• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Xetherion

Yeah, i forgot to take the 50% vulnerability into account, my bad. Agree with everything you said.

But onto Bartz banner pulls!

100 gems: Dorgan ssb, wind+ sword is nice.
2/11: another Dorgan sword, but also Dorgan's burst! I did not know this thing gave a party ATK/DEF buff in addition to aoe imperil earth, pretty sweet! My first imperil earth. The commands give him some nice self-buffs too. It's also +earth armor, but it's heavy armor so not many people can use it.
3/11: a THIRD Dorgan sword, another Dorgan earth+ armor, and Bartz earth burst.

Whelp, got an 8* wind+ sword, got two new earth bursts and two earth+armors for the guys with the bursts, so not a bad haul. Would've liked to get Bartz ultra and LMR but oh well, need to save for Edge, Shadow, and fest.

Tidd

Some nice pulls here, congrats!

Did 3 pulls for myself.

1/11 : Galuf SSB - terrible start
2/11: disco ball, tbh I didn't know what I wanted it to be. In the end it was Faris USB and the other Galuf SSB
4/11: Bartz BSB2, Bartz LMR and 2x Dorgann's Blade (Usually I would be unhappy with one dupe on a banner but a wind+ sword is great!)

So yeah no Bartz USB and I really want it but it would be a bad idea to do any more pulls here. Only missing his USB, Faris LMR and Dorgann's BSB. Luckily I avoided Faris SSB the only dupe I had before.
Hmm but maybe the next pull would be a 8/11 because I can see a pattern behind my pulls. :p
Will probably save for Zidane's USB now. Will be great in combination with Faris USB and the wind sword! Time to dive Faris.

Shit, to pull again or to just be satisfied with some good pulls...

S T O P!
Seriously, you have everything on this banner that's worth chasing and the triple cast is only 10%. Bartz already have a double cast LM when you dive him.

ZangBa

I got Bartz USB and like all the junk items in 3 11 pulls. I'm really tempted to pull again for the wind sword and any Bartz BSB and LMR, but then I don't think I can afford an 11 pull on Edge's banner. I feel like I'm gonna screwed if I pull again but I really wanted that damn Earth BSB.

Falk

that puzzling face
ljGR8M1.png

it's been so long since I pulled that i forgot to check the top half of the screen

just saw 10 icons lined up in 3 rows and thought that was it

Tidd

I am guessing Bartz's USB is insane since it seems like everyone on the internet is going hard on this banner?

It covers 4 elements and the chase is either 2 or 8 hits. (and Bartz is probably the reason why 5* spellblades abilities are worse than shooter abilities) Then we have Faris USB which is also amazing. 9-hits, Imperil wind and a rare ATK/MAG/MND break. Great bursts for earth and water as well as a rare wind+ sword. (The last one? on a realm banner) Oh and people like Bartz and Faris.

Guess the hype will be the same for next week when we will get Edge and Rosa's USB as well for the week after that with Setzer's and Shadow's USB.

Tidd

I need to sort my equipment. So much outdated stuff I will never equip even with realm synergy. But the UI is so terrible...

So you guys wouldn't happen to know where I could farm 4* vitality motes, if that's even possible?

Best place to farm 4* motes is the D160 MP fight. Either solo or as a host. Though the current one only drops bravery motes.

Rubenov

So you guys wouldn't happen to know where I could farm 4* vitality motes, if that's even possible?

You gotta farm for these when they become available during multiplayer raids (D160). Right now I think it's bravery :/

Edit: I should read the entire page first before posting

Did 3 11 pulls on the banner.

Bartz's BSB 2
Bartz's LMR
Galuf SSB Fist x2
Galuf SSB Robe
Dorgann's SSB
Dorgan's BSB

Not a bad haul. I wanted all of Bartz's relics on the banner but half will do. I have too many things on this banner to even think about pulling. I'll just wait until a fest banner to try for his USB again.

S T O P!
Seriously, you have everything on this banner that's worth chasing and the triple cast is only 10%. Bartz already have a double cast LM when you dive him.

willpower failed. 2/11 but got another barz usb, so that is now my 3rd best weapon after augmenting and a dagger to boot, meaning weirdos like snow now have a useful weapon. also got faris' lmr out of that pull, didn't realize it was a wind+ light armor, which will go smashingly with my new sword of dorgann's.

So I pulled 10/34 and am very pleased. Dorgan's armor bsb (imperil earth AND earth + wow) and Bartz lmr and bsb2s would have been awesome, but hey now I can weave Bartz and Faris into parties. can't wait to get these sb's mastered on Sunday and try out these magicite dungeons again. I'll save my magicite until after they're integrated and see where that takes me.

Negator

6 Pulls-

1/11 - Faris SSB
2/11 - Dorgann BSB, Faris SSB
2/11 - Bartz BSB3, Galuf SSB
1/11 - Faris USB
3/11 - Bartz BSB3, Dorgann BSB, Galuf SSB
2/11 - Bartz USB, Galuf SSB

Worth

Czarcasm

So I just had a terrible pull.

100gem was nothing.

Then 2/11.

Galuf SSB and Dorgann SSB.

Funny, my 100-gem was Dorgann's SSB and my 1/11 was Galuf's SSB

On an unrelated note, I've been using FFRKompanion for magicite and sometimes there are extras like gil and something called First Sword. I'm wondering if anyone has any info about it.

Paches

First pull was 2x Faris Bracer which I already had so I rage pulled and got Chicken Knife. I will consider it even.

I wasn't planning on pulling during this event but now I'm feeling tempted.

I want to pull on the FFIV and VI events though, and the next fest is soon too. :/

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well, I have 300 mythril and not sure what to do. This thread almost made me blow it all here. :p

I don't even know what I need to do now though... I guess just wait every few months for fest draws and pray for good RNG there.

3 11-pulls:

1/ Butz BSB2, Faris SSB, Dorgann SSB, Dorgann BSB. No dupes!
2/ ... Dorgan SSB dupe.
3/ Butz USB!

Time to nope.jpg. I paid for a pull, which I hadn't done in a while, because Butz is supposed to own magicite dungeons. Welp, now I've got to Dive him.

I like big Butz and I cannot lie.

Got... 40 mythril left for the fests or whatever. I hope I eventually get his LMR, but I'm okay with this. It's the magicite dungeons I needed help with.

(I'm legit excited again.)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
lol so I did a pull because I wanted to join in.

Not sure if any of this stuff is good. Faris USB (wouldn't you just be using her BSB?), SSBx2, LM and Bartz BSB2.

Tidd

lol so I did a pull because I wanted to join in.

Not sure if any of this stuff is good. Faris USB (wouldn't you just be using her BSB?), SSBx2, LM and Bartz BSB2.

Faris USB has Imperil Wind so she fits easily into a wind team. The USB itself probably does more damage. She can use 5* thief abilities, so you can use Dash & Slash to exploit the imperil. Furthermore her USB stacks with literally everything in the game. It's the only ATK, MAG and MND debuff in the game. (even in Japan) So you can bring Full Break on her or another character. Or you could just wrath and use her BSB and USB. Her LD helps her with that. It increases the duration of stats debuffs. Oh and it's not entirely useless in magicite dungeons. And since you also pulled her LMR it's easy to reach the buff cap with it.

If we pulled bartz USB, should we consider taking the 5* blades to r4? I can take two now, but it would wipe me out of a crap ton of orbs.

Oh and can't wait to get the stam to acquire the earth aoe blade, a nice addition to the group. I shdon't use go ahead and make and hone flare strike as well, just to get that out of the way.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Faris USB has Imperil Wind so she fits easily into a wind team. The USB itself probably does more damage. She can use 5* thief abilities, so you can use Dash & Slash to exploit the imperil. Furthermore her USB stacks with literally everything in the game. It's the only ATK, MAG and MND debuff in the game. (even in Japan) So you can bring Full Break on her or another character. Or you could just wrath and use her BSB and USB. Her LD helps her with that. It increases the duration of stats debuffs. Oh and it's not entirely useless in magicite dungeons. And since you also pulled her LMR it's easy to reach the buff cap with it.
Huh, it feels like a lot of USBs basically require hones of abilities. It's almost like a return to the pre-BSB era.

Balphon

If we pulled bartz USB, should we consider taking the 5* blades to r4? I can take two now, but it would wipe me out of a crap ton of orbs.

Oh and can't wait to get the stam to acquire the earth aoe blade, a nice addition to the group. I shdon't use go ahead and make and hone flare strike as well, just to get that out of the way.

There's an earth twinstrike too but it's a ways off for us. JP got it a few events ago.

Huh, it feels like a lot of USBs basically require hones of abilities. It's almost like a return to the pre-BSB era.

Pretty sure that was entirely their intention. BSBs had almost made most skills obsolete, this brought the need for hones back into the picture. Probably a pretty healthy thing for them to do for the game in the long-run.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Indeed it is. . Especially when DeNA will buff a lot of abilities in a few months. E.g. Chain-spells and 5* spellblades will have 4-hits. Putting them more or less on the same level as some bursts commands.
(https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...hanges_110717/)

Pretty sure that was entirely their intention. BSBs had almost made most skills obsolete, this brought the need for hones back into the picture. Probably a pretty healthy thing for them to do for the game in the long-run.

I'm not sure how I feel... you deal with the gacha RNG determining your gear, or you deal with the limited grind time that you have to get new orbs. It's weird, GBF has the same mat grind problem, but somehow GBF seems to have infinite stamina while with FFRK you're basically capped at 190+ and are basically encouraged to pay for more. Maybe they need to introduce a stamina potion gimmick at some point.

Kain

2 pulls, all my mythril and now I have nothing for the fest T_T

First pull

2/11 Faris Bracers, and it was a dupe. FML

Second pull

3/11 Galuf SSB (what the hell is this thing?), Bartz BSB (yay water, my first en-water though it looks somewhat lame), Faris USB (GREAT)

Wanted Bartz USB, but oh well, I'll find some other strategy for the Hydra that doesn't involve earth stuff. Today or this weekend Living Flame!

I'm not sure how I feel... you deal with the gacha RNG determining your gear, or you deal with the limited grind time that you have to get new orbs. It's weird, GBF has the same mat grind problem, but somehow GBF seems to have infinite stamina while with FFRK you're basically capped at 190+ and are basically encouraged to pay for more. Maybe they need to introduce a stamina potion gimmick at some point.

:)

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/6vfarv/new_stamina_potion/

They restore 100 stamina, and right now JP is able to purchase 4 (2 at 100 greens and 2 at 5000 greens). Getting that amount of greens is trivial, wouldn't worry about it.

It is weekly and you can only have max of 5 stamina potion.

I need V gear but alas not enough to pull and it wouldnt really get me there if I did...plus fests.

Looks like we need 75 for Luckies. Hopefully we get 30 free mythril plus a 30-draw.

I did a pull and...
1/11 - Dorgann SSB. +wind sword and maybe the boostga could be useful in Cid mission after a Gaia's cross to cancel out the self -def part.

It is a shame wind spellblade abilities kind of suck (no 4*, 5* is AoE so doesn't get buffed, later on there is a 6* but low hones for life most likely).

Not really got the budget to do another pull unless I skip FFIV or VI. Though the IV banner has some dud relics on it and I've not looked too closely at VI.

On the topic of FFV if you hate dialogue in your trash difficulty event stages do not bring Bartz, Lenna, Faris or Krille to 05: Last Floor. I don't think it is as bad as that XIII boss that literally blabbered on for about 3 minutes though.

So a while back I heard Magicite boons didn't count towards determining bonus hits at stat threshold. That is not the case. Congrats on someone testing guardbringer too. Still it is unlikely you would be a couple of points away from such a threshold.

3 11-pulls on the banner. ~40 myth left.

Bartz's BSB EnWater Helm x2
Galuf SSB Fist
Galuf SSB Robe x2
Dorgann's SSB Wind+ Sword

YAY I finally got something for Bartz. BOO no USB or LM. :/

I guess Bartz will replace Yuffie on my Water team (EnWater Yuffie, Imperil Rikku, BSB Onion, BSB Fran, USB Relm - RW Wall).

---

Sidenote: I just realized that I've yet to dive anyone. Is it worth LDing Bartz with this as his only SB; for the 35% chance to dualcast his CMD 2 4x Waterblade attack w/ +24% damage?

Other Dive candidates:
Ashe - EnLightning BSB
Fran - BSB
Luneth - EnWind BSB + R2 Sky High
Tyro - Wall
Vanille - BSB
Yuna - Summon Mode BSB

Kain

---

Sidenote: I just realized that I've yet to dive anyone. Is it worth LDing Bartz with this as his only SB; for the 35% chance to dualcast his CMD 2 4x Waterblade attack w/ +24% damage?

Other Dive candidates:
Ashe - EnLightning BSB
Fran - BSB
Luneth - EnWind BSB + R2 Sky High
Tyro - Wall
Vanille - BSB
Yuna - Summon Mode BSB

Dive Vanille ASAP, thank me later.

Falk

that puzzling face

It's probably cyclic more than anything.

BSBs were kinda needed to give newer players still working on hones a leg-up on clearing content once you get past the 'lol just RW a 99999 hit' stage. On the flipside that devalued the heck out of abilities and farming for them.

As it is now new players would probably still find more value in BSBs than USBs until their hones are up to par.

edit: The current significant exception to ability hones + USB being > BSBs would probably be BSBs with AOE heal commands. Sure, a lot of other commands give things like quickcast, stat boosts, category boosts, etc, but having a healer BSB with an AOE heal or not changes the dynamic significantly as there isn't any AOE heal ability. Dualcast White dives only go so far.

friz898

Hrm, 100 greens is trivial... but 5000 greens seems like a bit though (since you only get 800 per 120 stamina). lol
Still that's a good way to let you focus on a day of orbs if nothing else.

Nah man, on Wednesdays you can easily get 3k greens in one round of 120 stam daily dungeon.

friz898

So guys I have a question and I always forget to ask it. I also don't think I want to know the answer.

If I have done every single event for two years next month...why am I missing Lenna's non white mage robe wardrobe record?

Why is equipping Sub Magicite such a painful process.

Yeah it's bizarre. Especially since they already have gear and RM equipping processes that work fine and this is like... the same thing.

If I have done every single event for two years next month...why am I missing Lenna's non white mage robe wardrobe record?

I remember at one point there were wardrobe records that were for sale in a special greens store, instead of being event rewards. It might have been that.

Iscariot

It's probably cyclic more than anything.

BSBs were kinda needed to give newer players still working on hones a leg-up on clearing content once you get past the 'lol just RW a 99999 hit' stage. On the flipside that devalued the heck out of abilities and farming for them.

As it is now new players would probably still find more value in BSBs than USBs until their hones are up to par.

True. But in fairness the 5* skills are mostly stronger than BSB commands with a few exceptions. It's just that the gulf is like a half star step and 5*'s tended to be low hits high potency. Minor improvement and damage caps made the impetus to farm orbs fall way off.

friz898

Yeah it's bizarre. Especially since they already have gear and RM equipping processes that work fine and this is like... the same thing.

I remember at one point there were wardrobe records that were for sale in a special greens store, instead of being event rewards. It might have been that.

Ah man that's probably what it was. You have no idea how much that is going to continue bug me.

ultra7k

dang so salty lol.

4 11 pulls on the V banner.

1 - Faris USB, Faris LM, Dorgann Sword
2 - 2x titan glove :(
3 - Galuf Inner Calm
4- 2x Bartz BSB (the newer one).

Really was gunning for the chicken knife, but I guess Faris USB and Bartz BSB is a nice consolation prize. I really needed some relics for Bartz which I ended up getting - Faris is like 1 relic away from being complete, which I might add was completely unintentional.

Love the new Wardrobe record for her though.

Kain

Beat living flame! Whew that was pathetic on my part (1:25 or some shit like that) but that's done.

Now to think how to beat Hydra without any earth SB sans Bartz's OSB...

Probably:

Bartz
Alph
Ramza
Krile
Vanille

And pray it kills itself lol

Top Bottom