with zero sls and maybe one medal lost each. That r3 saints cross by agrias wielding my Excalibur+ meant 120k damage just for those hits when summoned scream. Bartz trueblade ssb + sg + multi break + protecga meant not much damage sneaking through, plus heavy regen thanks to yuna. Throw in Locke with theifs revenge r2 and valiant strike and this went down really easy. Much regrets dropping so much mythril and gems for zip, equivalent of 130 mythril and zero fives other than the vest.

Kain

Managed to master the Ultimate after two weeks of losing!

Now to the U+, I will try different setups, right now I'm playing with Banishing strike + Reflect to see if the drones buff my party.

Managed to master the Ultimate after two weeks of losing!

Now to the U+, I will try different setups, right now I'm playing with Banishing strike + Reflect to see if the drones buff my party.

No iirc if you cast reflect on cid they stop buffing and go full offense.

Kain

Mastered the U+!

Full medals and everything.

Basically waited until Cid got the barrier + regen + protect to use Banishing blade (6 uses are not much), then use Shout, Fulminating darkness + Retaliate and pummel away. In the middle of the fight I used War dance for a couple of turns and then Shout again. In the end I just spammed Saint's cross and all my remaining SBs. I have no SSBs, but I do have Air Stike and Hail of stones, Cid couldn't move for more than three turns in a row. I even ended up with full health.

That said, it took more than 5-6 S/L to get the best rng.

Now to rack up mythril and exp for the VIII event.

How are people handling the ultimate? I'm struggling a bit to do enough damage to the judge before I run out of abilities. I'm going to try a mage setup this time.

How are people handling the ultimate? I'm struggling a bit to do enough damage to the judge before I run out of abilities. I'm going to try a mage setup this time.

I'm not sure if this helps, but I did most of my damage w/ mostly physical SSBs while keeping up mitigation. I ran out of hones near the end but I was getting hit enough where the SBs would charge back up. I used a Divine Guardian RW because I didn't have Shout available for the Hastega.

I have natural Wall and Medica tho

Quick question. I've been reading that people are saving mythril for the upcoming weekend event. I'm not going to lie, I could use some EXP. I have maxed Zack and Auron at 65 with the rest trailing and only have MCII for Reno so I could also use the greens for an empty MCII or two (heh).

The thing is, how much mythril is usually reasonable for stamina repleneshing in these cases? I have 81 Stamina (mostly because I am lazy with story dungeons).

c-murph

Any tips for the orbfest tonite?

What skills should I hone if I want to solo/dual the Orbfest?

I have the Loner/Solitude record materias.

Ruingas for Mages and tempo flurries honed to R4/R5.

Are there any physical attacks that can wipe out packs of enemies?

Any tips for the orbfest tonite?

What skills should I hone if I want to solo/dual the Orbfest?

I have the Loner/Solitude record materias.

Ruingas for Mages and tempo flurries honed to R4/R5.

Are there any physical attacks that can wipe out packs of enemies?

Kick, Bladeblitz, most of the 5* physical skills like Sky Grinder, Flashing Blade, Doppelblade

Fire Blossom is also AoE

c-murph

Kick, Bladeblitz, most of the 5* physical skills like Sky Grinder, Flashing Blade, Doppelblade

Fire Blossom is also AoE

Ah sweet, Thanks~!

So, basically a bunch of skills I don't have made. lol I'll avoid the 5* ones because of the amount of orbs needed to hone them.

Shouted down the Ultimate. Was pretty funny, I had Lightning use her SSB at the start (did about 3/4 to the 3 generic Judges) and as the finishing blow overall. One problem with the last one; shout and apocalypse shield had both worn off so it was doing 2500 damage a hit and barely got the kill in (I finished the Ultimate in one RW cast). The magic damage was starting to pile up too so I kind of had to end it there (had bought Garent but she hadn't quite charged up divine guardian...my start with SB gauge characters were on lighting and Basch). I also had two characters with lightning resisting accessories and Judge Bergan didn't use thunderstorm once which I think also helped.

Finally, not stating that Judge Bergan starts with protect and shell is kind of an asshole move as I think a lot of people had troubles due to that (on top of the machinist requirements).

I'll leave you with the level 99 stats of characters in Japan that can do that now:
Of course those don't include record drives, if you have those you can do things like this:
http://i.imgur.com/f8Pwtks.jpg (we're going to need a bigger cure...in nightmares and Monday daily anyway...)

Guaranteed 5★ will be great, long overdue too.

I'm going to be wasting some experience in this Orb Dungeon, I have four or five Super Soul Breaks that need a mastering and everybody is already capped.

B.K.

Actually that's probably my issue.

That was my problem. I used all my abilities and Soul Breaks before they wore and he nuked me before I could kill him. The second time, I held back until attacks started doing more damaged and started hitting him with all I had. I thought it was a pretty easy Ultimate. It's the easier I've beaten so far. It helped that there's no real gimmick to the fight.

Wazzy

Banned
I'm excited for it! Some time to level up characters and hone a couple abilities plus like Hours said, the mythril.

I'll probably focus on getting Saints Cross to R3 since it's such a great and useful
Ability. Just gotta decide what else I can work on with it.

Falk

that puzzling face
That's ridiculous. 164 ATK at max level? What's it going to be as an 8*?

Remember this isn't another tier of 5*. It's pretty much the same progression going from 3->4->5->6.

In fact lategame 5*s to 6* make that gap a little less pronounced than it should be.

Kain

I need two major lightning orbs for full break R2 and of course they give earth and fire, which I have a ton. Oh well, I have enough gysahls for one at least, the other will eventually come. What the hell happened with my lightning orbs? I remember coming from the orbfest with like 30 xD

Excited for Squall's BSSB, I'm going to drop all my mytrhils in banner 1. Banner 2 looks good too, Zell's SSB seems very good in paper and it has crescent wish too.

Then IV and III events, which I don't care in the least, and finally my boy Kuja will arrive, so I'll have a lot of mythtril stacked. The BSSB fest is coming after or before Kuja's banner? I hope after....

Grzi

Why do people believe we're getting the BSB fest at the same time JP players got it? No way we're seeing it for two months at least. Probably end of June, definitely after Lightning BSB event, which should change our Festival banners quite a bit.

Another set of easy Ultimates. Hell, i'd say Mateus was a closer call to SL then those two!

And yeah we only just had the SSB Festival! Mid-late June sounds about right.

Dragner

I think BSSB Fest will land right after lightning BSSB event because skipped event, if I were you I would hold on pulling on it because DeNA already put FFIX SSBs on last Fest while banners were still active, so theres a possibility of grab it on a better banner (Serah Banner is pretty bad aside of Lightning BSSB).

Grzi

I think BSSB Fest will land right after lightning BSSB event because skipped event, if I were you I would hold on pulling on it because DeNA already put FFIX SSBs on last Fest while banners were still active, so theres a possibility of grab it on a better banner (Serah Banner is pretty bad aside of Lightning BSSB).

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking as well. Still, they might not put it up, you never know so hopefully the banners will be datamined while there's still chance to pull on those banners.

EDIT

So JP players can combine mythril with gems for pulls. Combine that with a guaranteed 5* for an 11 pull and it makes the game seem a bit more fair in the Gacha aspect. Hopefully we get that stuff soon.

c-murph

Geezus. I've ran the Orbfest 4 times and already run into 4 Mega Jumbo Cactuars. The orbs were mostly earth orbs but still...

Too bad there's no ++ difficulty.

idk if that OSSB will do more damage that a BSSB...I think they are close
Even if OSBs themselves don't turn out to be giant increases in damage vs BSBs (do we know the multiplier on Cloud's yet?), the relics' stats seem like a huge power creep. Also, I'm assuming 99,999 is the cap for OSB judging by that final hit.

Grzi

At least we can be sure that Cloud's BSB maxes out at 90k, so under the best possible circumstances the OSB will do 10k more damage.

Still, there are more ways to set up damage for the OSB with EnWind and elemental resistance lowering.
I expect most OSBs will be the same, Squall with Ice, Lightning with, err, lightning and so on.

Dragner

Even if OSBs themselves don't turn out to be giant increases in damage vs BSBs (do we know the multiplier on Cloud's yet?), the relics' stats seem like a huge power creep. Also, I'm assuming 99,999 is the cap for OSB judging by that final hit.

yeah the prize is the relic for sure, amazing stats. Idk if Japan will increase the atack cap, if they leave it like it is the sword might be a little overkill on a lvl 99 character.

Kyari

Its a 12x single target attack that deals wind damage.

c-murph

Here's a nice video of Cloud's OS(S)B.

https://youtu.be/fPlryJqMFl0

Not the most difficult boss but you still get a good idea what it can do. Also no shout, so you can add that as well. Seems pretty good.

What is that? A single hit level break for 45k damage?

Next round of specials will be Ultimate Weapons for all with multi-hit overkill attacks. So Omnislash for Cloud by Christmas.

Razmos

Got Ashe's Demonsbane from a single pull, a bit weird having a magic based sword, but I'm glad to have a mage weapon for FF12

Grzi

Umm, I don't get it. Broke Reno's level cap to 80 and got Ace Turk record materia. But I can't equip it, it's not on my record materia list at all. Help?

You should have read the description more carefuly.

You unlocked the possibility of obtaining it, now you have to use Reno in battles until the RM drops.

Kain

I find this "fight until you get it" RM3 bullshit to be quite clunky by now. It might had some use back on the day, but now with so many ways to level up chars it's just an unnecessary bother.

Shouta

Remember this isn't another tier of 5*. It's pretty much the same progression going from 3->4->5->6.

In fact lategame 5*s to 6* make that gap a little less pronounced than it should be.

They also added Super/Ultra Equipment Evolution this patch too. Hurray, for power inflation.

idk if that OSSB will do more damage that a BSSB...I think they are close

The Overflow attack probably have better base damage making it easier to deal big damage on a fight that actually needs the damage. Cloud's Burst attack isn't going to cap out on the hard stuff. It will do more damage over a few turns though.

nacarelli

Neo Member
Wow, the FF XII banners this time were very kind to me. Got Fran's Traitor's Bow, Basch's Platinum Shield and Balthier's Capella (100-gem draw).

I have a vast collection of 4*++ for XII,but getting two of the best relics on the banner (and I'm almost full F2P, only spend in some 100-gems draw) is really great.

This and my recent string of 5* relics (Celes's Excalibur, Cid's Pole Axe and Ramza's Grand Armor and Nu Khai Armlet) made me try to diversify more my team with different compositions (I was using Lightning SSB in almost all U and U+).

Thinking about Cid's Missions, I'm considering drawing only in FF IV and FF X, realms where I have poor natural 5* (but a lot of 4*++) and none of which are unique.

Dragner

The Overflow attack probably have better base damage making it easier to deal big damage on a fight that actually needs the damage. Cloud's Burst attack isn't going to cap out on the hard stuff. It will do more damage over a few turns though.

Yeah I was talking about overtime damage, OSSB probably more damage that initial entrance attack of burst but Burst Mode gives you + stats and self haste + burst commands. OSSB will be probably more useful if you plan to burn a boss on the weak phase, but for that we will have to wait to a OSSB like Vaan BSSB or Shadow SSB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom