• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to PS4 on May 12 (NA)

Laconic

Banned
An HD remake... of a recent HD remastering.

The PS4 is the better mouse trap, I guess.

Is there a fourth mouse to appreciate the fetid cheese?

Krujo

Banned
I really need to stop spending money on games I don't play but that would mean I'm responsible with my money, which I'm not.

I'm in for three. I hope I'm not part of the problem as to why Square won't remake the important games of the series like 8.

Meowster

People of the North was one of the best improvements. Having an actual violin made it six times better.. now, Besaid is one I can give to you. I like it but Hamauzu must have not been happy with the original because every time he's had to do it again he uses a different arrangement every time.

chrono01

This is why I chose not to purchase the Kingdom Hearts re-releases on the PS3. I know SE will release an even more "enhanced" port on the PS4, I just need to be patient.

BasilZero

Already got it on PS3. So I'll pass.

Now....if they make KH 1.5/2.5...maybe I'll trip dip.

Or nah.

Hope they make FFXII HD :O!

synce

lol #Listentomystory... really? It's good they give you the option to listen to the original OST now. Just give me the original faces and I may give you my money

Dammit, this is pretty much my least favourite Final Fantasy (along with XIII), but that new packaging and the ability to switch back to the old soundtrack plus cross-save... Dammit, what's wrong with me?

Stryph

Neo Member
Time to buy this for a fourth time, what's next a PC release? hahah oh that Square Enix, what will they think of next? but seriously, if they do......shit

XenodudeX

Ability to Switch Between Original and Remastered Soundtrack - Play FINAL FANTASY X with the beautifully remastered soundtrack or, new to the PlayStation®4 system version, switch back to the original classic tracks.

OH MY FUCKING GOD YES

salromano

PS3 vs. PS4

YLTNgEr.jpg

ObSK3oI.jpg

dENBnzd.jpg

3rsQYXC.jpg

Couple more here: http://www.jp.square-enix.com/ffx_x-2HD/#ps4overview-graphics

sensui-tomo

Who asked for this? Please SE don't say the fanbase.

People who may have had only 1 console last gen and had a xbox 360 and switched to ps4 this gen? and people who didnt game last gen, is it that hard to see people want to play a game, and it'd be little effort to port. Plus it helps their "We want people on ps4" strategy that Type-0 and the western releases of Dragon quest heroes is doing.

It's pretty good. There are a lot of new arrangements. Some people just like listening to what they've heard all these years and don't want it to be changed. Nothing wrong with that. I liked most of the changes.

My issue wasn't the change, it was that it seemed to lack bass. At least for me. I have a sound system with a sub and yadda yadda, but I remember the soundtrack lacking oomph.

I bought the CE of the PS3 release and never touched it...I feel like if I'm going to replay I might as well play this one...but even if I buy it I doubt I get around to it

so...of course I'm going to buy it like an idiot

mrmickfran

Ability to Switch Between Original and Remastered Soundtrack - Play FINAL FANTASY X with the beautifully remastered soundtrack or, new to the PlayStation®4 system version, switch back to the original classic tracks.

I can finally play this masterpiece again.

Absolutely refused to play the PS3 version because of the butchered soundtrack.

reKon

Banned
OG sound track, yessssss

My patience keeps paying off (FFX, TLoU, GTA V).

I'll lose out on Mass Effect though if they do a remastered of that because I've only beat Mass Effect 1, so I didn't really need to buy the trilogy yet

i like that they include the original soundtrack as it's superior to the remastered soundtrack

but still they needed to

Fix tidus' , yuna nad wakkas faces because the reamstered versions sucked
fix loading times and get rid of those dumb loading screens i nthe ps3 version

seems like a cheap cash in, but that CE is beautiful so i'll probably still get it :/

quesalupa

My initial play through was remastered and I thought the soundtrack was great so it'll be interesting to play with the original one.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Square-Enix knows how to make money, I will give them that haha. I still can't help but wonder if they had quit making all these remasters, remakes, and ports... if FF15 would be done by now :(

Order

Ain't this about a bitch

Laconic

Banned
You know there is truth to PS4 having no games, when it starts pulling out remasters of last gen remasters.

Wandering Flame is saved!

Indeed. one track I had a thing for was Beyond The Darkness. I do have a spot for the remaster version, but only because I am a fan of classical music, and enjoy how fragile the remaster version sounds at times.

The original is still better, though.
gjn81wvxqsq6yzcwubok.png

Top Bottom