• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

friz898

I broke out of my Orbfest Daze to see what the current events are and when they end.

All of them end after Dark Phase, so that means I'm jumping right back into Orbfest until I die from Golden Saucer music.

...Or at least until 01/07 when phase 2 ends. Then I gotta spam Mired in Crisis and Sabin event one after the other.

Black will be where most of my time (and mythril) go.

friz898

I broke out of my Orbfest Daze to see what the current events are and when they end.

All of them end after Dark Phase, so that means I'm jumping right back into Orbfest until I die from Golden Saucer music.

...Or at least until 01/07 when phase 2 ends. Then I gotta spam Mired in Crisis and Sabin event one after the other.

Btw, are you military or Euro? I ask because the way you displayed the date.

One-shot the III Torment CM. On to 250.

Same here. Easiest Torment evar. But then my FF3 team is super stacked. You get a BSB, you get a BSB, everyone gets a BSB!

MycsNpv.jpg

Need to build some stam back up before I can do the 250 and 300.

Jecht killed Tidus with a 2x3500 hit very early in the battle (SG, Protectga, and debuffs up... not sure how it happened-- I guess he just really hates his son), but I decided to just power through. The Wakka BSB that I was somewhat disappointed to get in the BSB lucky draw turned out to be pretty badass here.

Rubenov

One-shot the 250 as well, and now waiting on stamina to attempt the D300 with the team below

AIBTOSul.png

This should satisfy the highest CID Mission requirement. Main difference from the 200 and 250 team is substituting Cloud of Darkness for Ingus, since there's no need to tauntaliate the Torment trash. Oh, and no SB-generating abilities or RMs of course.

Balphon

Song for Spira made the BFA Cid mission pretty easy but is would've been hell without it. That triumphant grasp shit is ridiculous.

My FF3 team outside of Arc is terrible so I may just skip this torment CM. Only SBs I have that aren't for Arc are OK's SSBs, Cloud of Darkness SSB and Advance.

Rubenov

First attempt failed. Ran out of gas when he had less than 10% left. Those ounter-Curagas are pretty serious. Made a few adjustments... swapped Rosa for Yuna (BSB2) or the MAG boost, and gave Luneth 2 copies of Sky High (thanks to the new Dragoon motes). Used Mind breakdown with Onion Knight and ate the counter Crags (I believe it was worth it). Oh, and Cloud of Darkness BSB (with Radiant Shield) was a significant source of DPS, with all those Megaflares reflected.

7wGKvPyl.png

Master Screen:

41u6nz0l.png

And all 3 Cid Mission levels complete:

rJSY4Dyl.png

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Umm... how do you survive that Jecht dual piercing attack? I had Full Break, Power Breakdown, Orlandeau's Attack Down and Agrias' Attack/Magic down and I still get one shot.

Does the dude not heal on 250 and reflect is worthless? Had em at 30 percent at least.

1 stupid mythril short of drawing. I can change up my team if that's the case.

Have defensive gear for 3 but no weapons.

Tidd

I'm just laughing at Rosa's USB right now. It's so ridiculous OP. Torment Bahamut 250 hit like a baby. 3k Megaflare? Miss. Another 3k Megaflare? 2000HP stock. Another Megaflare? Guess I should use her USB again.

Kain

This Chadarnooks fights were more annoying than hard. With Vaan's BSB the thing couldn't hit for more than 1k in all its attacks, but still, lots of timing.

Later I'll try the MP fight, but I only see smart people stacked with Holy crosses and such, so it'll take a while until I find a good pug lol

This new torment motivates me, wind is my thing.

Wow, Torment Jump Start was something else. I had to save all six of Luneth and Cid's OSB casts to get through the weak phase, which meant getting to the weak phase by stacking Vessel of Fate, Shout, and History's Truth and relying on my hones of stuff like Full Charge, Snowspell Strike, Sky High, and Tornado Strike. Definitely one of the trickiest and most interesting battles I've done in this game so far. Got mastery and all three of the CMs.

Tidd

Cleared Bahamut 300 with my wind mage team: Fujin, Alphinaud, Cid Raines, Tyro and Rosa. RW was OK. These instant cast cmd1 are so amazing. Was kinda scared at the end because he used non-counter Curaga quite a lot. Was too lazy to try it with Arc.

Couldn't do the CM stuff with what I have. Maybe with some more hones I could've done it but for now I don't have the orbs for it. This or another physical wind BSB like Cloud's BSB2 should be enough. At the end my mage team still had 3 characters who dealt some real damage in his weak phase. Compared to my physical CM team only Luneth had one last Burst left which wasn't enough.

Oh and fuck you DeNA:

Rubenov

For the III Torment, just remember that the Torment will last for a full week after Cloud USB banner, so it can be RW'ed for the fight.

Not sure Cloud USB will really help with this torment, but maybe I'll be proven wrong. My Luneth (who is a beast) was able to hit 9999 per hit on his BSB, but only after 3 stacks of atk buff and multiple breakdowns. Not sure how you can really get any higher. I imagine if i had been uncapped it would have been 11-12k / hit. Nice, but not game changing

Ahnez

Not sure Cloud USB will really help with this torment, but maybe I'll be proven wrong. My Luneth (who is a beast) was able to hit 9999 per hit on his BSB, but only after 3 stacks of atk buff and multiple breakdowns. Not sure how you can really get any higher. I imagine if i had been uncapped it would have been 11-12k / hit. Nice, but not game changing
Don't forget Cloud's USB grants you a huge damage buff, and 100% critical chance

Don't forget Cloud's USB grants you a huge damage buff, and 100% critical chance

Hmm, ok. Forgot about that. Like I said, more than happy to be proven wrong :)

Btw, does anyone know when we are getting more 4* wisdom motes? Two guys are blocked on wisdom motes before i can Legend dive them

I'm unsure about pulling on XII banner 1 tomorrow. Any of the Vaan relics would be a big win, and Reks' BSB looks pretty sweet too, but... this game just loves to give me Balthier's crappy relics.

Rubenov

I'm unsure about pulling on XII banner 1 tomorrow. Any of the Vaan relics would be a big win, and Reks' BSB looks pretty sweet too, but... this game just loves to give me Balthier's crappy relics.

I'm not entirely convinced with Vaan's relics tomorrow ... his USB seems DPS focused, and I don't treat him as a DPS'er (although it's a nice bonus) but mainly as a debuffer. And he's significantly fast to keep two SB debuffs going simultaneously if using wrath, so that lessens the desire for his LMR.

Most importantly, a pull on XII would be in conflict with pulls for Terra's USB on banner 4 this Friday, which would make her a fire goddess able to spam her OSB (*OSB required for max effects, fire abilities are good but not as impacting as her OSB).

I'm not entirely convinced with Vaan's relics tomorrow ... his USB seems DPS focused, and I don't treat him as a DPS'er (although it's a nice bonus) but mainly as a debuffer. And he's significantly fast to keep two SB debuffs going simultaneously if using wrath, so that lessens the desire for his LMR.

Most importantly, a pull on XII would be in conflict with pulls for Terra's USB on banner 4 this Friday, which would make her a fire goddess able to spam her OSB (*OSB required for max effects, fire abilities are good but not as impacting as her OSB).

Yeah, that's my hesitation with Vaan as well. The LMR would be fine because that only helps his BSB be more effective. But the USB and SSB, while great options for him in isolation, raise the Ramza Conundrum™: many choices but the same one is always the best. The USB and SSB don't synergize with his BSB at all, so would I ever actually use them?

As for Terra, I do have her OSB and would dearly love to make her into a fire goddess, but there's just too many dupes for me on the banner to justify pulling for one 6*.

Balphon

Vaan's relic LM is useful if you plan on juggling his BSB with one of his other debuff SBs.

If you're just going to use his BSB over and over then you shouldn't have problems keeping 3-4 debuffs up unless Vaan gets hit with stop or something.

Reks's BSB is a great physical buff/damage mix, as is his SSB.

Balthier's relics are middling as usual but his BSB2 is one of the better sources of imperil fire. Might be the best. Damage can be decent if you also manage to get his relic LM.

The Basch stuff on banner 1 is pretty meh. Penelo's USB is great, though she doesn't have Rosa's wrath access to make it ridiculous.

Banner 2 is a mess with a few really good items and a few you'd likely never use.

Rubenov

Vaan's relic LM is useful if you plan on juggling his BSB with one of his other debuff SBs.

If you're just going to use his BSB over and over then you shouldn't have problems keeping 3-4 debuffs up unless Vaan gets hit with stop or something.

Reks's BSB is a great physical buff/damage mix, as is his SSB.

Balthier's relics are middling as usual but his BSB2 is one of the better sources of imperil fire. Might be the best. Damage can be decent if you also manage to get his relic LM.

The Basch stuff on banner 1 is pretty meh. Penelo's USB is great, though she doesn't have Rosa's wrath access to make it ridiculous.

Banner 2 is a mess with a few really good items and a few you'd likely never use.

Good summary. I still think Vaan's fast speed and fast-casting commands allow him to juggle his BSB with an additional SB even without the LMR (that's the way I've been running it, and to my knowledge it works).

Only thing I want from banner 2 is Fran USB, since I have Squall's BSB2. Loses a lot of value without Squall BSB2.

elty

Does anyone know when will Terra USB recur and what other stuff will it have?

Thinking to skip banner 4 if Terra USB come soon in a strong banner.

Balphon

Does anyone know when will Terra USB recur and what other stuff will it have?

Thinking to skip banner 4 if Terra USB come soon in a strong banner.

It's not on Umaro/Gogo so the only possible recurrence would be either in a festival banner or in an event 6+ months away minimum.

You're also not likely to find a much stronger banner than this festival banner 4.

elty

I know banner 4 is good, but there are other VI items (Terra LM, Setzer BSB and Celes BSB2 etc) that I want to have.

ZangBa

I wasn't expecting to one shot the BFA CM but I did it. Tidus' CSB is some sick shit. My other relics are Lulu's EnIce SSB that was pretty much worthless, Paine's EnWater SSB that was actually really useful and Yuna's SSB that heals and gives stock, plus Tiny Bee that didn't get used for obvious reasons. I feel like I probably got lucky during the fight.

Wasn't VI Gravity Rod small boost to Earth? Doesn't say that anymore.

If anyone wants my 99 Strago...500 some realm MAG my code is
GJPA

Relm Plus Brush
Tiara
Pendant

working on motes. No 4 star yet.

Am I the only one here with Strago's burst?

Rubenov

Yes because I dumped 200 mithril into Banner 2 and all I got to show for it is a complete Sabin set of relics.

I hate you Sabin. I hope you get Bum Rushed by Phantom Train.

So you got his LMR as well? Seems to go well with his BSB... and his RM4 is Monk Damage +40%...

Not bad.

Dumped 250 mythril on phase 3...

klK3eSVl.jpg

ij3kWgVl.jpg

dat imperil lightning, now I can keep Orlandeau and switch between imperil waifus (agrias/lightning)

Pull 3: Iridal staff, Raijin's Pauldron, Ashe's Defiance

Pull 4: Raijin's Pauldron x3

PuLE68El.jpg

Cypress Pole another BSB I wanted, I can stack 4 mag buffs now

Raines mag+def
Rapha mag+res
Porom mag+mnd
OK mag+atk

Balphon

Best Sephiroth in a little under a minute. Could do probably 5 seconds better with some more time and effort but not sure I care to.

Yes because I dumped 200 mithril into Banner 2 and all I got to show for it is a complete Sabin set of relics.

I hate you Sabin. I hope you get Bum Rushed by Phantom Train.

I will never pull on a banner with Sabin's Armlet on it again.

But I still like Sabin.

Rubenov

Best Sephiroth in a little under a minute. Could do probably 5 seconds better with some more time and effort but not sure I care to.

Same here. Not going for speed... I always go for safety and assured clearing. I'm an old guy. Did it in 54 seconds.

Tried it once and about 50% he cast like 4 or 5 AoE spells in a row before my healer's gauge could even fill once, lol.

Probably just bad RNG, so I will try again in a bit.

Also it's annoying that his dispel removes your offensive buffs as well, I used all my VoF / Metamorphose / etc and then 5 seconds later he dispelled me. Won't be doing that again.

Tidd

Seph down!

Dispel is so annoying, especially if you do too much damage and trigger the 2nd one before your SBs are ready again thanks to a double cast cmd2 from Squall...

RW was Eiko's USB as a panic button + an extra source for haste and last stand, which prevented 3 characters deaths, including one for Squall right at the end of the fight.
SB overview: BSBs for Setzer and Squall, Ramza for Shout and one use of Chant (because I wanted the stoneskin effect for extra protection and he had nothing else to do), Tyro for Wall and one emergency heal at the end with his USB and of course Rosa's USB, which helps a lot against the spells. :p
Started the fight with Wall, Shout, breaks, Lifesiphone and then Protect/Shellga. After that tried to get Wall and Shout ready before I reached the first dispel. The important thing was that I had to predict when he was going to do his dispel attack and used Shout/Wall right before it, so it could be casted right after it. Even with heavy debuffs he still hit like a truck. Squall alone did all the damage! Last phase was really close with all the Octoslash spam. Was really scared that Rosa would die, especially when last stand was triggered.

Top Bottom