• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X, Monster Hunter Portable 3 Vita listed for US Release

So, where does this Monster Hunter stand among all the others? Sorry, I'm not a follower, this may be my first.

Has about half the monsters of the "gold standard" Monster Hunter game (Freedom Unite). Difficulty level was massively toned down, presumably, to appeal to casual players. ~80-120 hour game (which counts as low for the series).

Anyways, might this just be a translation of that PSN version of MHP3 that had the Vita dual joystick support?

Synless

I feel you on that but let's say how many times have we bought FF X already lol.

I bought it 3 times so far.

I still have my original copy. I only really rebuy games if it is a good updated port. Such as Ico/SotC collection, or the GoW ones.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
They really should implement transfarring to other games, such as Final Fantasy X.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I've already played it on my TV though so I definitely want that visual fidelity on a portable. Weill be pretty awesome having a great game like that on the go.

Alrus

Anyways, might this just be a translation of that PSN version of MHP3 that had the Vita dual joystick support?

The dual stick support was just mapping the d-pad to the stick, a few PSP game on Vita do that (MGS:peace walker for example). It wasn't a new version.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Me too, but I will likely get the PS3 version.

Ideally, while I prefer physical copies, busying Final Fantasy X off PSN will give us access to the PS3 and Vita version, at least that I what I think would be ideal and would be a great way to get people to buy from PSN instead of retail

Aeana

MH3rd Vita was on the pre-TGS rumor list, and it and Bayonetta 2 are the only ones that weren't confirmed around that time, so it probably really was real.

Alrus

So. . . any chance the PS3 versions (FFX & MH) will make it too, or are they one and the same?

Well, FF X was pretty much already guaranteed to come. There's no reason to doubt the PS3 version will make if the Vita one does.

As far MH, they might bring it too if it's the same game, but you shouldn't look forward to the PS3 version anyway, it's a really lazy port.

I remember Final Fantasy X, my parents loved the story, they would gather around the tv when I played.

Yuna is their favorite character lol.

I can't hook the vita up to the TV, and it would be selfish of me to keep the screen to myself, besides I already have this masterpiece, why would I buy it again?

Square should focus on remaking FFV, FFVI, and Chrono Trigger.

Those are the games that are in dire need of a remake.

Those two first.

matmanx1

I hope that MonHun and Lord of Apocalypse are really coming and that this brochure is as real as it looks. Both of those would make me a pretty happy gamer.

RPGamer92

Banned
I'll take what I can get and I don't know Japanese anyways so a Vita port of MHP3 would essentially be a new game for me. And FFX wouldn't hurt either... or P4G

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Those two first.

Sure, why not? I haven't played those installments yet, and actually getting word from Square to do something the fans want would be a miracle.

No more invisible fanbase!

I wish all Vita games were for PS3 also (Persona 4 remake, for example)

Seconded.

SMT

When can we hope for more details regarding FFX Remake?(if it is an actual remake)

When they were announcing it, the S.E. rep at TGS kept saying remake, and we've got people here telling me it's just an enhanced resolution HD port.

I'm going with the rep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD5IhjqTiNM

S.E. USA has its doubts, told us not to trust rumors. lol

I feel relief that Monster Hunter is coming to the Vita. The next issue will be if I will be able to play online with people on my friends list or if we will have to use Adhoc Party on the PS3.

well i'm bouyed by news of monster hunter but at this late stage i will have played the ass out of MHP3rd already. If it has extra content and can read a japanese save now that would be nice otherwise i'll stick to the jp release. Actually, most likely end up back on FU getting twin stick action with the OS-level mapping :D

Toki767

Preordering that FFX on Vita now. Knowing Square they'll try to sell the game for $50 or $60 so I might as well lock in that $40 price.

pramath

Banned
This right here (Monster Hunter) is my system seller, the one game I needed to be fully convinced of my decision to purchase a Vita at launch.

Looking forward :)

MightyKAC

I'll wait for the official word from Capcom before I start reaching for my credit card.

In the mean time DAT FFX is gonna be mighty tasty.

SMT

I thought sorijealut meant transfarring, he wouldn't want to kill off the system.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Note that no matter what the Japanese version is the next in the western number series would be -3- regardless.

Personally, a HD 3rd P would be pretty disappointing.

The Nikkei report must be talking about a different game, because why would a Japanese paper report on the US release of an old game? I doubt its coming to PSV in retail form over there as a major release

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
^ Why believe this will only release in the US just because we found out about it from US retail sources?

Nothing about the "report" said it's anything bigger than this, retail or not. It could be this, something else, or false just as well.

I'd pay an extra $10 for a FFX playable on both PS3 and Vita, with the ability to move my save between systems. Just like how we can play PS1 games on PS3 and PSP.

I only played FFX for about 4 hours back in 2001. I watched my brother play through his file. I'd like to play it to the end myself though.

fates

Surprising Capcom would chose to localize MHP3rd on Vita opposed to TriG on 3DS. But Capcom is pretty strange with that series in general...

Raonak

Banned
The dual stick support was just mapping the d-pad to the stick, a few PSP game on Vita do that (MGS:peace walker for example). It wasn't a new version.

Actually, It's an OS feature. Just like how you could remap PS1 games on PSP
when you play PSP games on vita, you can remap the second analog to either the Dpad, the face buttons, or the left analog.

So games don't have to be pached or anything for it :D

should make monster hunter actually playable.

Top Bottom