• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake is a multi-part series

well.gif

Sophia

I mean, as long as the game doesn't feel disconnected from episode to episode and I can carry my characters over.... there's no issue right? Four episodes at $15/20 an episode isn't really that bad.

Why is everyone freaking out? What does it matter if it's split into parts? It just means we will get to play some earlier.

You can still wait for the full thing if you want.

farisr

Knew it. It was turning out too well. As soon as the game started looking like what I wanted Versus XIII to be, I was like "something's gonna happen, this is too good to be true"

Jeez. That's one way to kill my interest.

Episodic games arent inherently bad, of course, but it's not a structure I'm fond of whatsoever. Especially in an RPG, where scale, progression, and scope of a big adventure are all so important.

GAMERG0D

How are they going to have sidequests added to this, like if you can access Gold Saucer in part 3 or something then there's a part 4? Like having save data carry over without glitches.

Nev

Banned
I thought this was assumed after watching the gameplay trailer and knowing they're also developing FFXV and KH3. People who thought this was going to be a 100% FFVII remake and that it'd be released as such in the near future were being very delusional. FFVII is not Midgar.

LuuKyK

I loved disc swapping, so this helps retain nostalgia.

lol That one way of seeing it.

Before you guys go crazy, it's so they can release parts of it quicker.

Its pretty obvious this is the reason, considering they must be trying to avoid another Versus/XV situation. Obviously people will quickly jump into the "fuck Square and its greedy decisions!" boat.

Top Bottom