• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions is 70% off (Mobile)

Omadahl

Banned
Sooo I had $7 in play cash thanks to surveys. Simply amazing. I was actually saving my survey cash just to buy this at full price!

b3b0p

I want to buy this, but can't for 2 reasons:

1. I can't stand playing mobile games, especially with touch screens.

2. I can't help but think as soon as Apple updates with the next major version of iOS next year this will stop working.

hitgirl

First android game I ever played. Are my navigation buttons suppose to be on screen all the time as I'm playing. On nexus 5x

Mike M

Nick N
Is this the PSP game or the GBA one?

I heard there are two FFAs, are they different by any means?

The FFTA games have mechanics that are really different from the original FFT. They're okay games in their own right, but the original FFT is just amazing.

Pejo

I'm on a long ass flight tomorrow for the holidays, this is the PERFECT game to take with me on the plane.

Insta bought.

Thank you for the heads up. I totally forgot I had $5 in Google Play credit in my account and this is perfect.

Sure I already have the PSP version and digital PSX version, but since I haven't played my PSP in forever and my PS3 no longer works, this will do.

pgharavi

Banned
I can't decide if I should get the PSP version for my VITA/PS TV ($10) or this version for my iPhone 7+ .

I generally loathe touch controls but I guess I could see it working on a strategy JRPG.

EDIT: the Metacritic for the PSP is 88/8.0 while iOS is 72/7.5 hmmmm

kasavin

I bought this finally -- one of my all-time favorite games and I was due for another play-through. I guess you can judge the quality of a Final Fantasy Tactics port by in what ways Gaffgarion's Shadow Blade is screwed up in the very first fight. The PSP version of WotL had the bad slowdown and now on my iPad this and other animations play too quickly... it throws me off more than it should. I end up going back to the PS1 original on my PSP.

Fits the iPhone 6/s/7 plus screen perfectly from the main menu and screen right after it

Just a warning to other iPhone plus users, this does NOT fit perfectly with the bigger screen. I bought it and was disappointed to see the black borders around the two sides of the screen. The user a few posts above me posted a screen on how it looks. It's not a big deal but still

Mike M

Nick N
Anyone having issues with their save files? I save like a mofo, but I went back in this evening and I've lost significant progress (back to the save I loaded last time I played).

God damn it.

MattyG

Banned
So is this the best version, or should I drop $20 on the PSP version? It's definitely time for me to play this, I just want to play it the best way.

Edit: Oh shit, it's only $10 on PSN. I think I'm gonna take a chance and try them both (since I bought the Android version a couple days ago), because I feel like I'll end up playing it more on PSP/Vita.

Razmos

So is this the best version, or should I drop $20 on the PSP version? It's definitely time for me to play this, I just want to play it the best way.

Edit: Oh shit, it's only $10 on PSN. I think I'm gonna take a chance and try them both (since I bought the Android version a couple days ago), because I feel like I'll end up playing it more on PSP/Vita.
The Android version loads faster I think, but the PSP version has the added benefit of not using touch controls

Does this have the new content that the PSP version added?
Yep

Finalow

if for whatever deranged reason you never played FFT before, go on and do it now.
amazing game; definitely worth that price.

MilkBeard

Started playing today, just past the first intro battle.

Wow, does this game still hold up. The dialogue, the story just feeling downright epic, and the music. Can't wait to go further.

I do feel a bit disappointed with the new FMV sequences though. I don't feel they capture the right atmosphere. They aren't bad, but I would have preferred the original stuff.

Anyway, it's amazing how the writing in this game outshines almost everything Square Enix has put out since. Truly a treasure.

EDIT: Runs perfectly on my Galaxy S6, although I feel the touch controls in battle take some getting used to. The usual clumsy input issue with selecting things here, which would be helped by a bigger screen.

From what I quickly gathered on the interwebs, there are no cloud save features on Android (so you can't pick up and continue play on another Android devices) but that feature is available for iOS devices.

Would love to be proven wrong though :(

alf717

How are the reverb effects in this port? Sound effects were dull in each version of FFT compared to the original.

Mr. Tibbs

Thanks for the heads up, OP. Looking forward to playing this. I loved Tactics Ogre but never got around to playing FFT despite hearing amazing things. Now I have no excuses.

Top Bottom