• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions is 70% off (Mobile)

It's a great port. And one of the best Final Fantasy games ever made. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think the game would be better if it was in portrait so I could one hand it

Hallowed

I like me some Final Fantasy and I've never played this one. Was £2.99 so I'd be mad not to buy it. Thanks for the heads up, OP.

BasilZero

Anyone here can say there's any issues with running the game on 10.1.1?

Also is it full screen on a iphone 6 plus? (or how big is the screen lol)

Good looking out Razmos. I was never a huge fan of what little I played but I didn't get far so I'm willing to give it another chance sometime. I heard the Mobile version was very good post-update.

Is there a version that doesn't have them?

In western releases only the original Playstation version has them.

This or PSP version? I'd rather play this with physical buttons on my Vita, I imagine.

Any notable improvements the Android version brings?

I hate touch controls, but they work pretty well for this game. I'd still rather have a controller, but it's really not a big deal for this type of game.

War of the Lions has the god-like FFXII style localization and dub that goes above and beyond in making it great, never mind the other additions. Any amount of slowdown is worth it for what War of the Lions brings, and this version doesn't even have that one fault.

Definitively get this.

BasilZero

Anyone here can say there's any issues with running the game on 10.1.1?

Also is it full screen on a iphone 6 plus? (or how big is the screen lol)

Anyone know the answers to these :x?

Tried searching google and youtube, couldnt find anything T.T

OnFire331

It looks like the Android version is the same as the updated iOS version. It looks pretty good to be honest.

iOS version before update:

Z2nvw1W.png

iOS version after update:

Android version:

Famitsu comparison:

hitgirl

How can you backup game saves on Android? Just want to be careful if I buy this and start playing it as I checkout lots of different ROMS and I'm constantly clearing my phones storage.

kmfdmpig

How can you backup game saves on Android? Just want to be careful if I buy this and start playing it as I checkout lots of different ROMS and I'm constantly clearing my phones storage.

I was wondering the same. People in the play store reviews complain that you can't without using specific apps that require root.

Chozo_Lord

I rarely play mobile games, but I'm going to pick this up because I'm traveling a lot soon. Does this game eat up battery life? I might have to bring a battery backup.

aravuus

I don't believe so, no. It's operated entirely through touch controls

What, really? Shame, the touch controls really aren't as good as they could be. They're tolerable, but make playing the game needlessly slow at times.

Well I still bought it so just gonna deal with it I guess.

Any boosts or cheats or stuff like that?

Beating the game once unlocks a ton of absolutely game-breaking equipment that trivializes everything the game can possibly throw at you (and you can access it in replays starting in chapter 3).
App Store shows that their last update was in 2013

Sigh.

It still runs fine, though. I can't think of any newer features they'd need to support (I suppose a 64-bit version of the game would be nice but it runs perfectly well as-is). Does it need updates?

(I suppose support for the multiplayer bits from the PSP version would be nice, of course, as would battle quotes, but I'm not holding my breath for either of those things)

FFT:WotL iOS and TWEWY iOS are both absolutely great mobile ports that hold up extremely well today (in part because of the general dearth of premium gaming on the platform).

Zips

Divided on whether to get this or continue to wait for a price drop/sale on FF9. I already played through the original on playstation way back when, and am not itching for a play through the same way I am with FF9.

I have enough survey money saved up to get FF9 if it goes for a 50% off sale, but not if I get this too...hmmm

cwistofu

Does this version add back the quotes when casting spells and summons? Probably one of the biggest sins of the PSP version.

Stasis Sword!

Rich!

fronn

Wish they'd release this on PS4 like they did with FF7 :/

Playing games like this on mobile is the last thing I want to do (to be fair, I did buy this immediately on my phone when it came out, I've just never played it much on there).

Sweet deal, regardless.

Top Bottom