• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
30 or 40, I lost count. After I finish up my p1 priorities for this phase I'm going to go back to farming stamina until phase 2 hits.

I really should refresh on this phase since summon orbs are the hardest to come by but just been busy with work. Maybe this evening/xmas day I'll get a few refreshes in.

Kain

Cleared the U and U+ fights (CM included), everything more or less easy with a full FFV party (I have good relics) and then mayhem:

- Go with my A-Team which consists mainly of physical attackers and fuck that dispel, try a couple of times but by phase 4 I have no buffs so I die

- Bring mage team (it's not so good but it's serviceable) with the star of the party being Raines with his SSB, I plan all the magic vulnerabilities accordingly and bring two healers, native Sheep and RW VoF. Everything goes smoothly until it's time to cast Cid's SSB paired with a second cast of VoF to obliterate phases 3 and 4 fast and... I cast Recovery shift. Realize I still hadn't mastered his SSB by 1000 points.

whathaveIdone.jpg

Ragequit in shame (I could've finished but I was upset ¬¬)

I'll try again tomorrow I think xD

Much like last time with bartz, the biggest issue I had was crashes when he did his light of four move. Luckily it only crashed twice on me, my third time I hammered him at the end to rush through.

Wazzy

Banned
I'm almost done getting all my relics mastered. I've gotten a few levels on characters too but I have so many level 1's I never bothered with that its going to take time getting them all to 50.

Anustart

I'm almost done getting all my relics mastered. I've gotten a few levels on characters too but I have so many level 1's I never bothered with that its going to take time getting them all to 50.

Biggest thing I'm missing these days is I can't do CMs because I don't have enough characters leveled up in any realm besides V to do them. Goal for this orbfest is to make cms possible in as many realms as I can.

Looks like the drop rate for this fest is worse than the last one. Don't think I'll be refreshing this time around.

Haven't noticed this myself. Cactuar rate seems about the same. Just because there's gold knights doesn't make it different than any other mob showing up instead of cactuars. I'm getting a great amount of gigantuars and other varieties.

thedan001

Biggest thing I'm missing these days is I can't do CMs because I don't have enough characters leveled up in any realm besides V to do them. Goal for this orbfest is to make cms possible in as many realms as I can.

That's my goal also

Missing out on 2 major orbs shouldn't bother me too much but it does

Honestly its not leveled characters its unique sbs that often determine your success at cm's. Some bosses without some combo of hastega, medica, and wall is just impossible.

MrDaravon

Finally just sat down and math'd out what I need for orbs including current and future abilities and it's kinda bad lol. I already took care of crafting and honing any 4* QoL stuff I had planned (like some of the dances, a second Dismissal etc), so all I'm looking at now is 5* abilities. My final list and what they cost:

Priority:
Gaia Cross to r3 - 36 Ice, 36 Earth, 60 Holy
Chain Stonega to r3 - 60 Black, 36 Earth, 36 Dark
Chain Biora to r3 - 60 Black, 36 Earth, 36 Dark
Sapphire Shot to r3 - 60 Ice, 36 Lightning, 36 Holy
Bahamut crafted and to r3 - 70 Summon, 42 Non-Elemental, 42 Dark

Low priority (unless I get Refia's BSB or notable Monk/Dragoon relic):
Meteor Crush to r3 - 60 Power, 36 Fire, 36 Earth
Fires Within to r3 - 36 White, 60 Fire, 36 Earth
Lightning Dive to r3 - 36 Ice, 60 Lightning, 36 Wind

Future skills from r1 to r3 (assumes we are given one for free from the event, unsure if this is correct in all cases):
Tiamat - 36 White, 60 Summon, 36 Wind
Chain Spellblade Thunder - 60 Power, 36 Fire, 36 Lightning
Chain Spellblade Blaze - 60 Power, 36 Fire, 36 Dark
Chain Spellblade Water Sparrow - 60 Power, 36 Ice, 36 Lightning
Ultra Cure - 60 White, 36 Wind, 36 Holy

Totals needed for all of the above and what I have (doesn't include the 10+2 Major orbs of each time I'll cash in from Roulette on this event):
160 Ice (have 75)
180 Earth (have 167)
132 Holy (have 102)
120 Black (have 43)
140 Dark (have 95)
168 Lightning (have 33)
130 Summon (have 121)
32 Non-Elemental (have 54)
240 Power (have 203)
168 Fire (have 86)
132 White (have 141)
108 Wind (have 58)

So if I'm looking at just the currently available skills I'm actually already set except for Major Black Orbs. Once I start including the other stuff though it kinda goes downhill fast, even if I completely ignore the low priority stuff. We don't get some of the stuff like the later spellblades for a few months so that's some breathing room there as well. That said not entirely sure how to handle this as unfortunately the orbs I need are completely spread out pretty evenly across all orbfest phases. To make matters worse, so far without refreshing (but maximizing my Stamina usage) I have seen exactly ONE Gigantaur....so yeah. So not sure if I want to go ahead and spend a few mythril each phase on refreshes or what. I really wish what I was missing was mostly/all in one or two phases, then I'd have no problem dropping on some refreshes :/

On the plus side crafting and honing Bahamut to r3 and honing Tiamat to r3 I'm already just about good on and it won't really interfere with anything else I have planned other than it'll be put short on some Wind orbs so that's doable. Now I'm hoping I get some good Summoner relics in FF14 or elsewhere!

Dragner

Ive done Cid Mission with 65s just fine. So that shoud be your milestone. Ive done this CM with no medica no bsbs and still ok with 3 65s and 2 80s.

greyshark

Haven't noticed this myself. Cactuar rate seems about the same. Just because there's gold knights doesn't make it different than any other mob showing up instead of cactuars. I'm getting a great amount of gigantuars and other varieties.

Someone on Reddit dumped 13500 stamina into orbfest so far - getting a rate of 9.7 stamina per greater. Compare that to our last orbfest rate of 6.5 stam per greater orb and it's a significant decrease.

Dragner

Theres data from japan that told us that this orbfest is the worst so far. The bad news is that next ones are not better. So we shoud just accept this is the new thing.

Anustart

Someone on Reddit dumped 13500 stamina into orbfest so far - getting a rate of 9.7 stamina per greater. Compare that to our last orbfest rate of 6.5 stam per greater orb and it's a significant decrease.

Then compare that to the guy here last fest who claimed 9.7 greater per 1 stam.

Wazzy

Banned
It's not Christmas yet over here(tomorrow) but Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to RKGAF!

Honestly I don't bother with many CM's either. I usually do VII and VIII because my synergy is great for them. The last couple lucky pulls helped my IX, X and XIII synergy so I'll probably be able to do CM's for them after grinding Orbfest.

Anustart

It's not Christmas yet over here(tomorrow) but Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to RKGAF!

Honestly I don't bother with many CM's either. I usually do VII and VIII because my synergy is great for them. The last couple lucky pulls helped my IX, X and XIII synergy so I'll probably be able to do CM's for them after grinding Orbfest.

Im just glad 13 is out of the lucky pulls for a while.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Without that meltdown spell, how do you do that Ex Death Ultimate?

I haven't tried a physical team because I'm just assuming that all party dispel makes the fight a complete RNG fest.

I tried putting Gust on Tyro, but that means I have to choose between Heathen Frolic and Multibreak, and basically his magic attacks kill me either way. I assume all magic teams are supposed to be able to destroy him in seconds, but I'm wondering if you need lots of bursts to make it work.

I have a bunch of level 1 characters that I haven't bothered to level, but its the relics that I'm missing to do most, if not all CM's. Still gonna level some anyway. Mastered all my relics and going with favorite characters first.

Won't be Christmas for a few more hours, but Merry Christmas to everybody here!

I'm pretty happy with my decision to quit Brave Exvius and just do record keeper.

My days are so much less stressful not having to deal with arena. Record keeper's multiplayer is so much more fun...

Just a lot happier in general,

thedan001

How do you usr Reforge? It's still greyed out for me

Hmm, did you max upgrade the ++ item?

Have a corresponding * dark matter for the item rarity?

Have the gil funds?

5* to 5*+++ needs 2.5m gil, and 5* dark matter

If you met these conditions, must be something else like finishing the tutorial for it or something

Anustart

Ughhh, i wanna pull! But already got my grand prize from the banner 1, and nothing on banner 2 interests me.

my desire to pull is so great i even looked at the 2 beginner banners for a bit before i came to my senses i dont want that junk.

greyshark

Ughhh, i wanna pull! But already got my grand prize from the banner 1, and nothing on banner 2 interests me.

my desire to pull is so great i even looked at the 2 beginner banners for a bit before i came to my senses i dont want that junk.

Do the daily - at least it's free :).

CxhlVF4WEAAT_tt.jpg

Me: I'm gonna save up my mythril for the best fest banner

Me to me: Blow it all on banner 1 then whale the rest

I too have the urge to pull so bad! 26 can't come soon enough for 1 or 2 pulls, depending of if I get Refia, Vanille or Kain BSB on first pull. 100 gems could change my plans too but I won't put any hope in that.

Then it's XIV to finish the year properly or in a catastrophe, maximum 3 pulls. I want to save for XIII banner 2 for Raines, but I am so scared of another hope BSB. He's one of my most decked out character and I never did a 11 pulls on a XIII banner... I am a Hope magnet... He served me well but I need to start gearing another BLM. I was always on the side of mage party but the game made my A-team melee.

Anustart

Anyone have a link to the banners? im not interested in osbs, i want sustainable damage rather than big number rawr.

need to look at what bsbs are offered.

Hmm, did you max upgrade the ++ item?

Have a corresponding * dark matter for the item rarity?

Have the gil funds?

5* to 5*+++ needs 2.5m gil, and 5* dark matter

If you met these conditions, must be something else like finishing the tutorial for it or something

I don't have a dark matter, just a Rosetta Stone. Do i need a dark matter? I have a 7* (5++), wanted to take it to 8 but the option is greyed out as if I'm missing some condition to trigger it. Maybe it's the dark matter

B.K.

I don't have a dark matter, just a Rosetta Stone. Do i need a dark matter? I have a 7* (5++), wanted to take it to 8 but the option is greyed out as if I'm missing some condition to trigger it. Maybe it's the dark matter

Yes. Dark Matter is required for reforging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom