• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X, Monster Hunter Portable 3 Vita listed for US Release

Levyne

Banned
Has this been confirmed to be international version of FFX or not?

International = Day 1
Not = I'll get it during the fist big sale or something.

Raonak

Banned

International = Day 1

If it's releasing worldwide then I don't see why it wouldn't be.

Yep, all those people that have been getting the games haven't really been playing them, Vita will finally allow us all to do so!
3ds+second stick attachment works too.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
If it's releasing worldwide then I don't see why it wouldn't be.

3ds+second stick attachment works too.
That was sarcasm.

Ie, PSP works too, hence all the people playing it on it.

As does 3DS without the attachment.

Since you needed it spelled out.

Surprising Capcom would chose to localize MHP3rd on Vita opposed to TriG on 3DS. But Capcom is pretty strange with that series in general...

Tri G has been confirmed for Europe by people in the know, so if this list is accurate it's seems like we'll be getting both.

PerZona

Oh man, excited for FFX! Will definitely get BOTH the PS3 and the PSV versions.

And glad that MH3P is coming as well....really had fun playing that game on my PSP!

Takao

Banned
Tri G has been confirmed for Europe by people in the know, so if this list is accurate it's seems like we'll be getting both.

I wonder if Sony will help with marketing...

Surprisingly, they seemed to be marketing a good chunk of the third party launch software in Japan.

Raonak

Banned
That was sarcasm.

Ie, PSP works too, hence all the people playing it on it.

As does 3DS without the attachment.

Since you needed it spelled out.

lol, guess i should've added a :p since you didn't catch my sarcasm.

i actually like monster hunter. im not gonna lie though, the controlls were one of the reasons I didn't stick to it.

Takuan

So the rumored MH game is likely a port of a game we've already seen before, fucking great. I'd really like to see some original content from a relevant franchise on the Vita.

International = Day 1

Oh god if it's not international, jesus the incompatence of doing that is just beyond what I can comprehend.

Grimmy

Banned
LOL at Monster Hunter Portable 3. So it's the port of a PS3 port which itself is a port of the PSP game? Capcom really knows how to troll Sony.

So the rumored MH game is likely a port of a game we've already seen before, fucking great. I'd really like to see some original content from a relevant franchise on the Vita.

Don't you see the pattern? The Vita is getting Monster Hunter/Capcom's PS3 treatment. Hardware gets switched to Nintendo, get token upres'ed version. LOL.

Takao

Banned
LOL at Monster Hunter Portable 3. So it's the port of a PS3 port which itself is a port of the PSP game? Capcom really knows how to troll Sony.

I don't know man, Sony offloaded Slant Six, and Ninja Theory onto Capcom after all...

Rpgmonkey

whats the difference?

Couple new bosses and some other neat little additions like a different version of the Sphere Grid.

It would be totally dumb for SE to base this on the original version though as they'd be selling people in Japan and Europe an inferior version of the game, so I think it should be a given that it's the International verison. :p

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Pre-TGS rumor was that Portable 3rd HD would end up on Vita at some point, so it wouldn't surprise me if that's what Nikkei Trendy was talking about. Disappointing if true, but at least Portable 3rd might be getting localized, and the series will have at least one last hurrah on Sony platforms.
It's like you couldn't help but rub that in :lol

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Yes, Capcom will be hosting a wake for Vita

god bless their manners

Hopefully Capcom will use necromancy on the Vita too!

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
There was an entire series of Vita games dubbed "Coverted Edition" during TGS. Is that the politically correct way of saying "Full priced untouched PSP port" or am I confusing it with something else?

MH3P, if it's coming to both JP and US Vitas, could be just that.

Sure, why not? I haven't played those installments yet, and actually getting word from Square to do something the fans want would be a miracle.

No more invisible fanbase!

I like your attitude.

IIRC Wada said they have been considering remakes of those two games.

Course FFV and VI (heck, even VII-IX) might end up on the 3DS instead, bigger install base and all. As long as we get great remakes on a commercially stable platform, be it 3DS or Vita (if not for the slow start), we all win. V would benefit from a second shot, I think, even if it has too much of an excuse plot.

I believe FFX got the nod first because of the easy portability between PS2 and PS3/Vita, a la all of those other PS2 up-port rereleases.

Truth101

Banned
Idk where people keep saying this like it's confirmed. Source?
-Capcom wants to expand it in the west
-Capcom has hinted at it
-Some GAFers have said it will be coming
-MH3 was localized
-Nintendo is probably footing the advertisement costs

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Funny thing Final Fantasy Type-0 is not there. It's probably really going to be an HD Classics for PS3 here in the West in the end. Unless Square is still planning a release on PSP, where it'll definitely bomb.

Kyon

Banned
-Capcom wants to expand it in the west
-Capcom has hinted at it
-Some GAFers have said it will be coming
-MH3 was localized
-Nintendo is probably footing the advertisement costs
I'm talking about a PR release stating it's confirmed/being localized, Not speculation/rumors.

Thoraxes

Funny thing Final Fantasy Type-0 is not there. It's probably really going to be an HD Classics for PS3 here in the West in the end. Unless Square is still planning a release on PSP, where it'll definitely bomb.

All they have to do is make a PSN digital version and every system is covered.

Cheska

Aww no ATLUS logo :( Was hoping to see Persona 4 Golden on there too.

Still really happy about MH3 and FFX though ^^

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Capcom really knows how to troll Sony.

Lol, to add to the crazy troll theories - what if Capcom are trolling Nintendo? 3ds is a nice easy port base to pad out a dead rubber xmas.

Mh"3" turns out to be Mh4th in Japan for Vita, 3 by virtue of releases in the US. Next MH game on Ninento then turns out to be MH3g U for Wii U to tide nintendo
mhers over to MH4 : a down port from Vita...

... That they then also announce for PSP ;)

(aka : this is Capcom - they are on your logic couch saying "f**k yo couch"

Top Bottom