• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions is 70% off (Mobile)

Razmos

Android link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix.android_googleplay.FFT_en2
IOS link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/final-fantasy-tactics-war/id446760220?mt=8

Announcement: (In Final fantasy Brave Exvius)
u63Xu9e.png

Offer lasts until the 30th November.

I've never actually played it myself, so I've taken this opportunity to buy it and see what all the fuss is about.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
This launched in a rough state but it's since become what I consider the best version of the game.

It runs at full resolution with no slowdown during spell effects and touch controls work well.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I actually enjoy this game on mobile. They really did rework the game for touch pretty well. You can even pan around the battlefield with touch... it's decent.

BocoDragon

I have it on phone and feel like it's too small to play on there unlike the other ports which are fine.
Wouldn't really agree with that, but I have an iPhone 6+. It certainly depends on your phone size.

Thanks for the heads-up! I still have it on PSP, unplayed (went for Tactics Ogre: LUCT), is this the definitive version of War of the Lions then?

And is it playable on a smaller phone (4" iPhone 5s) or should I have an iPad for the interface?

Kuni

Great price this. Bought it instantly. Had the game on PSP back on the day and stop playing
at that infamous boss difficulty spike!
. Looking forward to playing it again.

Razmos

Does anyone know the full file size on android? All my devices are pretty tight on space.
Around 450mb to download, 669mb of internal storage overall on my phone.

Last time I checked the Android reviews were full of "Doesn't work on Nougat" did they fix that?
I just tried it on my up to date phone and it works perfectly, much better than I was expecting.

Good news! There are other sales?
There might be more coming up actually, the Android app store page mentions it's part of the cyber week deals. None that are available at the moment though as far as I'm aware

To anyone weary on iOS, I played this on my iPhone 6 2 months ago (first time playing tactics) and absolutely loved it.

Touch controls work really well after u get through the first chapter or so and ofc the game is rightfully in any discussions for top 3 FF of all time

Nheco

Best Final Fantasy ever. I already have it on Android (and on PS Vita, PSP an even in PS1). I'll buy it forever to all platforms that I have and it is available.

DrDamn

I just tried it on my up to date phone and it works perfectly, much better than I was expecting.

Thanks - from notes on store looks like they have updated it for Android 7 compatibility. Bought with Google Rewards cash :)

Syril

Has the android version ever had any notable compatibility isuues? Reading about how The World Ends With You was broken for years makes me wary of buying Square Enix's mobile ports.

Been on the fence about getting the iOS version for awhile now. This is going to be perfect for some of my long ass flights in the next couple of weeks. Thanks for the heads up!

Firebrand

Wouldn't really agree with that, but I have an iPhone 6+. It certainly depends on your phone size.

Hmm, got iphone 4s which is obviously a bit smaller. Are the tablet versions just upscaled from phone resolutions?

Absolutely hate stylus-less touch controls but been wanting to play the War of the Lions version for a long time so I'll give it a shot.

This or PSP version? I'd rather play this with physical buttons on my Vita, I imagine.

Any notable improvements the Android version brings?

ggx2ac

Bought, now to wait for Adventures of Mana and Dragon Quest V to go on sale.

I have a backlog so I can wait.

Syril

Do I have to have played the original FFT to understand / enjoy this?
This is an enhanced port of the original FFT. You'll probably understand it better because this translation wasn't half farmed out to a Japanese-English dictionary.

BocoDragon

Do I have to have played the original FFT to understand / enjoy this?
This is the original FFT. The enhanced port got a new subtitle a decade ago on PSP, and that's what this is based on.

BasilZero

Do you need to be connected to wifi to play this?

(I know in the FF Portal to play FF1 and FF2 I did).

I would love to play this version of the game since I played the original PS1 version multiple times.

jokkir

I'd buy this but SE's mobile offering is so inconsistent. Like why doesn't this have cloud saving while some of their other games do? Why doesn't this support Play Games while others?

This makes no sense. I'm down to buy it but I'd have to think if they'd even support this game in the future.

Razmos

Do you need to be connected to wifi to play this?

(I know in the FF Portal to play FF1 and FF2 I did).

I would love to play this version of the game since I played the original PS1 version multiple times.
Nope! I just tested it for you. Works with everything turned off

BocoDragon

I'd buy this but SE's mobile offering is so inconsistent. Like why doesn't this have cloud saving while some of their other games do? Why doesn't this support Play Games while others?

This makes no sense. I'm down to buy it but I'd have to think if they'd even support this game in the future.
This app is already incredibly old, and they've supported it with updates several times. They even made a higher resolution asset update at some point.

So I don't know about going forward, but this app already has a track record of being carried through many revisions of Android/iOS.

I agree SE is incredibly inconsistent on mobile, though.

BasilZero

Nope! I just tested it for you. Works with everything turned off

Thanks!

Are there any issues with running the game on iOS 10.1.1 (which is the latest version)?

I remember having issues with the graphics with FF Record Keeper when I went from iOS 8 to iOS 9 for a while lol.

I bought it, but I know as soon as I get halfway through they will port it to Steam.

I know this will happen too but I dont mind, I plan to get the rest of the series on iOS as well even though I have the console and PC versions :p

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Did this fix the horrible slowdown of the PSP version?
Yes.

It was updated to support cloud saves, though only on the manual save, not the quick save.

Fbh

Do Square games need internet?

Would pick it up for when I have to take a longer trip. But it's not going to be worth it if I can't play on a plane or bus

Top Bottom