• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake is a multi-part series

BasilZero

I'll wait for the complete edition in that case.

Also I'm not sure if I'm gonna like the "Unique" experience in each part thing >.>

I loved disc swapping, so this helps retain nostalgia.

How did disc swapping work in typical game with disc swapping?

I mean, I grew up with PC. Most games I got only wanted to disk-swap during installation.

Could you, say, borrow a game from friend episodically?

jett

D-Member
I'm not surprised at all by this news, in fact I figured it might happen. Too much fucking content in FF7 to remake all of it into a single, modern AAA game. This just makes financial sense. It would be prohibitively expensive otherwise and would take forever to make.

169ecxj.gif

Nibel

I guess that explains how they plan to cover the whole story. They'll use episode breaks to cut out parts of the world that would be too large and too time consuming/expensive to create.

There might be parts missing?

ok this nightmare territory now

FirmBizBws

Becomes baffled, curling up into a ball when confronted with three controller options.
I mean, as long as the game doesn't feel disconnected from episode to episode and I can carry my characters over.... there's no issue right? Four episodes at $15/20 an episode isn't really that bad.

I agree. Just need some microtransactions and DLC to go along with that 4x20 tag and we will have a full game on our hands.

I knew something felt off while watching that PSX trailer...

I'm joking now, but with Nomura can we expect each episode on a different system?

This is the most annoying trend right now. Just finish the game and let me play it in one go without having to worry about when the rest of the game is coming out.

Not gonna lie, watching the outrage over this is gonna be a riot. And I thought the Battle System change was gonna be the big thing to get people up in arms.

I thought this might happen. It was all too good to be true. I'll probably buy the episodes as they release and in the inevitable physical education. Ugh.

Damn ;_;

Feichaw

Terrible. Terrible. Terrible.

Why, Square-Enix?! Why?! I knew there was a catch. Everything seemed to be too good to be true.

hitmon

What the... Is it going to be like how they did the FFXIII trilogy or more like Telltale Games? This does not sound good, but I'll wait for more details.

Slime

Banned
I'm wondering if it's not necessarily episodic, but split between separate releases a la Deathly Hallows, The Hobbit, Mockingjay, etc.

Final Fantasy VII: Parts 1-3 or some shit.

Before you guys go crazy, it's so they can release parts of it quicker.

It's still shit. I don't want to have to play "Episode 1: Midgar" then be force to wait for god knows how many months to continue.

It's a pure god awful way to go about it. This seriously murdered my hype 10 times over.

Top Bottom