• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTran2003

These pulls are starting to really get to me. Clouds BSSB banner I used almost 200 mythril and no BSSB, FFT banner used 180 with no platinum sword, and now first 50 pull for VIII banner and no 5* equipment. Really don't want to pull anymore for I don't see the point any longer...

Did an 11 pull on the FF8 banner pulled three 5*!!!

1 was an off banner FFVI no soul break dress.

The other 2 were Edea's super soul Break! I have no idea what to do with two of these...

Do I combine them? They are thrown weapons with +mag could they be useful with mages?

Kyari

The other 2 were Edea's super soul Break! I have no idea what to do with two of these...

Do I combine them? They are thrown weapons with +mag could they be useful with mages?

Rinoa and Hope can also use them.

Yuffie can use them for Ninjutsu I guess?

I'd weigh your options before you rush to combine them.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
IaRbxOxl.jpg

I guess this was to make up for wasting all that mythril on FFT.

But is it any good?

Okay now that I've slightly calmed down. I would like to present the two pulls I did which means I only used a 100 mythril!
First pull:

Second pull!

I don't know if I even want to pull on this banner anymore and just save the rest for second one or try my luck at more. BUT I DID IT GUYS! ONLY TWO PULLS
The queen reigns supreme! :D

Okay now that I've slightly calmed down. I would like to present the two pulls I did which means I only used a 100 mythril!
First pull:

Second pull!

I don't know if I even want to pull on this banner anymore and just save the rest for second one or try my luck at more. BUT I DID IT GUYS! ONLY TWO PULLS

Unstoppable jeebus fuck

Wazzy

Banned

B.K.

I got enough Mythril to do a three pull on the XII banner and got a piece of 3* trash, another 5* Survival Vest, and Vaan's SSB.

Kain

I got Pinwheel and a 5* FFX armor lol

I think pulling that has a lower chance than pulling the BSSB, I broke the game.

Also my legend grows.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Relative to other BSSBs, no.

Relative to everything else, absolutely.
Well, can't complain when I really just expected more crap. lol

Oh, I guess the fact that his burst mode attacks are elemental means that it's hit and miss depending on the boss you are fighting.

Dunno why I reinstalled. Same old. 11 pulls. Never a 5 star.
Wait for them to update the game in a year to add in that Japanese guaranteed 5* thing I guess. lol

Everytime I see one of Wazzy's legendary pulls + that gif it always puts a giant smile on my face. ^__^

I think I'm going to wait for the Basch event to end before doing anything else. Now that I've wrapped up all of the dailies for mythrils, I'll dedicate the rest of my STA towards Mandragoras farming.

Razmos

Did 4 final single pulls on the first XII banner, got a second Demonsbane and Basch's Platinum Shield on the last pull, woop

Kain

Must be nice to get what you want. I've never ever got the relic I wanted in any pull since the game launched T_T

Negator

Oh, I guess the fact that his burst mode attacks are elemental means that it's hit and miss depending on the boss you are fighting.

Actually the way his works is that when the enemy resists either the wind or fire attack, the Non-Elemental property replaces it so you will always be doing at least normal damage.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Actually the way his works is that when the enemy resists either the wind or fire attack, the Non-Elemental property replaces it so you will always be doing at least normal damage.
Oh, I was wondering why it said "fire and non-elemental". That's neat at least.

After looking at it closer, I don't understand why some say that Squall's BSB is underwhelming vs other BSBs. Is it simply because his focus is purely on damage without an extra utility?

The activation damage is an SSB level AoE (many are under SSB levels due to Burst Mode / Secondary effects), the Burst Commands' multipliers seem to be on the higher end for Physical and they are dual element w/ Non (so no resistance worries).

Dragner

The problem is that AOE makes it less useful vs most U/U+ fights that are single target and the commands are only useful when hitting weakness. Other than that a Burst is a Burst, and while this Burst is down in the ranking among other Bursts is still better than most SSB.

Noi

It's the same reason why Cloud's BSB is pretty ho-hum as far as BSB's go. It's sheer damage with no other utility frills to it, which mostly stands out when brought to an enemy that has that as a weakness. Squall's doesn't get any AoEs outside of the initial cast, while Cloud's get the bonus if 80% crit rate. By comparison, Bartz gets the same type of BSB as Squall, but it ends up working better cause its all focused on one target.

Compare that to other offensive BSB's that have En-element, buffing the Commands and follow-up BSB casts, and other support BSB'S like Tyro's and Vaan's that do breaks on their own.

Dragner

Yeah cloud is also dmg but has the crit bonus to make up, squall being elemental is strictly worse when is not hitting. Later we will have things like Pcecil and Tidus that have en-element that will make you hit harder with their commands or other elemental skills even against non weakness bosses...and then all the utility Burst commands like Tyro , Faris or Gilgamesh. Insane burst damage like Vaan, or party wide buffs like Selphie or Celes.

But Burst are always worth it even 'bad' ones like Yuna or Ramza.

Speaking of buffs like En-Element, I've been researching different types of buffs and I found an equation for Elemental Buff Stacking (basically just showing that Relic's effects stack additive with En-X while RM's effects stack multiplicative with both):
TotalDMGBuff% = [(1 + (ElemBuffRelic% + ElemBuffEndow%)) * (1 + ElemBuffRM%)] - 1

Ex:
- Platinum Shield (+20% Holy) + EnHoly = +70% DMG w/ Holy ability & +100% DMG with Holy SB.
- The above w/ a +20% Holy RM = +104% DMG w/ Holy ability & +140% DMG with Holy SB.

Now my question is, what if multiple relics w/ buffs are equipped? Ex: Basch's Shield + Celes's SSB Excalibur?
I have both of these relics now, so that triggered my curiosity.

#yolo FFXII pull and -- Platinum Shield! And some useful 4*s to combine, which I'm excited about! Also got a 5* sword (Lohengrin) and 5* Cat Claws (IX) that I can combine with my other Cat Claws.

That, plus native Wall and Shout means this game is really, really nudging me towards melee meta. Plus, I love Basch fon Ronsenburg. Thanks, game.

MrDaravon

100-gem pull got me yet another FFXII spear. I realized this morning that from getting a steady stream of random 4* items for FFXII garbage like various spears, rods and staves I actually have way more synergy in FFXII than I do in FFVIII, but it's all stuff I don't want lol.

Not sure if I want to burn the last of my mythril on FFXII since I really want any of the featured relics on the first banner, or on FFVIII here; I don't really know where I'd slot in most of the FFVIII folks into my group if I got their stuff, but I have literally no FFVIII synergy other than the 5* Blitz Sword (which I got as my starter free item) and a 4* Ten-Gallon Hat. Hmm.

Not sure if I want to burn the last of my mythril on FFXII since I really want any of the featured relics on the first banner, or on FFVIII here; I don't really know where I'd slot in most of the FFVIII folks into my group if I got their stuff, but I have literally no FFVIII synergy other than the 5* Blitz Sword (which I got as my starter free item) and a 4* Ten-Gallon Hat. Hmm.

Did you beat the FF12 Ultimate+? If so then there isn't really any short term need for gear there so i'd go for VIII (but try the Ultimates first). That's pretty much my mythril strategy between now and the next Celebration banners - if I hit a wall then pull for stronger relics.

MrDaravon

Did you beat the FF12 Ultimate+? If so then there isn't really any short term need for gear there so i'd go for VIII (but try the Ultimates first). That's pretty much my mythril strategy between now and the next Celebration banners - if I hit a wall then pull for stronger relics.

I haven't done the Ultimate or Ultimate+ for 12 yet, will probably do that tonight. Been kinda busy and doing other stuff + Diablo 3 season start so I've been slacking. I just burnt all of my Stamina clearing most of the current FF8 stages that are up, I'll go to back to the 12 U/U+ tonight and see how that goes. Just looked like it was gonna be a pain in the ass with the requirements.

My FF8 synergy is arguably my strongest out of the gate across the board. I've got Selphie's medica SB, Rinoa's SSB, Quistis' Shell/Hastega SSB, 7* Revolver, 5* Revolver, natural 5* generic sword, natural 5* generic gloves, 6* SeeD Uniform, natural 5* generic gloves, natural 5* generic armor, natural 5* generic helmet.

Crazy when I look at it.

Falk

that puzzling face
My FFVIII synergy consists of like 298374234 generic items (remember when I had 2 uniques total for 6 months, ha ha) - Betrayal Sword, Blitz Sword, Balamb Uniform.

Oh and I have Laguna's SSB. Don't need nothing else k

Grzi

Rising Sun, Red Scorpion, and as of today, for a lovely price of 25 mythril, I got myself a Pinwheel.

That's it for my FFVIII synergy, pretty bad, at least I had Danjuro for FFXII, I have no idea what to equip on my Cloud here.

Dragner

My VIII is absurd I will faceroll over Fragment Ifrit xD over 430 attack with everybody and defenses over 350. I dont have useful SBs for Ifrit but thats another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom