• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

MrDaravon

Yeah the first FF4 banner in particular is pretty highly regarded and I've already been planning on a pull there for months now, especially since my FF4 physical DPS is non-existent (no, a D.Cecil SSB doesn't count). I do have Rosa's mblink SSB medica, Edward's imperil Holy BSB and Rydia's SB/SSB/BSB so I'm really hoping for physical stuff.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wow this new Apocalypse battle is some hot bullshit. Is this their way of dealing with everyone having 50 OSBs and whatnot? Yeesh. lol

It also makes me see GBF as even more generous than FFRK, in that at least that game lets you revive in the middle of the battle instead of forcing you to replay the whole thing.

Balphon

Ceodore 1 is pretty good but it's a little top heavy. Ceodore and Kain's BSBs are quite good (as is Kain OSB if you've honed a few good DRG abilities) but the rest of the banner is all over the place, though the imperils are decent consolation prizes.

I'll probably pull once on Ceodore 2 since I'm lacking mage stuff in FFIV and Rydia isn't getting any love from DeNA anytime soon.

I'm trying really hard not to pull on any banners for realms in which I have a bsb heal even if I like the banner. This means no X and no IV pulls upcoming (or IX and XIV as they come), but I will pull on the VIII and V banners with bsb or usb medicas. IV is my favorite and I used Ceodore's bsb a ton when I still played my JP login, but alas. I will likely cave, tbh.

I'm having a hard time doing the D180 Cid Mission without relying on Vaan BSB aka instant win button. Trying to use Multi Break and Heathen Frolic Sarabande on Rikku but the incoming damage is still too high.

Yeah I got wrecked too. Doesnt help my team was 4 80s and a 77.

I dont have the relics to pull the CM off. Might be tough even still to beat it cuz I dont have a BSB heal.

Yeah, turns out I was making the CM a lot harder on myself than it needed to be. For some reason I was thinking that you couldn't attack the boss with anything except its weakness... so I was wasting a lot of turns defending and whatnot and my buffs were not lasting long enough. I finally realized that it doesn't really hurt anything to attack him with the "wrong" element, and just let loose.

Beat him with Tidus, Rikku, Lulu, Braska, and Yuna.

Yeah, turns out I was making the CM a lot harder on myself than it needed to be. For some reason I was thinking that you couldn't attack the boss with anything except its weakness... so I was wasting a lot of turns defending and whatnot and my buffs were not lasting long enough. I finally realized that it doesn't really hurt anything to attack him with the "wrong" element, and just let loose.

Beat him with Tidus, Rikku, Lulu, Braska, and Yuna.

That's the same team I had. Braska is 77, rest 80. Dude was just crushing my team and I had on same breaks. Gonna just try and beat it first.

Congrats on your CM victory.

I struggled with my normal FFX team (BSB Rikku, EnWater Paine, SSB1 Tidus, Wakka, BSB2 Yuna w/ RW Wall), but had little problem when I switched to a magic team w/ RW Yuna USB.

- Rikku was mostly alternating between breaks. During Water phases she did a BSB cast, followed by Seymour using Leviathan.
- Seymour and Lulu defended when not attacking a weakness.
- Braska frequently defended as well, but also was focused on refreshing Shellga and his Faithga SSB.
- I did a ton of healing throughout the fight due to his piercing AoE, but I was still surprised at how well I was able to mitigate damage just using ProShellga and standard breaks. I used 5 medicas (RW first, then Yuna's BSB2, then RW again and 2 more Yuna casts) and did a few turns of Yuna's CMD 2 as well.
- Lulu died just before the end, but luckily she had already used all of her casts (the third Lightning phase had just ended).

Oh yea, that reminds me. Didn't master Yunalesca because nobody used def down, lmao.

What are people having trouble with though? Magic blink completely kills the biggest threat

Alright, I take it back, that shit is hard AF. Guess I got lucky my first two times, but when I went back to get mastery since I missed one of the conditions the first time it took about 2 straight hours of wiping before we finally got it. It wasn't until I put "no holy resist = kicked" in my raid message that I finally got a group that could beat it. In one case this idiot Vaan was taking 9999 damage every single time she cast Ultimate Holy, then his other character kept raising him like a moron.

Syntsui

The parties will understand that bringing Ultra Cure is a death sentence and by the time someone dies, there is no point reviving it, it's over.

Just don't die, time the blinks properly and bring holy resist accesories. To make it even easier, bring the MBlink yourself, it will be trivial.

WarAdept

Yay, difficulty increase!

Dreaming's End U++ CM

Rikku: Master Thief
Lulu: Mass Mending (Shared)
Seymour: Mass Mending (Shared)
Braska: Summoner's Dream
Yuna: Trigger Happy
Tiny Bee lol

My X SB's are poor, but it didn't attack much at all. Tiny Bee put in work as Cmd1 doesn't give a damn about counters (being a NAT attack) and I surprisingly used the terrible terrible medica attached to it quite a bit (and it was proccing the Doublecast White materia like crazy).

Nothing special of note is required of this fight apart from Spherimorph possibly being counter happy. It switches elements every 2 weakness hits. Could've honed Leviathan, but why waste the orbs.

3aR8k8G.jpg

Dreaming's End Apoc +

Tyro: Sentinel Grimoire
Raines: Metamophosis
OK: Vessel of Fate
Alphinaud: Aerial Blast
Vanille: Transcendent Dream

Valefor and Ixion are dicks. Bring Astra/Slow Resist/Affliction Break or just save/generate Hastega after she does Ultimate Sonic Wings because having the entire party slowed is not a fun time. Ifrit is a non issue.

Ixion is super dispel happy with (Ultimate) Aerospark, so preparing with super burst during this phase or bring lots of ability uses for buffs will go a long way.

Or just spam Physical Blink.

bkUQubU.jpg

friz898

I guess I was lucky getting it on first try like cpp.

I haven't retried it, since no real reason to, but reading all these messages...

So basically I guess the guy who spammed Lifesiphon with Firion even when his BSB was already active (and was group leader) knew exactly what they were doing.

I had brought Last Stand, but I didn't pay attention if insta KO overrides it.

friz898

I brought Vaan, Tidus, Setzer, Tyro, and Yuna to Apoc+. The Vaan/Setzer debuff combo is just so good. I'm coming to rely on it more and more for the harder fights-- Vaan in particular.

Didn't go particularly smoothly at the end, but we pushed through.

I had him down to red sliver, less than 1% and thought I had it even though I only had 3 people still alive, but double thunder sparks or whatever beat me before I could get another blink or last stand up. I'll get it today though.

Firion (blink), Alphi (deploytac), Relm (last stand), Edge (last stand and haste) and OK for breaks is definitely going to win on the rematch.

The parties will understand that bringing Ultra Cure is a death sentence and by the time someone dies, there is no point reviving it, it's over.

Just don't die, time the blinks properly and bring holy resist accesories. To make it even easier, bring the MBlink yourself, it will be trivial.

I was the one bringing mblink every time. It only helps at the beginning, but then end is where it gets hard. Hellbiter + Mind Blast spam can wreck an entire party in seconds

From what I can gather, the Cagnazzo raid in the next event is supposed to be another major difficulty spike like Yunalesca, but that things will settle down again after that.

When are the other Torment dungeons going to open up again? I don't like this "rotating through only one at a time" thing.

Considering that we get like 100 4* motes per raid now, I don't the difficulty spike is too unreasonable. We need difficulty spikes to keep things challenging

Beat the event Apoc plus. Challenging fight. Double blinked with Arc and Rosa. Had Squall for Ice OS on Ifrit and Chain Water Strike for Ixion, doubled Irvine and OK with breaks. All level 99. Dunno if Ixion has a 1hp move but Arc almost got wasted down on knees. Yikes. Glad to have that over. Will retry CM sometime but not hopeful.

So when you play the multiplayer solo apparently it is still multiplayer so you can end up lagging yourself which leads to improbable situations like so (not me):
-1 RW left

I had brought Last Stand, but I didn't pay attention if insta KO overrides it.
You mean the ultimate megadeath? I hear that does 100% max HP as damage so last stand would trigger but you're probably sapped so the sap tick will KO you anyway.

So when you play the multiplayer solo apparently it is still multiplayer so you can end up lagging yourself which leads to improbable situations like so (not me):

-1 RW left

You mean the ultimate megadeath? I hear that does 100% max HP as damage so last stand would trigger but you're probably sapped so the sap tick will KO you anyway.

Definitely does 100% Max HP, because I survived it due to Ysh'tolas bubble.

friz898

Hey folks, just getting home.

Sure enough, that d220 went down the very first try today.

I went into Ixion with blnks, last stands, filled up soul break bars, several layers of mitigation.

I knew I had it this time. Let me tell you... I did win, and I did get "Master" but if anybody wants to see the pics, my final shot to win had all 5 of my members alive, and each with about 10%.

I had at least a round before a Blink or Last Stand would be available. Started getting real nervous about who I remembered still had Last Stand and who didn't.

The biggest challenge for me this fight was not having Native wall. Just like the Torments, it makes a huge difference. I RW'ed Wall everytime and use one on Valefor and one on Ifrit, then went all out with everything I had on Ixion. All hones used up for the most part, I think Relm still had like 8 casts of Curaja, but she stayed in her BSB the entire fight is why.

For anybody who cares, party was:

Firion - Two Breakdowns and Magic Blink BSB
Relm - Shellga/Curaja and Last Stand BSB (mako might)
O Knight - Full Break and other Breakdown - Used Onion Slice since had Alphi already buffing.
Alphinaud - Chain Bliz and Curaise - Deployment Tactics (Mogs Teachings)
Edge - Hydroburst (for medal) and Dimissal (landed alot on Valefor actually - With Blink/Last Stand SSB.

RW - Wall.

God I would trade anything for Native Wall, even with people reminding me it won't matter eventually.

If someone wants receipts (on anything I ever post) I do take snapshots, I just don't upload to imgur.

Whew!

friz898

From what I can gather, the Cagnazzo raid in the next event is supposed to be another major difficulty spike like Yunalesca, but that things will settle down again after that.

When are the other Torment dungeons going to open up again? I don't like this "rotating through only one at a time" thing.

Ya, I'm sad on days like today where All Story done, all nightmare done, all mote done, 1 one open torment is done, all U+ done, and all raids done.

When typed out like that it makes it sound like I pay 10 hours a day, but I only play really the last hour or so I'm awake in bed. But as somewhat stated before, to get where I am with all characters at max level and and story dungeons done -- I was playing a ton in the beginning.

Lol yeah, at this particular moment I have mastered all available content in the game. Far from all characters max leveled though. I have an egg hoarding complex. I only use eggs to max a character when I absolutely need to for something time-limited.

friz898

Lol yeah, at this particular moment I have mastered all available content in the game. Far from all characters max leveled though. I have an egg hoarding complex. I only use eggs to max a character when I absolutely need to for something time-limited.

Well I played this game for my first year without being in any community like ffrk strategy, reddit, or here. I really learned a lot more once reading this forum. I didn't even know Full Break and a Breakdown could stack until I read it on the internet.

My point is, I was already leveling everybody to max way back then. I thought that was the only way you could win. I didn't realize how big of a deal certain relics were (like Wall for example) I saw the description for that and thought it was such a boring/stupid relic, I'd rather have something that takes the boss down to 50% after two uses. I was so very wrong.

I have 40 99's, I think I'm 2 or 3 shy of max possible. I know I didn't get the MC3 on the very first time it was offered.

I also saw things like Nightmare as "unwinnable" unless you spend all your mythril getting so much resurrection percentage buffs that you could finally win. I saw it as Dena's way to get all my mythril from me and said "nope, probably never".

Again, I was very wrong.

If I had it to do all over again, I probably would not raised everybody's levels, but at least they're all 80 and 99 for the OCD completionist in me.

Edit: I am so damn chatty at the moment. Wife is at a night college class, and I was gone all day, and the 12yo is doing homework. Obviously I need something to do in FFRK! (while my ps4 and gaming pc keep collecting dust)

Here's the images from what I said earlier.

Team picture taken after victory.
C1sbkda.jpg

NikXurp.png

P7RnF3w.png

KVfbFtQ.jpg

OK: BSB
Squall: OSB Ice/Non-Elem
Rosa: SSB Magic Blink - Heal
Arc SSB Phys Blink - Heal
Irvine SSB Pentabreak

friz898

Here's the images from what I said earlier.

Team picture taken after victory.

Well, quoting your comment showed me how to embed. That was about 7 years overdue since first finding this message board.

My question, am I going to need to crop these before I embed them, or will they show similar to yours? (anybody can answer obviously)

Edit: Test!

Edit2: Test Worked, but holy shit those images were as big as a 60 inch tv.

Edit7396: after several edits that nobody will see unless they're stalker-lurking and refereshing, it seems Med Thumbnail view is best. Would you believe me if I created my own website in 1997, yet didn't know how to embed here on the forum? lol.

sadHJ5Fm.png

eQoOqeDm.png

Well, quoting your comment showed me how to embed. That was about 7 years overdue since first finding this message board.

So since I already have an imgur account from years ago, I imagined the easiest way was to email myself from my iphone, get it on my computer, then upload it to imgur. I'm sure I can cut out the middle man (the computer) but I don't have any imgur app at the moment.

My question, am I going to need to crop these before I embed them, or will they show similar to yours? (anybody can answer obviously)

The other guys have it better. Making a tri-picture by using some editing elsewhere by turning 3 pictures into 1.

I just uploaded to my computer and went from there. Also don't have an app. Bit of a hassle but wanted to take some pride in this victory(220!!! By myself, with shit armor to boot) as I usually just write it out. Beat on my 2nd try. Rosa got whacked on Valefor first try somehow.

On imgur you want to select your resize dimensions before you upload for easiest use.

evangd007

So I looked at the Hall of Rites and somehow I've managed to accumulate 9 MC3s. Thinking I want to raise Tidus (OSB), Papa (Ley Lines), Golbez (BSB) and Maria (BSB), but after that I don't really have a clue.

Is Edge worth raising with just his last stand SSB? Is Tyro worth raising without any relic to speak of? I also have Bartz OSB and every Krile relic, but I don't really use either of them, and besides that I have some borderline BSBs like Cecil and Terra. Maybe Irvine w/ Hyper Break?

friz898

So I looked at the Hall of Rites and somehow I've managed to accumulate 9 MC3s. Thinking I want to raise Tidus (OSB), Papa (Ley Lines), Golbez (BSB) and Maria (BSB), but after that I don't really have a clue.

Is Edge worth raising with just his last stand SSB? Is Tyro worth raising without any relic to speak of? I also have Bartz OSB and every Krile relic, but I don't really use either of them, and besides that I have some borderline BSBs like Cecil and Terra. Maybe Irvine w/ Hyper Break?

Opinions and such.

I woulld have never looked at ley lines if not for this msg board. However, I still don't get the big deal about it. Maybe once I pull it one day, then I'll get it.

I don't have Maria BSB but I see it in MP and geez, that's amazing. Golbez? I don't have anything for him, so no comment. Tidus? I have his BSB., and I love it, as it's my only water relic period. (Other than Terra CMD 2 from burst) -- that being said. I really don't use my 3 OSB that much. I really prefer (so far) bursts over overstrikes.

Now about your other questions... I kept looking for a use for Edge, because I knew his blink ssb was some good stuff. -- and you know what? I won the d220, and he was a big part of it. Can never have enough blinks and last stands -- also, he can do so many things, that It's not too hard to find a use for him -- however, I doubt I'll be raising very many Ninjas to 99. So ya, I did it -- i'm glad i did.

I'm not sure Tyro has a purpose in this game beyond Wall, oh and "geez, I wish I had a character that could do everything, even if they weren't very good at it" Tyro became evem more useless (to me) once O Knight hit 99. Now, that being said, you get Tyro Wall and well hell, he'll be in all my parties.

Bartz? blah OSB, my opnion. If an OSB is a deciding factor for you, then just RW it.

Krile? I know she's sheep girl, but I really don't use her much. If you have all her relics, then sure? I'd have to go read up on them.

Pecil and Terra? I have both their bursts. I have a lot for them too actually. I like Terra, and I keep her around for Chaos Fira and Chaos Watera from her bursts, but I really don't use her much.

Pecil? Not only is he a damn rock solid tank, but all that holy crap. How many people can tank the best in the game (next to or right after WoL), cast 4star magics if you need a protectga or something, and also destroy anything with a holy weakness -- not many. Maybe a WoL with record spheres giving him white magic.

My thoughts! Bout to head to bed, see you folks tomorrow.

Opinions and such.

I woulld have never looked at ley lines if not for this msg board. However, I still don't get the big deal about it. Maybe once I pull it one day, then I'll get it.
I mean, it's basically Onion Knight's buff but better, because in addition to haste it also reduces casting time. So if you like VoF, you have to like Ley Lines even more :) (the downside of LL though is that it's magic only, not MAG/ATK, so it's superior for mage meta but not for mixed teams)

I'm not sure Tyro has a purpose in this game beyond Wall, oh and "geez, I wish I had a character that could do everything, even if they weren't very good at it" Tyro became evem more useless (to me) once O Knight hit 99. Now, that being said, you get Tyro Wall and well hell, he'll be in all my parties.
Tyro is amazing because of his versatility. Onion Knight can't use Dancer, so if you want a Multi Break Tyro is easily your best option. It's mostly just the fact that Tyro can use things like Support, Dancer, Sharpshooter, Summoning etc all at the same time. When you're trying to figure out how to get these 2 last abilities into your group and they are from random disciplines that don't usually go together, Tyro can save the day.

Bartz? blah OSB, my opnion. If an OSB is a deciding factor for you, then just RW it.
Bartz is mostly good for his BSB. It hits a lot of different elements.

Krile? I know she's sheep girl, but I really don't use her much. If you have all her relics, then sure? I'd have to go read up on them.

Krile was my first true love when I started this game 6 months ago. Her BSB is nuts if you need fire damage.

I mean, it's basically Onion Knight's buff but better, because in addition to haste it also reduces casting time. So if you like VoF, you have to like Ley Lines even more :) (the downside of LL though is that it's magic only, not MAG/ATK, so it's superior for mage meta but not for mixed teams)
I'm thankful for this, because it allows me to stack LL + VoF on my mage team. Throw RW Raines BSB and that's a Quad MAG+ recipe of instant casting pain (MAG, MAG/ATK, MAG/DEF, MAG/RES). BSB Alphi, Wall Dancing Tyro and BSB White Mage round out the team nicely. I may need to adjust for break stacking in the future, but the team puts in work right now.

friz898

Tyro is amazing because of his versatility. Onion Knight can't use Dancer, so if you want a Multi Break Tyro is easily your best option. It's mostly just the fact that Tyro can use things like Support, Dancer, Sharpshooter, Summoning etc all at the same time. When you're trying to figure out how to get these 2 last abilities into your group and they are from random disciplines that don't usually go together, Tyro can save the day.

Bartz is mostly good for his BSB. It hits a lot of different elements.

Krile was my first true love when I started this game 6 months ago. Her BSB is nuts if you need fire damage.

I won't get in the way of true love.

As for Tyro, I'm not saying you're wrong. Somehow he seems to weasel his way into so many things.

You used the dancer example, and boy do I love dancers, but I have good stuff for Mog and Penelo, so it's like Why Tyro?

I'll re-look at ley lines, I actually don't use VoF too too much since it doesn't stack with Deployment Tactics, and I have 2 other relics for O Knight. I usually use Blowback for the medica (not the damage) or Onion Slice for the dmg plus Def/Res. I imagine if I didn't force Alphi into every group, I'd have a bigger hardon for VoF.

In the nobody cares blabber - I need to find a good video or something about Alphinaud. I played FF14 starting from the Destiny ps4 release (for white, don't play destiny) and then I had maxed most everything at the time. Then quit in. .. late 2015. I'm not sure I ever met Alphinaud. I think I met Thancred, and maybe Minifinai? Yshtola name also familiar. Sigh..if only that game wasn't a marriage/parent killer.

friz898

Oh and cpp, I debate, but only because I'm learning. This thread is pretty laid back so it's whatever, but I wanted to make sure I don't offend anybody.

That being said, the way this game is made (almost like FF1) you only can take a couple of skills and you could only use them so many times, with (nearly) no way to expand that.

So Tyro being great at so much, is a plus -- for sure!, but since the only relic I have oh his is celebration whatever, the next question becomes what abilities does he have that I need?

Native Wall _ take Tyro

Non Native Wall - need ninja? there's better. Need support? so many better. Heals? tons of them. Summon, blm? ya that's covered too.

I don't hate Tyro of course, he's the protagonist but I have yet to find a single time in the gamme wherre I wanted him in a job over someone else I have in that job.

Perhaps they should Buff Tyro to have synergy in all realms.

Oh and cpp, I debate, but only because I'm learning. This thread is pretty laid back so it's whatever, but I wanted to make sure I don't offend anybody.

I'm usually the one doing the offending, not the other way around. There's very little anyone can say to offend me, so don't worry about it ;-)

Absolutely. Getting a pentabreaker to LVL 99 is huge. Also helps VIII is coming up in two events(after IV).

I wouldn't level Tyro with no relics. I've never been impressed with Terra's BSB watching it in raids.

All the ones you mentioned seem to be good, Tidus, etc...Add Irvine and you have 4 left.

I have zero MC3 left...just broke Steiner with this latest event. Will probably save any I get now for the next batch, wanna break Cait Sith, Mog, and Leo.

I would not sit on 9 MC3. I have plenty of SSB only at 99. As you can see some of them(Rosa, Arc, Irvine) helped me crush this latest apocalypse. Would not have won with them at 80.

My 99s or on the way

OSB
Terra
Cloud
Squall
Quistis
Beatrix

BSB
OK
Kain
Steiner (just broke)
Kuja
Ashe
Snow

Healers
Arc SSB
Rosa SSB
Relm SSB(almost to 99)
Garnet SSB (use her as a healer when she's in)
Vanille SSB

SSB
Sabin
Sephy
Irvine
Zell
Serah

No SSB+ relics
Celes - Fav character
Luneth - Record Materia

Edit- Forgot Terra. Gah. I got a crap ton of OSB.

MC3 rosters? Don't mind if I do.

OSB
Orlandeau
Squall
Gilgamesh

BSB
Onion (all relics but OSB)
Tyro (+ Wall)
Alphinaud (+ DT)
Cid Highwind
Luneth
Kain
Beatrix
Faris (+ Imperil Wind SSB)
Krile (+ Sheepsong)
Gordon (only source of Last Stand)
Zack
Quistis (+ Mighty Guard)
Rikku
Bathier

Healers
Vanille (BSB)
Aerith (BSB + USB)
Yuna (BSB2)
Selphie (SSB)

SSB
Celes (Indom)
Papalymo (LL + EnIce)
Raines (Wing)
Terra (EnFire)
Sabin (40% Medica)
Cloud (lol Blade Beam)
Sephiroth (Both)
Zell (Both)
Vaan (Pyro)
Agrias (Bolt)

No SSB+ relics
Rinoa (RM)
Fang (RM)
DK Cecil (RM + Boostga)

Waiting on MC3 batch
Barret (Hyperbreak + ATK/DEF)
Gaffgarion (RM + BSB)

Xetherion

I'll share my mc3 roster too.

Main team
OK (bsb, osb, onion slice ssb)
Tyro (Wall, bsb, usb)
Raines (bsb, some ssb i don't use)
Fujin (enWind ssb + bsb)
Vanille (bsb)

Healers
Eiko (bsb)
Relm (all of her relics, but i only use her bsb(i disliked relm in her game but ffrk insists on giving me her relics and they're too good to not use))
Rosa (ssb)
Selphie (bsb + old medica)
Sarah (ssb(i had a surplus of mc3 and pulled her lute when she was already at 80. didn't want the exp from learning her ssb to go to waste so used an mc3)

Supports
Setzer (bsb + 2 ssbs i don't use)
Ramza (bsb, medica)

Mages
Maria (bsb)
Krile (sheep mode + bsb)
Rinoa (bsb)
Hope (osb)
Papalymo (Ley Lines)
Alphinaud (bsb)

Phys dps
Leon (bsb, HotE, ssb that is never used)
Luneth (bsb, Advance which is never used anymore)
Refia (bsb, ssb never used)
Pecil (bsb)
Celes (Indom. Blade, bsb)
Sabin (pblink ssb, medica+esunaga+DEFboost ssb)
Cloud (ssb(just wanted his RM4 mostly))
Zack (helicopter thingy(wanted his RM4 and my fav character in all of FF))
Zidane (enWind ssb + osb)
Beatrix (bsb, mblink ssb)
Yda (bsb)
Orlandeau (just for his RM4... one of these days i'll pull one of his relics... right?;_;)
Yuffie (bsb)
Basch (HotE clone, pblink ssb)

I still have 8 mc3 lodes too, but don't have anyone i really want to use em on. Was considering Minfilia since i have her Last Stand + boostga, but then i pulled Relm's bsb which covers my Last Stand needs.

I feel like i'm set with my main team anyway. OK and Raines insta-cast spam plus Fujin ninja cast time spam, w/ triple MAG boosts (ATK/MAG, MAG/DEF, MAG+quickcast RW) and triple RES breaks (full break, Fujin bsb entry MAG/RES, Fujin cmd2 RES), just melts everything.

Kain

All the extra fights we're not very hard for me (I spammed Vaan's OSB on Ixion lol) but Yunalesca 260...... Oh my God, the teams I've seen online....... I tried solo but I don't have enough damage, one needs water SBs a plenty that I don't have. I'll try a couple more times and if I don't find a good team fuck it, I don't need the trouble.

Suffice to say in one of the tries yesterday I found an Eiko with her BSB spamming normal attack, for example.

I love MP battles when I find good teams, but, damnit, FIX YOUR ANDROID ISSUES DeNA!

I frequently get long pauses before a character acts (usually on SBs, but that's not always the case) and in MP that often leads to disconnects. I had a fantastic group but I got a 5 second pause followed by a disconnect JUST as the final attack was triggered. I was even taunted by animation playing behind the disconnect notice, >_<.

Difficulty spike is real. Glancing at Reddit it feels like there are way more "Help me beat the D220" (both single- and multi-player) posts than usual.

My broken 99s: Firion, Luneth, Onion Knight, Bartz, Celes, Relm, Cloud, Aerith, Beatrix, Tidus, Y'shtola, Ramza, Agrias, T.G. Cid, Tyro, Refia, Vaan, Vanille, Rinoa, Lightning, Terra, Greg, Faris, Setzer, Ashe, Yuna, Fang, Zidane, Garnet, Alphinaud, Garland, Locke, Sephiroth, Penelo, Kuja, Balthier, Fran, Vivi, Shantotto, Basch.

Next in line: Quistis, Maria, Exdeth, Minfilia, Sazh, Shadow, Zack.

Rubenov

Mastered the Aeons D220 on first try. Key SBs and use of characters below:

- Tidus: Water Chain and water BSB for Ixion
- Squall: Ice OSB for Ifrit. En-Ice Unique SB.
- Tyro: Wall
- Gordon: Kashuan's Resolve SSB for a Wrathable physical blink. Allowed me to skip most slows and dispels from Valefor and Ixion
- Larsa: Wrathable healing BSB for Astra against any slows/stops that blink didn't catch (due to already being spent), and SSB for party haste

RW was Eiko's USB for Last Stand, and as an additional source of haste and healing

evangd007

good stuff

more good stuff

even more good stuff

Thanks for the advice all. Going to pull the trigger on Tidus, Papa, Maria, Golbez, Edge, and Irvine. Maybe Rosa after that, even though I only have her Magic Blink SSB.

I was only considering Tyro because I egged him to 80 when I desperately needed a Multibreaker for FFXII U++ and he was already halfway leveled from getting his RMs.

Current 99s: Gilgamesh (BSB), Luneth (BSB), Orlandu (OSB), Aerith (BSB), OK (all but Onion Slice), Alphinaud (BSB), Yuffie (BSB), Vaan (BSB), Vanille (BSB), Ramza (Shout and Medica).

Other OSBs: Ashe, Bartz, Rinoa

Other BSBs: Y'shtola, Cecil, Terra, Zell, Krile, Golbez, Maria

Y'shtola, Zell, and Krile should probably be on tap for MC3 as well, but they are all level ~50 right now and I don't have enough eggs to raise them.

ultra7k

Figure I'll share my strategy for 99s.

I try to have at least 2 level 99 characters in each realm - especially if i don't have any relics for them to make up for lost stats, however small they may be for CMs. The big deciding factor is do I have their BSB, or failing that an OSB or 2 SSBs? I still have 1 MC III to use, and was thinking of breaking Zack, but I feel I should probably use it on either Mustadio, Cid, or Irvine, as I have their pentabreaks.

Firion
Maria

Luneth
Refia
Onion Knight

P.Cecil
Rosa
Golbez

Lenna
Gilgamesh (no relics for him whatsoever, but he is quite versatile so...)
Bartz
Faris

Terra
Locke
Celes

Cloud
Tifa
Sephiroth
Aeirth

Squall
Rinoa
Selphie

Zidane
Vivi
Garnet
Beatrix

Tidus
Yuna

Vaan
Ashe
Gabranth

Lightning
Snow
Sarah

Alphinaud
Minfilia

Ramza
Agrias
Orlandeau

Tyro

Balphon

I took everyone I have a burst or otherwise particularly useful SB for to 99.

There are a few who are worth using an MC3 on just for the RM (Echo, Luneth, Golbez, Cloud, Vaan), but not many.

Top Bottom