• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY X/X 2 HD Remaster for PS4?

Vashetti

Banned
Those waiting on KH will likely be waiting a long time.

No KH game has been released digitally (common theory is due to the rights of Utada's songs used in the games), and it's mandated that all PS4 games must also be released digitally.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I'm sure they'll release 18 mobile games within that time too.

I think it's a bad idea to put this out so soon. Not only are they stepping on the toes of other Final Fantasy releases, I'm not sure a tonne of people are going to want to pay $40 for this a year after the PS3/Vita release. It's not like those sold poorly.

Yeah if anything it should have been a thing back in March... you know, when people needed content for their PS4s.

mdubs

Banned
Welp, I may double dip. It doesn't work properly on my Super Slim (it and won't load the initial selection menu the first time I boot it up, but after crashing and restarting my ps3 it always works which is a pissoff) so I may just buy the PS4 version since I only played X and not X-2 yet.

I'm sure they'll release 18 mobile games within that time too.

I think it's a bad idea to put this out so soon. Not only are they stepping on the toes of other Final Fantasy releases, I'm not sure a tonne of people are going to want to pay $40 for this a year after the PS3/Vita release. It's not like those sold poorly.

It's not like people are not liking (just look at this thread).

How do you blame Square when so many people want and like that?

Takao

Banned
It's not like people are not liking (just look at this thread).

How do you blame Square when so many people want and like that?

NeoGAF isn't an accurate depiction of the video game industry. If it was, Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition would've been a thing people actually remember came out.

I ahve the collectors edition of the PS3 version and I still havent touched it. Id buy if they put it on PC, but Im not going to bother with PS4

ZeroX03

Banned
Seems legit. I'm in even though I expect no improvements other than AA in 1080p.

Might not buy HD 2.5 now. Seems way too likely it'll get a PS4 port and my backlog is huge.

Faustek

BTW does anyone know anything about the Vita Chaos games status?

Actually only heard good things about them.

Edit: for the west that is.

Right on Square finally a PS4 version

Then I assume PC version by default. Well we do need the other FF game once Lightning Returns comes out and since Type-0 HD won't be coming to Steam day and date with consoles, this will do.

Dynedom

The only way I'd consider this (aside from a performance increase from the PS3 version) is if your saves are transferable.

There is no god damn way I'm going through the 0.0.0 hell again.

I thought they were going to announce it at PSX but I guess not.
I think Sony isn't going to allow making such announcements at E3/Gamescom/PSX. This should be true for the remasters of PS3 games. Otherwise we had the rumors about Beyond: Two Souls, God of War: Ascension, and even Uncharted trilogy for PS4. But I doubt we will get them in such big event.

Takao

Banned
Yeah if anything it should have been a thing back in March... you know, when people needed content for their PS4s.

That's a result of them taking two years to release some enhanced ports.

If this, XIV and VII PC Port are PlayStation only, why are they even bothering with Type-0 HD and XV on XB1?

ZeroX03

Banned
I think Sony isn't going to allow making such announcements at E3/Gamescom/PSX. This should be true for the remasters of PS3 games. Otherwise we had the rumors about Beyond: Two Souls, God of War: Ascension, and even Uncharted trilogy for PS4. But I doubt we will get them in such big event.

But they were cool with an awful FF7 port announcement?

Murkrow

Banned
Shame on you people. First saying stuff like:

I won't buy anything from Square anymore until they do something very good. (After ffvii reveal)

And now this. Is this your definition of very good?

NeoGAF isn't an accurate depiction of the video game industry. If it was, Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition would've been a thing people actually remember came out.

No, but they depict a good portion of it. And you can see people asking for remasters of other games all over the internet, some demanding them even. This is hardly just NeoGAF.

and I'm pretty sure that most comments I've read here about DE of Sleeping Dogs is that it's not worth it.

SerTapTap

I better get a discount since I have the PS3 version if that's the case

I hate you square
Lol you won't. Consider it a collectable. I won't bite until it's cheap anyway I just replayed it, no need to pay it again so soon if this is real

I think I'm gonna back off from this one, unless we get some more goodies, like another art book or more art cards. I already got it for my PS3 and Vita. I'm also still waiting for Square to announce a Crisis Core remaster, even though I doubt we'll ever get it.

muteki

Dual audio and i'm there.

Kinda glad I didn't jump on the PS3/Vita versions, though I won't have time to play this either so...

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
And I just bought it for Vita on Black Friday.
Oh well, might buy
when it hits <$10

Probably won't be happening for a while if they remake DDD first.
Weren't the DS games just videos in I.5 and II.5?
Guess DDD will be one too and included with 3 :p

mao2

Heh PC users sure like to port beg. Anyway I love FFX so I'll probably end up grabbing the PS4 version too.

But they were cool with an awful FF7 port announcement?
88553-nathan-fillion-cant-answer-gif-eQcP.gif

Top Bottom