• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth (Beware of spoilers/leaks)

Brethren - I am seeing some reddit chatter about potential leaks/spoilers as people may have gotten their copies earlier than expected (could be fake, not gonna chance it tho), now is probably a good time to start muting keywords on Twitter and other platforms, stay safe out there.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Peanut Butter Running GIF by Jif

Gexxy1

Lots of spoilers floating around, mostly text so probably fake. There were however a few screenshots of bathing suits and a date.

Still waiting on the story getting leaked so I can find out if this is worth buying or not.

Last edited:

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Lots of spoilers floating around, mostly text so probably fake. There were however a few screenshots of bathing suits and a date.

Still waiting on the story getting leaked so I can find out if this is worth buying or not.
Eh, pretty sure they'll probably spare Aerith and either kill Cloud or Tifa or whatever.

That's the most obvious SHOCKING twist the lazy minds at Squeenix can come up with

Then on the third part the player will probably control Zack for most of the time and then at the end Cloud to fight some dumb shounen villain.
Oh, and Sephiroth sacrifices himself to save the world too.

Sleepwalker

Why would you read the story first and then play it after?

Gexxy1

Eh, pretty sure they'll probably spare Aerith and either kill Cloud or Tifa or whatever.

That's the most obvious SHOCKING twist the lazy minds at Squeenix can come up with

Then on the third part the player will probably control Zack for most of the time and then at the end Cloud to fight some dumb shounen villain.
Oh, and Sephiroth sacrifices himself to save the world too.

I think one Aerith dies and the other lives. That gives Square an excuse to do both, to try to appease those who still want her to die and those who don't.

Why would you read the story first and then play it after?

I'd like to know if it's good before I spend money on it.

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
I think one Aerith dies and the other lives. That gives Square an excuse to do both, to try to appease those who still want her to die and those who don't.
Makes sense.
It makes the entire thing even more pointless, as expected of Squeenix.

Gexxy1

I saw the spoiler and yup, Nomura really Nomura’d this one up big time. It’s like 11/10 on the Nomura-meter.

There aren't big story spoilers out there that have been confirmed yet. Just a screenshot of Tifa/Aerith bathing suits and the Tifa date. Both a little grainy, but probably real.

zokie

Topic related : i am on FFVII Rebirth media blackout since the final trailer was shown on State of play , will report any youtube channels to SE ninjas that spoiled my eyes

Non topic related rant : i usually do not read the nomura hate comments on twitter as my blood pressure will rise and i die of a heart attack
sometimes the haters do not know that the one writing the scenario/script is Mr Nojima , then their simple brains will attack/blame Nomura for everything that is confusing to them :messenger_beaming:
Why continue to play games with Mr Nomura's name when you hate it , as similar to Mr Hideo Kojima's Metal Gear Solid Series during his konami days

Gexxy1

Heads up, but the ending has been officially leaked. Square has already shut down spoiler topics on Reddit and Resetera that had pics of it.

Top Bottom