• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Vamphuntr

Keeper's Choice 2 has a bunch of good relics to build a team around, and the bonus list has some generally useful stuff like armor with shared aoe heal soul breaks you can use with anyone. It's a good choice.

If you go that route use your hero souls on whoever you get items for. In fact, even if you don't get items for them the characters featured on that banner (Bartz, Terra, Gilgamesh, Vanille, Ramza, Squall) are generally pretty good in their respective roles.

Bartz and Gilgamesh are available in the 2 difficulty dungeon of the current FFV event, though, so you can just grab them there and save yourself hero souls. Try to get them and the other currently available event characters; should be easily doable before they expire.

Nice thanks for the tips!

I don't know how I can ever go back to dailies after orbfest. 50% more stamina per level, and half as many orbs. Ugh.

When is the new set of dailies coming

B.K.

I don't know how I can ever go back to dailies after orbfest. 50% more stamina per level, and half as many orbs. Ugh.

The dailies are horrible. The only one I ever grind is Sunday experience daily. I never bother with the orb dailies through the week.

Dragner

Welp

NfF1kBzl.jpg

Only doing 1 pull per banner from now on unless it's a great banner. Got 2x Bomb Core (Tellah SSB) and 1x Gungnir (Gordon SSB) on this one.

Ultima Weapon was a complete and utter cakewalk. Cecil did work and I don't know how I lived before Vanille's Burst. I even forgot to bring Shellga and equip +holy gear on Cecil...

MrDaravon

When is the new set of dailies coming

On the other hand once you hit endgame it's kind of nice to have higher Stamina dailies where you also aren't worried about keeping a leveling party alive. I can just auto-battle my way through a full stamina bar in a few minutes every ~8 hours, it's kind of nice.

Ultima Weapon was a complete and utter cakewalk. Cecil did work and I don't know how I lived before Vanille's Burst. I even forgot to bring Shellga and equip +holy gear on Cecil...

Meh, twice I've gotten him down to needing 1 more attack to kill him but his attack speed gets so high I can't keep up. I'll get him one of these tries.

100 gem = Gabranth's Hauberk (already had two of these)
11-pull #1 = Bomb Core and Flame Fossil
11-pull #2 = Bomb Core and Onion Gauntlets!!

My New Year's resolution was to stop whaling so much on FFRK. I gave myself permission to buy pulls on the second FF14 banner because I like the characters, but then I'm done. :)

Downed Ultima Weapon on the first try, with Beatrix, Firion, and Hope BSBs he never stood a chance.

Syntsui

I was literally one or two attacks away from killing Ultima, but he got me in the end. It's very possible with a Beatrix RW.

mstevens

I quit this game a long time ago, but playing FFBE kinda made me want to peek in here again. Things are waaaay different and a little confusing, but I have a ton more paintings to do than there were before, so I guess I'll start there.

Rolling with Cloud/Sephiroth/Aerith/Kain and Rinoa with some of the 5 star items I had from around when I played.

Anything I should be doing besides going back and completing all the paintings?

I quit this game a long time ago, but playing FFBE kinda made me want to peek in here again. Things are waaaay different and a little confusing, but I have a ton more paintings to do than there were before, so I guess I'll start there.

Rolling with Cloud/Sephiroth/Aerith/Kain and Rinoa with some of the 5 star items I had from around when I played.

Delete FFBE

Dang I didn't know the event ended today. So much unspent roulette tokens. Never got the conductor outfit :(

Did a pull on OSB Banner 6

Got Onion Knight Glove
Tellah wand
Hope Boomerang OSB

Dunno if any of these dudes are good enough to replace someone from my main party.

B.K.

Dang I didn't know the event ended today. So much unspent roulette tokens. Never got the conductor outfit :(

I'm pretty sure the roulette wheel is still open until the 10th, or something like that. Can't check right now. I'm in the middle of a battle.

Did a pull on OSB Banner 6

Got Onion Knight Glove
Tellah wand
Hope Boomerang OSB

Dunno if any of these dudes are good enough to replace someone from my main party.

You can still spend the roulette chips.

And yes, you need to level OK to 99 and fully dive him. He's like Tyro, but good.

You can still spend the roulette chips.

And yes, you need to level OK to 99 and fully dive him. He's like Tyro, but good.

Cool, I just didn't scroll. I spent my 25k tokens and got conductor robe on the last spin.

How do I full dive? I'm way behind on game terminology and upgrades. Still running retaliate strats which I'm sure are outdated. Haven't upgraded an ability in months.

WarAdept

Cool, I just didn't scroll. I spent my 25k tokens and got conductor robe on the last spin.

How do I full dive? I'm way behind on game terminology and upgrades. Still running retaliate strats which I'm sure are outdated. Haven't upgraded an ability in months.

Character in question needs to be 65+. Then Upgrades & Inventory > Record Spheres (scroll down the bottom) > Tap on character you want to dive > Spend Motes.

Most people just call it "Diving" because it's the Japanese clients name for Record Spheres. Think of it as a (tiny) talent tree akin to MMO's and such per character that gives them more stats and potentially more weapon/ability access.

You need Onion motes too for him. 12 to be exact. They drop from the Ahriman nightmare dungeon but its a low drop rate. They might drop from the Cloud of Darkness event maybe?

B.K.

U+ Bartz down. That's all I'm doing in the V event. I'm not even bothering with the U++. Bartz was a bit tough. I had to s/l a few times because he kept shooting everyone in the face with his missiles.

Syntsui

Ok, I can't beat Ultima even though I get close sometimes. I'd better level up everyone to 80 on Sunday before trying again. So much for a 6x team beating it lol.

I do miss more hones on the breakdown abilities, but it was impossible to hone them without refreshing and it was just not worth it considering my stamina/the knights.

In the end, the mithril was well spent on some good relics that will be very useful from now on.

Anustart

Beat Ultima on first try. Between ysh burst heal and beatrix magic blink, i rarely took damage.

One thing thats starting to suck, i have almost no elemental breaks.

Have zidane burst for wind, krile fire, hope holy, and a lame ice from edea. Need more options, tried a yolo pull on banner 5 for better holy options but came up with notta.

I manage to beat Ultima, but it took several attempts. First I tried Vaan with his BSB. I just died too fast at the end. Then Cecil with Paladin Force, same result. Brought a Y'shtola friend and wow. That bubble took a beating before it popped.

My team was Minfilia, Onion Knight, Ramza, Tyro and Y'shtola. Minifilia didn't have realm synergy but was still hitting for 9999x2 with Saint Cross and her enholy BSB.
Dismissal with Magic Breakdown + Full Breakdown made it manageable. Keeper's Tome for its magic blink. I popped my Y'shtola RW when Ultima began to spam. I wished I have her BSB natively so bad now.

Off to multiplayer for some free mythrils. Gonna have to ponder on the torment dungeons while I'm at it.

So hone Tiamat or Ultima Weapon???

WarAdept

So hone Tiamat or Ultima Weapon???

Whichever you pull an EnElement for. Tiamat functions better in pure mage teams, but fares worse than the other 5* summons on mixed due to not stacking heaps of MAG for a weaker 2 hits.

Titan also has the same multiplier as Ultima Weapon and Bahamut is stronger than both at the cost of not being able to exploit EnElement/weaknesses.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Beat Ultima Weapon! Thanks for the advice everyone - going from never clearing an Ultimate dungeon to this feels awesome.

I did spend one Mythril and got ability charges from it, which made the fight a cakewalk - I'm sure I could have cleared it without but didn't want to keep tinkering.

Orbfest plus good pulls (my first OSB!) plus my first three MC3s have gotten me back into this game in a big way after months away.

I have 105 Mythril and have basically ALWAYS floated between 100 and 300 Mythril... I only pull on festival banners, about 4 times a year, and just mange to get what I get. That's how I've managed to get good BSBs and lots of good synergy in almost every realm despite falling off the game for 3-6 months at a time multiple times.

I think I'm gonna go ahead and drop down to 55 to get one last shot at another OSB or Onionburst. But then no more pulls for months - I'm good.

Next to clear out the couple dozen regular story dungeons I have left!

Edit: I got crap from my pull. FFRK giveth, FFRK taketh away.

Wazzy

Banned
Finally can focus on the events. I did a decent amount of orbfest and got most of the roulette items.

You unfortunately just missed orbfest which would have helped quite a bit with getting up to date but my recommendation would be to start saving mythril and slowly start working on the current events and released dungeons. If you have enough mythril definitely do a pull before the OSBfest ends as there is really good gear available on the banner.

Just take things slowly and start looking at future banners that will help with your progress while also planning some skills to hone. Don't feel pressured to do the ultimate fights yet.

Hope that helps! FFBE is fun too and I'm still learning that game so it's nice when RK and BE communities help eachother.

mstevens

Finally can focus on the events. I did a decent amount of orbfest and got most of the roulette items.

You unfortunately just missed orbfest which would have helped quite a bit with getting up to date but my recommendation would be to start saving mythril and slowly start working on the current events and released dungeons. If you have enough mythril definitely do a pull before the OSBfest ends as there is really good gear available on the banner.

Just take things slowly and start looking at future banners that will help with your progress while also planning some skills to hone. Don't feel pressured to do the ultimate fights yet.

Hope that helps! FFBE is fun too and I'm still learning that game so it's nice when RK and BE communities help eachother.

I pulled 11 and got Gabranth's Hauberk and Physician's Staff

edit: had enough saved up to do another. Got Gabranth's Hauberk again and Bomb Core

Onion Knight can't use over 3 star? What's the point of all those stats if he can't use any good abilities.

Edit: oh you have to dive him, which requires some rare ass orbs I don't have.

Kenai

Onion Knight can't use over 3 star? What's the point of all those stats if he can't use any good abilities.

Edit: oh you have to dive him, which requires some rare ass orbs I don't have.

Yep, every single one of his 3* abilities can be record dove to 5*, and at 99* he's got fantastic stats to boot.

He needs a LOT of motes though, and is only really busted after all those motes are used and he has at least one of his relics (cause his baseline SB is pretty garbage).

Kain

Ultima down and 200 Torment too. I don't know if I'll try 250, seems a huge bother lol

Ultima was fairly easy, I brought

Yshtola (burst)
Beatrix (SSB)
Sazh (Choco-chick, best SSB ever)
Vaan (BSSB)
P Cecil (BSSB)

Two magic blinks and the bubble did the trick, the only healing came from the entry Curaga in the burst itself, didn't use the commands or the Curaja I brought.

Vaan's BSSB is so damn good, the boss' magics went from 3Ks a pop to 1K after I used the first command.

And as I said Choco-chick is amazing. Boostga+MB? YES PLEASE

Torment CM finished with Mastery. I'll try the 250 version tomorrow.

Sheepsong + Maria BSB RW is a great combo for this boss battle.

Balphon

What SBs did you have? Damn.

I actually have a fairly balanced spread for FFV:

Bartz - Choco Romp (Enwind AoE Damage SB)
Gilgamesh - Faithful Companion (+Regen AoE Damage SSB)
Lenna - Fires of War & Pride of Tycoon (+ Res Heal SSB)
Faris - Sea Lord's Broadside (AoE ATK/MAG Down SB)

Nothing for the rest. Picked Dorgann for the final slot because it meant I could bring Gaia Cross and extra AoE for Gilgamesh. Bartz did a substantial portion of the boss damage if not the outright majority thanks to the enwind SB and extra levels.

My FFX stuff is far worse so I'm expecting the next one to be more of a headache.

Cleared ExDeath on Ultimate++

It was a mistake to bring Zell's BSB lol. I couldn't find a Bartz OSB RW anywhere for that fight. I brought my own Bartz with Tornado Strike and Light of the Four to cover four elements.
Gonna see how bad is the Torment dungeons are.

Are you fucking kidding me there was absolutely zero health on ultima weapons bar but he still managed to get off one last doom ultima and wipe my party

Rixa

Decided to dl RK, my account is from the time RK was launched. I have someone in my RW list that has been idle 430 days. Cleared classic event dungeon, now doing Elite part (that I get Y'shtola MC).

Should I replace Tellah to Papalymo and Wakka to something (Luneth?). If needed I could use few Hero Crystals (Ramza). If I understood correctly Cloud & Gilgy & Y'shtola are okish units, thus I need one better support & something instead Tellah.

I made 2 x11 pull in this event, first was from XIV banner and gave me Omnirod, then made 100 gem pull and got dupe Omnirod. Today I made another 11 pull from Phase 5.

WarAdept

Should I replace Tellah to Papalymo and Wakka to something (Luneth?). If needed I could use few Hero Crystals (Ramza). If I understood correctly Cloud & Gilgy & Y'shtola are okish units, thus I need one better support & something instead Tellah.

Tellah is a sage capable of bringing both White and Black Magic to the party. Super useful but as for Sages go, he suffers a bit from lower stat gains per level compared to the rest of them. Still a good character.

Papalymo is a glass cannon. One dimensional, but if you need to nuke something, he does it well. Has some exceptional SBs in the current Banner 1 and the upcoming Banner 2 of the XIV event.

Wakka is a poor support character with weak stats and poor equipment selections. That being said, he does have some great relics if you get them. Otherwise you can do better in terms of support. That Gungir you just pulled for Gordon can make him the anchor of your team and will allow you to run a mixed party if you desire. Plus Gordon is a great support unit.

Cloud is pretty bad. As far as main characters go, he's one of the worst (I'm not sure if he or Squall is the worst, I keep flip flopping between the two whenever this comes up).

Gilgamesh is fantastic, with some great SBs to boot.

Y'shtola is on the upper end tier of white mages, with some OP as hell SBs.

Rixa

Tellah is a sage capable of bringing both White and Black Magic to the party. Super useful but as for Sages go, he suffers a bit from lower stat gains per level compared to the rest of them. Still a good character.

Papalymo is a glass cannon. One dimensional, but if you need to nuke something, he does it well. Has some exceptional SBs in the current Banner 1 and the upcoming Banner 2 of the XIV event.

Wakka is a poor support character with weak stats and poor equipment selections. That being said, he does have some great relics if you get them. Otherwise you can do better in terms of support. That Gungir you just pulled for Gordon can make him the anchor of your team and will allow you to run a mixed party if you desire. Plus Gordon is a great support unit.

Cloud is pretty bad. As far as main characters go, he's one of the worst (I'm not sure if he or Squall is the worst, I keep flip flopping between the two whenever this comes up).

Gilgamesh is fantastic, with some great SBs to boot.

Y'shtola is on the upper end tier of white mages, with some OP as hell SBs.

Thank you. So would these swaps be ok as for now:

Cloud to Luneth (or something from Hero crystal pool, who?)
Wakka to Gordon

WarAdept

Wakka to Gordon

Yup, you should be sweet to use that as a general team, swapping characters in an out as the fight demands.

Generally the harder content requires a basic set up of 3 DPS, 1 support, 1 healer, but you can probably rock 4 DPS for a lot of the story mode content (until you start to get up to difficulty 90+ ish).

ultra7k

This game doesn't want me to use Gilgamesh, no matter how hard I try to get any one of his SBs.

Ended up clearing both the 200 and 250 Torment dungeons today.

Considering FFV is my worst realm for synergy, I opted to pull on the active FFV event banner 1. Was really hoping for some of Greg's items, but ended up with Lenna's SSB, Bartz tunic thing, and Exdeath's armour.

Fairly decent haul, but the big thing for me was the medica BSB, and gave me better synergy stats for my mage attempt on the 250 torment.

For the 250 dungeon, I brought along Garnet with her SSB and BSB. Probably casted the SSB twice during the fight (once at the beginning, and near then end when my party was dying). I have to say she was the MVP - just when you think regen is wearing off, it ticks and gives you a few hundred HP.

Lenna rocked the BSB as well as that dance skill that greatly lowers magic - which was key. Between that particular dancing skill, Garnet's SSB, Tyro's Wall and BSB - the piglets were doing pretty low damage throughout the fight.

Of course, it didn't help the fights to actually get to the piglets in the 250 dungeon used up all my skills...I basically won the fight on BSB skills. Bartz just kind of danced around using that Choco-skill and True blade of legend whenever he got the chance. Lenna kept everyone healed with her command medica, and had the piglets debuffed and dealt 8k in holy damage whenever everyone was adequately healed. This would have also been easier if I'd remembered to bring multi-break on Tyro instead of full break.

Onion Knight and enough spells to hit the target weaknesses (Meltdown and Chain Blizzaga) and spammed BSB command 2, while Tyro buffed with wall and proshellga and healed (only had 2 or 3 Curajas left when I got to the boss stage) Garnet kept spamming her BSB command to hit for roughly 4k -5k per turn - which is a lot lower than i thought she would hit for, but I don't think I tuned her gear and RM right.

Basically it was a battle of attrition - with me already being depleted by the time I got to the piglets - but I managed to eke it out and emerge victorious. Just gotta be careful, stay buffed and healed and you should be good to go, assuming you can get your BSBs off again right after they expire with no piddling around to charge SB meters.

Do not want to do this fight again, but it might be different if it were in another realm where I actually had good synergy to start.

Wakka to Gordon

I think the biggest thing to keep in mind is that individual characters don't matter nearly as much as relics once you have a character or two in each general class type. I don't know of any battles that can be won with Beatrix's default SB but not Basch's default SB. (Yes obviously a party full of white mages won't work.) But get a SSB or BSSB for Beatrix and not Basch and she should definitely make your team over him, or vice versa.

Realm synergy does matter for characters a bit, effectively making characters from the dungeon's realm like what +10 levels, it matters even more for weapons and armor. In the current FFV event level 50 Faris with all FFXII equipment probably won't be as strong as level 50 Fran with all FFV equipment. Of course, level 50 Faris with all FFV equipment will be even stronger again, but the point is that equipment matters more.

Other than that, the only thing to consider with characters is possible skillset combinations. For example, Beatrix has 4 star white and 5 star knight, where Celes has 5 star knight but only 3 star white (by default). So B can use protectga and shellga but C can't. But even for this, it's not really a productive use of your time to plan out a team based on what characters can use what abilities because 1. You don't know whose relics you will get and 2. By the time you progress in the game to use a good amount of 4 and 5 star skills, you will have the ability to unlock pretty much whoever you want and egg them up to a competitive level at will. (If you are free to play at least.)

Top Bottom