• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to PS4 on May 12 (NA)

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
An HD remake... of a recent HD remastering.

The PS4 is the better mouse trap, I guess.

Is there a fourth mouse to appreciate the fetid cheese?

"Never before released on Xbox consoles, FFX/X-2 HD is now finally coming to the Xbox One and Xbox 360!"

6 Months later...

"Never before released on the PC, FFX/FFX-2 HD is now finally coming to PC platforms"

_woLf

Wait what the fuck? The game is clearly running at a higher resolution on PS4: http://www.jp.square-enix.com/ffx_x-2HD/#ps4overview-graphics

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

PS3:
ps4overview_ph03_3_1.jpg

PS4:
ps4overview_ph03_3_2.jpg

andy_lhc

I bought the CE of the PS3 release and never touched it...I feel like if I'm going to replay I might as well play this one...but even if I buy it I doubt I get around to it

so...of course I'm going to buy it like an idiot

My sentiments exactly. Only I purchased both PS3 and PSV. And now PS4!

Falk

that puzzling face
So people were mad that SE ruined the soundtrack, now they added the original back in and people are still mad.

Look on the bright side. At least it's not getting mad about rereleasing a PC version.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Were the trophies for the Vita and PS3 versions linked?

If so will the trophies here be linked as well?

Cross Save virtually guarantees the trophies are the same batch. (They were on PS3/PSV)

And next year we'll get FFX on a 4 PS1 discs!

Then the cycle will finally be complete. Maybe we'll get a PSP version too. Already own the PS3 version, and am happy with it.

They remaster this on PS4 and cant do Type-0 on Vita. Well, at least this is better than getting the iOS version of FF7 on PS4. Wait.

I guess I'll be buying this, but not right away. Not seeing a big limited edition incentive, and the calendar doesn't beat the big artbook that Digital River-era Squenix had last year.

The one track that I really liked from the HD Remaster's soundtrack was their new version of the Mt. Gagazet theme. It sounds like it came from Chrono Cross, which is probably the highest praise that I can give any RPG music.

It's SE. You know it's already in the works. The real question is whether they'll include the oft-hinted KH3DHD version with them.

They won't, separate purchase.

I was trying to pretend I didn't know that was already happening..

I've already bought both remixes, haven't played 2.5 though, which god damn means they'll get me to buy it again

SerTapTap

Why wouldn't it?

It was 1080p on PS3, native I believe (them sharp pixel edges sure looked native). Not sure what's going on with those screens. Better textures? Downsampling (seems too much of an improvement to be only that). 1080p to 1080p shouldn't look like that.

Edzi

Well, I'll probably end up buying this again since they fixed the soundtrack, but its still kinda scummy that that's pretty much all they're adding. If they added in Japanese audio though, I'd be in 100% with no complaints...

_woLf

X and X-2 HD were 1080p. Anti aliasing, probably.

That looks like more than anti-aliasing. The image quality is significantly crisper than the ps3 version :/

There is something else going on for it to be that much better looking.

Falk

that puzzling face
It was 1080p on PS3, native I believe (them sharp pixel edges sure looked native). Not sure what's going on with those screens. Better textures? Downsampling (seems too much of an improvement to be only that). 1080p to 1080p shouldn't look like that.

That looks like more than anti-aliasing. The image quality is significantly crisper than the ps3 version :/

There is something else going on for it to be that much better looking.

Um. What? Anti-aliasing (not even downsampling) makes a shit ton of difference already. Of course, there is a greater-than-zero-percent chance that it's downsampling. But again, you're looking at two sub-1080p screenshots in the first place.

edit: Actually, looking at the actual 1080p screenies, jpeg compression and all I'm also leaning towards downsampling.

Laconic

Banned
Huh? Did I miss something?

You asked why they are doing this to you.

And immediately followed it up with the assertion that you will now have to sell your PS3 version.

The inference being taken that you would be buying the game again, on the PS4.

That is why they are doing this to you.

Grimløck;154350892 said:
aw yeah. ff12 next pls

That game would look beautiful if it were remastered. Had some great effects in there and the summons were a sight to watch, first time in.

I second your enthusiasm.

Oh wow it's been a while since I played it but I didn't even realize it was 1080 on PS3. Don't remember it looking that sharp.

crinale

Us forum posters talk about double or triple dipping, but I'm sure this is mainly aimed at ppl who never owned system(s) to play former versions.

Kind of disappointed at the number of people eagerly jumping to buy this a 3rd or 4th time. I mean, I know where I am right now, but seriously guys. Would be nice to add that OST switch to the other versions as well.

Well, if you all buying it yet again gets me the XII remaster then it'll be worth it.

Squire

Banned
Quad-Dip? (PS2, PS3, PS Vita, PS4)

Shit, SE got my money AGAIN.

I don't even care. I actually bought the PS2 version twice, so I'm... Sex-dipping? Sounds weird.

Anyway, OST toggle? Gorgeous LE box art? Couldn't be more Day One on this shit if I tried.

Top Bottom