• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to PS4 on May 12 (NA)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
If FFXII HD gets announced, I'll buy all of it's supporters here a copy. It's literally the only game I'd play for months.

I support it, thanks. :)

Do you ship overseas and will you be footing the costs too? :D

In my opinion, FF13 and FFX could not be anywhere much further apart in terms of quality. I even made a thread about it

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=989636&highlight=

I would definitely recommend FFX. 13 doesn't represent the turn based nature of the franchise, or even how you run from point A to point B to story sections.

Of course FFX is not perfect. It has some really annoying puzzle points(HOW THE FUCK WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO THE BEVELLE AND ZANARKAND CLOISTER OF TRIALS ON MY OWN!?)

But if watch a run through on youtube, you'll get passed them eventually.

There's a meaningless sporting event in there too which i never for the life of me ever figured out, so i just mashed buttons the one mandatory time they made you do it(i always loose)

Also, some of the voice performances are pretty cheesy and stilted(although thats somewhat down to having to time the japanese mouth flaps), and its obviously an old game so some things will be slightly janky. But besides that, it holds up well IMO
You had trouble with thosr puzzles? But all the puzzles were easy in FFX, I thought. At least I had no real trouble with them.

BBboy20

Hhmm, the older one does sound more experimental.

WHAT THE!? The sound mix in that is fucking horrible. =/

I own the PS3 LE. Wasn't aware this musical difference was a thing. Only got the LE because I couldn't believe the Japanese cover made it over here. Looking at this, seems like Europe gets the Japanese cover while NA gets the steel case cover. Hhmm.

So I'm assuming that this is the preorder link for the CE, right?

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/final-fantasy-x-x2-hd/119235
Seems like NA might get the Japanese cover again. Hhhmm...*looks at PS3 copy*...man, you guys and your soundtrack...

Geg

The remake of Challenge was the most offensively bad imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA0jRuRhuY0

Hey you know that one really good part of this song that just makes you so pumped up every time you hear it? Yeah, let's just remove that entirely and put random electric guitar riffs in its place

Wasn't going to buy this since I got the PS3 version but since it has cross save I'll bite I never got around to playing X-2 or the side quests of X I'm in.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
The two songs i liked better on the remastered track than the original were Hurry/Run and the Snow Mountain theme

Aerocia

Welp. Strongly considering selling my PS3 collection at this point, knowing that they'll all just get "remastered" down the line.

Clov

If FFXII HD gets announced, I'll buy all of it's supporters here a copy. It's literally the only game I'd play for months.

In for a Vita copy, then (Or PS3 if there isn't a Vita version for some reason)!

I really need to get a PS4 sometime. More and more games that I want are releasing on it, but I just can't justify spending so much money right now. Wish they weren't so expensive in Canada.

A_Gorilla

Banned
So uh, you WILL be able to transfer your saves from the PS3/Vita editions right? Cause I am NOT doing that Chocobo game, EVER AGAIN...

+1

Really wish that FF12 was the one Squeenix went to for HD remastering first rather than FFX. Can't help but feel porting a linear game while there is still fallout over XIII was a bad idea.

Falk

that puzzling face
You should at least try a little. It is fun to figure one out.

I love puzzles, I think Wild ARMs 3 has the best puzzle implementation in JRPGs (both the exploration and minigame) but I saw Bevelle fayth and pretty much said 'to hell wit dat' and went right to a walkthrough for that one. Standing on moving platforms like a shit-chucking-ape for 30 seconds at a time just waiting isn't exactly my idea of firing some synapses.

Oxn

While that would be awesome and free is always a good thing. I aint even mad I gotta pay for my own copy.

FF12 is soooooo good. One of my favorite FFs, and I played 3,4 , and beat 6-12(not 11).

If there is a $100 CE Im buying no questions asked.

I support most remasters in general, but I think FFXII should be remastered for sure. Along with FF Tactics, FFVI, FFVII, FFIX...The Tactics Ogre series, etc.

Although if you really did buy every supporter on here a copy, then virtually everyone on Gaf will claim to be a supporter of FFXII.

B.K.

All this talk about Final Fantasy XII is making me want to load up PCSX2 and see if my PC can handle Final Fantasy XII: International. I haven't played XII since it first came out. I don't remember anything about it, gameplay or story wise.

If you were one of the vocal haters, then you're already banned from the eventual OT.

I never played it, so I'm really hoping to get any eventual HD version. Do you think I can qualify for a copy, or do I have to have been an ardent defender since time immemorial? ;)

Falk

that puzzling face
lol I'll have to post this every 40 or so replies but I made a post ending my charity Tuesday night. Sorry!

Two things need to be added to OP in order of importance

- Hypothetical FFXII HD giveaway is over
- PS4 FFX/X-HD trophy list is shared with PS3/PSV

Rising_Hei

FFXIIHD will be 100 times better than FFX HD, imo.
JUST DONT TOUCH THEIR FACES OKAY.

I'd like their hands to be remade tho, most of the times they are made of 4 polygons (yes, lol)

Edit: FFX's puzzles were a joke, Zanarkand's only needed some trial & error.

I love seeing all this FFXII love! If they need a second game to warrant the HD remaster, then toss in an HD remaster if FFT: The War of the Lions for an Ivalice Alliance package and give it to us already!!

Top Bottom