• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazzy

Banned
Completed the whole event yesterday with no problems. Squall's BSSB destroyed everything, especially paired with Shout.

There's a lot of multiple enemy fights in this event so Squall's BSSB is pretty much made for this.

I almost have every single VIII item released with only a couple small ones missing.

Blitz Sword
Betrayal Sword
All Squall Gunblades
All of Rinoa's Weapons
All of Zells weapons
Raijin vest
Fuujin chakram
All Galbadian gear(including commander)
Selphies SB plus regular nunchucks
Quistis Red Scorpion and occur whip
All of Irvines guns(and lots of them)
Minotaur plate
Blitz Helm
All VIII accessories
Hyperion
Seifers coat
Inferno Fang
Mesmerize blade
Venom Fang
Edeas SSB
Esther helmet and arm
Irvine hat and coat
SeeD uniform

And that's not even going into the duplicates and star level they are. I'm gonna try the second banner and if I get what I want right away I'll make a couple attempts to get laguna's jacket.

My missing VIII gear is:
Laguna SSB
Quistis First SB whip
Everything on banner 2
Running Fire

Which I hope at least a couple of these come back but I doubt they will.

Came in to the thread this morning for Wazzy pulls wasn't disappointed! Congrats everyone!
Thank you :D
UTtPABP.gif
UTtPABP.gif

UTtPABP.gif
UTtPABP.gif
I waited too long to see you post this gif LOL

Unreal. Wazzy is the MicH of FFVIII banners.
MicH does get insanely good pulls. :p

rsniper59

Neo Member
I was debating which banner to pull on with an 11x today, and decided I'd pull the trigger on FFXII Banner One. I don't have great FFVIII synergy, but I also don't really care for any of the characters from that game.

Ended up getting Balthier's SSB! Pretty happy with that, as it rounds out my very nice FFXII synergy. I really enjoy the versatility of the FFXII crew, so I've taken all of them except Basch up to and/or beyond the 65 barrier (with the intention to do so with Basch at some point).

At this point, I don't really feel much need to pull on the upcoming banners, so I may be holding off for the next FFVI event (Edgar + Sabin) and see how much Mythril I can gather by then.

Blitz Sword
Betrayal Sword
All Squall Gunblades
All of Rinoa's Weapons
All of Zells weapons
Raijin vest
Fuujin chakram
All Galbadian gear(including commander)
Selphies SB plus regular nunchucks
Quistis Red Scorpion and occur whip
All of Irvines guns(and lots of them)
Minotaur plate
Blitz Helm
All VIII accessories
Hyperion
Seifers coat
Inferno Fang
Mesmerize blade
Venom Fang
Edeas SSB
Esther helmet and arm
Irvine hat and coat
SeeD uniform
Incredible.

hesho

hmmm... not sure what to do. Do i actually go complete some dungeons or do i go hunt for mandragoras (FFXII elite dungeon). My current stamina is 159 so it isn't a big deal with the story dungeons but the xp from the mandragoras (if they show up) is soooo good...

hmmm... not sure what to do. Do i actually go complete some dungeons or do i go hunt for mandragoras (FFXII elite dungeon). My current stamina is 159 so it isn't a big deal with the story dungeons but the xp from the mandragoras (if they show up) is soooo good...
The Mandragoras are a limited time deal, so I'd say go farm some veggie monsters.

You'll still have tons of time to do the FFVIII event, and the story dungeons aren't going anywhere.

I beat the four stages for both Nightmares previously, but I finally tackled the big battles themselves at the last minute.

Ultima Weapon was a piece of cake to master, despite Terra and Kefka dying at the very end. Just 1 turn of Jas, then AoE spam until the Sphere appeared. After that, nuke the Sphere.

SBs used: Magitek Infusion, Soul Sabre (Neither were necessary, but why not :p)

Demon Wall was a lot more involved.

SBs used: Basch's Shield, Undying Fist, Cecil SSB, Tidus's SSB

I had to try a number of strategies before realizing that I needed to bumrush Phase 1 to avoid Gravija (I kept spending too much time w/ Mitigation initially). After that, it was a matter of getting used to the timing so that I got the early burst while avoiding having attacks queued up when his arms came out.

MrDaravon

Rad, accidentally went into the 12 Ultimate with no healing other than Hymn of the Fayth lol. Still actually nearly did it with just that, but no way in hell it would have been Mastery anyway. All of the requirements on that one are really a bitch for my characters/gear.

400 mythril resulted in 2 Pinwheels, 2 Gauntlets, 4 Laguna's Jackets and 1 Sorceress's Might.

Can't complain even though I really wanted Squall's Twin Lance.......but hey I got Edea's weapon.

ccbfan

LOL I just found out about ATK soft caps which is 589,

No wonder Shout is so OP. Shout puts you near the soft cap when you have about 390 atk.

Getting to 390 atk is super easy with a RS 4++ or better weapon.

With one of the 30% party buffs its 300 atk where any natural 5 star weapon can reach.

Was always curious why advance only did a little more damage than shout even though the increase is 3 times more and boost only increase Advance damage by 10%.

Razmos

Beat the FFXII ultimate, woop. Lightning's SSB and Planet Protector made it possible despite my subpar synergy

Edit: yeaaah, I aint beating doctor Cid though. That battle dragged on forever, he's way too damn tanky and the rook healing him didn't help.

Also Ashe fucking sucks. Heaven's Wrath was doing only 3000 damage a hit against Doctor Cid, and that was hitting his weakness (and yes I dispelled Shell) and using a 6* Demonsbane with synergy

Negator

Probably worth it if you need orbs for Saint Cross. I have mine at R3 so I need to look up how valuable the earth and holy orbs are for me.

Full Charge needs Earth so probably buying that.

FFVIII Synergy: Cardinal++ (I thought niche weapon type, unlikely to take more than one user to a dungeon), Red Scorpion, 2xRevolver, 2xMorning Star. I know a few of those are vintage.

Other FFVIII thing I wanted to mention for banner 2 people. Party Dress is light armour so those who can't wear robes can finally crossdress.

Mastered an Ultimate + for the first time today (the FFXII one). Messed myself up a bit because it turns out reflect has a shorter casting time than banishing strike. Didn't have to bother with any magic lure stuff as Magic Shield+Shellga made the rocks drains around a manageable 1550 damage mark which also happened to be approximately what Doctor Cid was doing with S-15 Cyclotrone after debuffs which was the only other damage seen after draw fire+retaliate was running. Once again Selphie turned up wanting to use her medica but sorry Girl, turned out we only needed you for reflect and hitting Gilgamesh in the face (if the subreddit comics are anything to go by she would rather be hitting Tyro). Speaking of hitting someone in the face, even at softcap normal attacks are quite underwhelming vs. 1320 def (IIRC thats on par with Seifer in the Galbadia Garden, Part 3 Elite dungeon), thank god retaliate was acting as a pseudo multiplier there and other party members actually had abilities.

Speaking of which:
Also Ashe fucking sucks. Heaven's Wrath was doing only 3000 damage a hit against Doctor Cid, and that was hitting his weakness (and yes I dispelled Shell) and using a 6* Demonsbane with synergy
The boss having 2000 res really isn't helping matters here.

LOL I just found out about ATK soft caps which is 589,

No wonder Shout is so OP. Shout puts you near the soft cap when you have about 390 atk.

Getting to 390 atk is super easy with a RS 4++ or better weapon.

With one of the 30% party buffs its 300 atk where any natural 5 star weapon can reach.

Was always curious why advance only did a little more damage than shout even though the increase is 3 times more and boost only increase Advance damage by 10%.
Yep:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKe..._and_mag_cutoff_values_for_using_dmg_rms_wip/
Some good tables in there if slightly heavy reading.

RivalCore

So are you all ditching black magic and summons in Ultimate fights?

My entire party transitioned from exclusively magic to physical over only 2 banners (granted that was SSBfest 1 and tactics). The ridiculous RES and the need for lots of burst damage in a short period has put physical meta in a much more favourable position.

Though I will admit, the ultimate fights have gotten pretty boring and easy now. Shout, LS and SSB's make them super easy compared to a party of mages that barely hang on by a thread.

Yeah, mostly. My most-used magic is Diaga, and it's not even close. I never used summons to begin with. With native Wall, Medica, Apocalypse Shield, Shout, Squall's SSB, Locke's SSB, Terra's SSB, I'm basically covered in most situations, and I'm able to swap in additional mitigation (Agrias' Cleansing Strike and Mog's Heroic Harmony) as needed.

I miss mage meta, but it pales in comparison to Thief's Revenge and Saint Cross.

greyshark

If I have enough synergy gear I can get one mage to do decent damage w/Devotion RM (Terra was doing 8000+ w/Waterja pre debuff against Hojo U+), but my mage parties in the past are almost completely unviable now. I've played around with the last couple U+ fights and found mage configurations that work, but the battles take much longer now. I'm hoping to get Edea's relic from Banner 2 - mage parties just don't work anymore without some kind of faithga.

Xetherion

Pretty much, unless they give us an Ultimate that's vulnerable to Sleep (highly doubt that will ever happen). Shout + SSBs just give so much more burst. Besides they keep giving the Ultimates stupid high RES.

Falk

that puzzling face

RS 5* + Bahamut is decent. Otherwise, too little damage atm.

edit: For clarity, too little damage compared to physical teams, not too little damage to kill the boss. Important distinction there.

Dragner

Mage teams require specific relics to work like any physical team. If you can stack focus and Kefka soul break your party will keep up with physical teams. But you require exactly that and great hones.

The advantage is that relics are mostly irrelevant as long as you have stat sticks. Offensive SB/SSB suck for mages.

Mage teams require specific relics to work like any physical team. If you can stack focus and Kefka soul break your party will keep up with physical teams. But you require exactly that and great hones.

The advantage is that relics are mostly irrelevant as long as you have stat sticks. Offensive SB/SSB suck for mages.
I recently pulled Kefka's Magic Infusion, but it really sucks that Focus is no longer available outside of Lucky Draws. I only have a few Focus FS available. Has DeNA ever created a replacement for it?

Falk

that puzzling face
Oh man, bonus fights with no mitigation, no healing, just the heaviest hitters with the highest RS and a bunch of 5* abilities is helluva fun.

When's the next double greens event I need more grass :X
Same. These triple doses of Majors per week have depleted my entire supply that I built up during my 2x week of spending all natural STA on 90 STA runs. I even passed on the White Orb this week, as a result. If we are going to be getting these weekly and not have frequent 2x events then I need to be very picky with where I spend the Greens.

I've been hitting light cruiser shiva for the past few days, up to 2 MWhites 2Mpowers 3Mblacks, so my greens are dwindling. I burned some mythril the last 2x sundaily and have a little over 40k on hand after getting 2 majors and the mythril. If there is ever a week where I want all three majors, I'm in trouble.

I remember a few 2x weekends but not terribly many and not any recently over on JP side. Which stinks with the need to buy those evolving materials.

Falk

that puzzling face
When's the next double greens event I need more grass :X

Same. These triple doses of Majors per week have depleted my entire supply that I built up during my 2x week of spending all natural STA on 90 STA runs. I even passed on the White Orb this week, as a result. If we are going to be getting these weekly and not have frequent 2x events then I need to be very picky with where I spend the Greens.

Yeah, I thought those were a one-off, but there's really no way outside of good RNG to sustain 30k a week for 3 majors, which you may or may not get just from doing the daily itself.

I'm seeing them more of a bonus to pick up on flavors I'm short on than a must-grab-to-maximize-greens-usage deal.

Yeah, I thought those were a one-off, but there's really no way outside of good RNG to sustain 30k a week for 3 majors, which you may or may not get just from doing the daily itself.

I'm seeing them more of a bonus to pick up on flavors I'm short on than a must-grab-to-maximize-greens-usage deal.
My thoughts exactly. I had purchased all of them until this one yesterday. That's when I realized these were coming weekly and that I need to be selective. Had to grab Holy and Earth for Saint's Cross, but I've had a number of Whites drop from Mand's so I'm good there.

c-murph

Yeah, they need one weekend a month for those. I only have enough for one of the 100,000 gems...

Kyari

Are there any no commentary long plays for this game? I've seen snipits of it and it's somewhat interesting to watch.

There's not really anything to long play. It's stamina gated, there's no story beyond replaying other FF combat scenarios, and most of the challenge is in the event bosses

What's peoples setups for both Basch Ultimates? Especially with only like 2 RS?

I brought these guys

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2Rpc2NvcmQuc3RvcmFnZS5nb29nbGVhcGlzLmNvbS9hdHRhY2htZW50cy8xNTMyNjY2MDAyNzgwOTc5MjEvMTc3MjQ2MTc3NDEzMDM4MDgyL0lNR18wMjY0LlBORyJ9.AGAjx8iWbr23niRI2isdNu8Jew0.PNG

Had a lot of 4*++ weapons 1 danjuro and a generic 5* synergy crossbow. Armor was all 3*++

I have SG, Rose of May, Deathclaw, Hymn of the Faiyth, Wild Rose Vow.

Basically Keeper was my full break / power break alternator, beatrix had banishing strike and refresh, and greg had saint's' cross and double attack.

Falk

that puzzling face
Feels like every other FF12 fight is an AOE check barring Cid/U+

Bangaas? AOE. Judges? AOE. More Judges? AOE them too. Ghis? AOE his face.

Cid on the other hand is a chump if you don't kill the adds.

MrDaravon

Decided to do one last 3-pull on the first 12 banner before it goes away after getting no relics from an 11-pull and one or two 3-pulls.

FIM9zXQ.jpg

:O :O :O

Still not entirely sure where I'd slot Basch into most of my parties, but I didn't pull a Platinum Sword during FFT so this is a decent consolation prize. Actually haven't even been using Shout much since I'm pretty lacking in good physical SB/SSB's, only ones I have of any note offhand are Locke's Valiant Strike, Cloud's Blade Beam, and Sephiroth's 4-hit meteor thing and I think that's it? Ironically my mage gear has gotten significantly better the last couple of months now that it doesn't matter as much >_>. Still a super rad pull though.

MrDaravon

Congrats Mr. D! Seems like a few of us got the Shield with their "one last pull". :D

Yeah, tempted to pull again just because I actually really want Balthier or Fran's relics on that banner but that's less of a necessity and more of just a personal preference so I'll hold off.

At least I'll have some future-proofing with that shield once I finally start getting some solid physical SSB's, maybe at next fest or whatever.

Wazzy

Banned
Ooohhh second banner is out! Time to do a couple pulls.

Edit: LOL pulled Seifers coat with 100 gem pull. I already had a 7* and an extra so I guess now a 6*.

Mandragora farming results:
White: 5 runs (s2)
Black: 15 (s1)
Black: 6 (s1)
White: 3 (s2)
Black: 17 (s2)
Black: 6 (s2)
Power: 9 (s2)
Power: 12 (s2)
n/a: 21 (s2)

I also got a bunch of RM 2/3 drops while farming these.

I was doing pretty well previously, but nothing wanted to drop today. :/

Edit: Bad luck continued to 100-gem pull: 3* Storm Spear (XII)

Yeah, tempted to pull again just because I actually really want Balthier or Fran's relics on that banner but that's less of a necessity and more of just a personal preference so I'll hold off.

At least I'll have some future-proofing with that shield once I finally start getting some solid physical SSB's, maybe at next fest or whatever.
Besides the SB, it's also a great relic on it's own and synergizes great for Knight, especially if they have a Holy SB (My SSB Cecil loves it :3).

Wazzy

Banned
Okay I used the rest of my mythril and pulls were:

1st pull: no 5*, 1 4* rest 3*

2nd pull: Ehrgeiz, Soceress Crown and Inferno Fang

3rd pull: Party Dress x 2 and Sorceress Crown(got everything except Dream Stage but it comes back)

4th pull: Zells Gauntlet and another Soceress's Might(I moved back to Squall banner so I could try for Laguna jacket)

Paid pull: Inferno fang

Wanted Laguna's jacket since I don't think it's coming back but oh well. Still very happy with my pulls! Would post images but at work and imgur is disabled.

Balphon

The ultimates were pretty doable even with my awful FF8 synergy. I almost ran out of gas against Seifer & Co., though.

Was down to Squall plinking away at Seifer for 3k with leftover Thundara strikes.

Kouriozan

I also have very bad FF VIII synergy and the Ultimates were easy enough, mastered first try, was a bit scared of Ultima Arma very weak phase attacks though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom