• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to PS4 on May 12 (NA)

No discount for current owners?

shinjilaughing.JPG

Seriously though when have discounts for owning older versions ever been a thing except for the beginning of this gen?

The PS3 version of this is dirt cheap these days, here's hoping the PS4 version follows that trend. I'll pay $20 for it at the very most.

Same here. I waited on the PS3 version, I can wait a little longer for the PS4 one. Especially since it'll be 32804302948.99 CAD.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
lol I'm just saying there is nothing in May I really want to play right now so it will be nice. Then if MGS5 is in June and FF14 expansion around then too then it will be a nice stop-gap. :)

Koh

I'm so excited to start waiting 8 more years for this to hit a reasonable price point for me.

Rereleases come out so expensive! It's such an old game.

Reveirg

Not really planning to play through it yet again, but depending on the MSRP price on that Limited Edition, I might bite for the nice calendar and for collection purposes...

Do you think she's hinting at something? I don't think she's hinting at anything.

that it will be nice to play before E3?

We are 3 months away from E3. I'm sorry guys, I'm just on edge right now. What I read that as in my head was, 'It'll nice to play this before E3 because it will get me pumped for the announcement of FFXII International Remaster for PS4/Vita at Sony's E3 press conference'.... :(

Tagyhag

The changes look nice, and the more systems a game can touch the better.

The soundtrack update is pretty shady though. PS3 not powerful enough to switch music confirmed!

Amir0x

Banned
goddamn @ switch between soundtracks option

*grumble grumble Vita/PS3 version grumble grumble*

:mad:

Skip us skippable cutscenes and endlessly definitive version confirmed :/

We are 3 months away from E3. I'm sorry guys, I'm just on edge right now. What I read that as in my head was, 'It'll nice to play this before E3 because it will get me pumped for the announcement of FFXII International Remaster for PS4/Vita at Sony's E3 press conference'.... :(

I want it soooo badly, too :(

shinjilaughing.JPG

Seriously though when have discounts for owning older versions ever been a thing except for the beginning of this gen?

This gen that we're currently in? That this remaster is re-releasing in? It would kind of make sense for them to do it then, wouldn't it?

They won't though SE is so far down the shitter their old games and Eidos keep the lights on.

After double dipping on the ps3 and Vita versions I'm kinda pissed about the soundtrack thing in case you couldn't tell.

I like owning the best possible version of things.

Whether that means buying LOTR/Star Wars DVDs/Blu rays 5 times or a 4th release of a video game, I will not be denied my definitive copy!

Oh I agree to a point, and in retrospect I should have waited and not purchased the PS3 version; just like I waited for the extended LOTOR Blu-ray, and will keep waiting for the non special edition Star Wars Blu-ray. Because this version looks gorgeous in comparison, and while I didn't hate the new soundtrack...I certainly welcome the option to choose.

I have no qualms with a quad-dip. I am a Final Fantasy whale.

I can't pretend like I wasn't haha, I double dipped on probably every FF game from 1-10; back when quality was the name of the game. PS1 to GBA ports, to digital versions on my PS3. After the XIII trilogy disaster though, my faith was shaken and I backed off the series a bit. Have Type-0 preordered though and I'm looking forward to the XV demo to restore some faith.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening

I've never played Xll.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Triple dipping. Square you better give me 12 hd...you better :/

Wait I own 2 copies of ps2 version for some reason too...so 5 copies...lool

jeez, i know a friend that bought the limited edition ps3 version and vita version so he could have it on the go

i think he will buy this too

glad i waited, pretty sure kingdom hearts is coming to ps4 and xbox one, 1 and 2 again in separate packages, do it square

Top Bottom