• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII Won't Be at TGS + Other S-E TGS Line-up News

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
BlazingDarkness said:
There's always a new FF coming out, just not the bloody one anyone is asking for, or the one they showed about 5 years ago. They are inept.
They showed it 5 years ago because it was a part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis series, they didn't say anything about when it was going to come out. I guess it was a mistake revealing it so early.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kagari said:
You guys are ignoring the fact that a date for the next reveal does exist, Nomura just can't tell us yet.
That just sounds like a PR move to me. "Oh, it's definitely still in development. See, I know a date." "Do you really?" "Man, I don't even know anymore."

Hero

Is there really a reason to care anymore until Nomura decides to show us?

I wonder if this is going to be a Duke Nukem Forever scenario.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
zoner said:
That just sounds like a PR move to me. "Oh, it's definitely still in development. See, I know a date." "Do you really?" "Man, I don't even know anymore."

My guess is Jump Festa in December.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Goon Boon said:
Square-Enix's duke nukem forever is probably accurate.
and Chinese Democracy, Smile, Episode One.....

most of those things sucked when they finally came out.

Kagari said:
You guys are ignoring the fact that a date for the next reveal does exist, Nomura just can't tell us yet.

I didn't ignore that. I just stated that I will have graduated four schools by the time this releases.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Kinda funny that I've been delayed in my University for 2 years and Versus XIII isn't even out yet.

Platy

It feels weird to think that THEATRhythm is the most interesting game of the bunch =x

Also, they totaly should make a new Chrono game to comemorate the Series anniversary
It would be with Chrono going back in time and the machine malfunction and he goes to the FF universe .. and then he travels in time and we see an alternate version of every memorable FF scene ... like aeris death and the opera and the ballrom dance and ....
[/wetdreams]

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Lesiroth said:
It's ok Square, I know you're saving up the game and waiting to release it as a graduating present for me! You still got 4 years to go ^_^
lol. I graduated from high school in 2006. I graduated from university this year (I was supposed to graduate in 2010 when FFXIII was released, but decided to stay for an extra year) and I'm going to start my second degree in Sept. I'll have a laugh if this doesn't come out by the time I graduate university again (2013 or 2014).

What do you guys think SE is cooking up for the 25th anniversary for FF other than Theatrhythm?

Im still hoping for HD ports of the PS2 FF's playable on both PS3 and Vita. FF6 remake for 3DS and maybe a new Ivalice title for Vita? Maybe?
Um. I'd want a localized FFXII: IZJS in HD at least. Edit: I'd go for a FFV remake.

What did SE do for the 20th Anniversary, just the FFI and FFII games for PSP, The War of the Lions for PSP, FFIV DS, FFXII: IZJS, and announcing Dissidia?

I'd say expect something along the lines of that.

Kagari said:

This very much.

I feel that the Versus reveal will be momentous and will not saturate hype or divert attention away from FFXIII-2, which I think looks amazing as well. I think this is a logical choice on SE's part and Nomura can't tell the date yet. No foul play involved.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Seda said:
I've graduated high school and college since this was announced. Maybe I'll finish graduate studies too before I actually play it.
Same here. I cannot believe that it isn't out yet, much less that there seems to be no hope for it being out relatively soon.

Shamdeo

I'm not surprised at all, what with Square-Enix needing to keep people focused on Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Final Fantasy Type-0. I will just continue to "forget about Versus for a while".

StuBurns

Banned
we.are.the.armada said:
This very much.

I feel that the Versus reveal will be momentous and will not saturate hype or divert attention away from FFXIII-2, which I think looks amazing as well. I think this is a logical choice on SE's part and Nomura can't tell the date yet. No foul play involved.
I thought she was joking.

zoner said:

Nomura mentioned in Famitsu that Square was limiting the amount of details/media that he was allowed to release.

Angry Fork

I remember finishing a game (I think it was Infamous) where the final credits at the end said it had been in development for X number of years and in that time the following babies were born, the following number of soda cans were drunk etc. and so on. I don't know if it was infamous though.

Anyway Versus 13 development team must have started full dynasties already. I can't imagine working on something for 5-6 years of your LIFE. On ONE THING. Fucking Leonardo Da Vinci spent that long on paintings and the paintings turned out to live on for centuries after. Like fuck come on already. Next-gen they better not even dare tease any games unless they expect to have them release the year after, none of this 5 year waiting shit anymore.

Teknoman

If they do release an HD version of X, it would be nice if they somehow replaced all the models with the cutscene models...

StuBurns

Banned
Kagari said:
I'm being completely serious.
Now I can never be sure, you might say that either way.

I still have a lot of faith this will come out and be great. If it's basically the last thing SE ever do I care about, I wouldn't be surprised.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
VertPin said:
Mapping issues?

Supposedly, the overworld map did not correspond to the environment, or the instant travel interface wasn't designed yet.

Some fluff like that, but I just wanted to see the game-play at that point.

Now I expect the map and overworld to be in order, as well as some game-play.

Yet, I've been denied, as have many other fans, query.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
StuBurns said:
Now I can never be sure, you might say that either way.

I still have a lot of faith this will come out and be great. If it's basically the last thing SE ever do I care about, I wouldn't be surprised.

Square is making Nomura stay quiet until Type-0 and XIII-2 are out, essentially. If the game remains silent after that... then, well... S-E has some major problems if that happens.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Is Versus not showing up at X even news? The sun is most likely going to rise tomorrow, should we start a thread about that?

at this rate FF VS 13 will have to sell at least 8 million units worldwide. if it doesnt release in japan sometime next summer. they are going to loose more in Jrpg profits than ever. Next year in japan at least will see DQ 10, KH 3D-> hope leads to 3 annoucement! and FF VS 13. this game is long over through a western reveal

Thoraxes

Nirolak said:
Are you intending to graduate before January-March 2013? That's probably the earliest it will release in the West.

Might be later though, so if you're graduating that semester, you still have good odds.
I will have graduated high-school, a 4-year college for a bachelors, and a 2-year program for my masters by the time this game comes out. I've already done two out of the three listed things.

Holy crap. Either way, this is fine. it'll come out when it's ready and I rather they take their time. They haven't shown enough about the game to really know anything about what the entire game will be about, so my hype-mode is down low right now.

However, once they start releasing things i'll probably go insane.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Man God said:
Is Versus not showing up at X even news? The sun is most likely going to rise tomorrow, should we start a thread about that?

There should be some more interview stuff in the magazine, will update as it comes in...

Kagari said:
S-E has some major problems if that happens.

They already have major problems.

"Japanese game developer makes another poor decision or shows signs of significant disorganization/incompetence..."

What is going on?

StuBurns

Banned
Kagari said:
Square is making Nomura stay quiet until Type-0 and XIII-2 are out, essentially. If the game remains silent after that... then, well... S-E has some major problems if that happens.
Makes sense.

What about 14? Is it still getting a major relaunch? Presumably if it's still coming to PS3 that too will need some marketing room from Versus.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Kagari said:
There should be some more interview stuff in the magazine, will update as it comes in...

Neato.

I'm not even angry anymore because Type Zero looks decent and I'll probably have some more mindless fun with FF XIII-2 next year, maybe some more portable ports/remakes will be announced with two newish systems on the market. Could be a decent year.

Thoraxes

StuBurns said:
Makes sense.

What about 14? Is it still getting a major relaunch? Presumably if it's still coming to PS3 that too will need some marketing room from Versus.
Different team, IIRC.
And yes, it's still on track to get the relaunch. I am still playing it and I read Yoshida's letters.

Teknoman

StuBurns said:
Makes sense.

Yes. They recently released a large patch rehauling the battle system / adding content / improving the lighting system + another today fixing somewhat minor / UI issues. new dev team says once the new system has been implementing (which it has) they'll be able to release large content updates on a more frequent basis.

Aeana

Rpgmonkey said:
Ooh, so there's more?

Hope they follow up the 20th anniversary having a remake of Final Fantasy IV and do a remake of Final Fantasy V.
There have been rumblings of 4 Warriors of Light 2. I wouldn't be surprised if that's one of them.

DR2K

Banned
we.are.the.armada said:
It has really high production values, a very fun looking combat system, dynamic combat modes for the party members, beautiful music, a seemingly interesting and dark story, etc.

Why is it such a joke, VertPin?

It doesn't exist and it'll never happen. If it does, it'll be as disappointing as shit.

Thoraxes

Aeana said:
There have been rumblings of 4 Warriors of Light 2. I wouldn't be surprised if that's one of them.
That would be lovely, and even better if they use the Theatrhythm art style.

Teknoman

Aeana said:

Please be true. Same soundtrack style too...Yoshida returning to do the art would be nice.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Aeana said:
I'd buy a copy, a Yoshida Hn4S artbook for both games and a Mizuta soundtrack if this proves to be true.

4 Warriors of Light was so fun and charming.

Boney

Banned
Dark Schala said:
I'd buy a copy, a Yoshida Hn4S artbook for both games and a Mizuta soundtrack if this proves to be true.

It was so fun and charming.
Yep. One of the best RPG's I've played this decade. Probably the best FF of the last ten years.

Didn't it bomb everywhere though?

watershed

Banned
I wonder what else SE has got lined up to celebrate FF's anniversary? More new games like THEATRHYTHM of whatever its called or maybe some hd re-releases or remakes? FFVII to sooth the fans?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
artwalknoon said:
I wonder what else SE has got lined up to celebrate FF's anniversary? More new games like THEATRHYTHM of whatever its called or maybe some hd re-releases or remakes? FFVII to sooth the fans?

FFVII 15th anniversary is next year... hoping for a Before Crisis remake, personally.

Top Bottom