• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age |OT| You Had One Job!

aravuus

So uh, which one from Uhlan/Shikari/Bushi is Hunter lol? Made my party plans using the fan translation and now I don't know what to pick lmao.

Did any reviews mention it? It'd be really weird for no one else to pick up on it : /

Can imagine it being super annoying though.

Yeah this sort of thing really sticks out to me. I'm hoping it's not that bad.

Well for what it's worth, I'm very sensitive to this sort of stuff.

mollipen

Did any reviews mention it? It'd be really weird for no one else to pick up on it : /

Can imagine it being super annoying though.

I'm playing the game for review, I've got it running right now, I tried going through every UI situation I could think of, and if there's lag, I can't tell. I would never have even though about there being a question about UI lag until I read this thread.

So, I don't know—it's been absolutely zero concern for me in the many, many hours I've played.

I'm playing the game for review, I've got it running right now, I tried going through every UI situation I could think of, and if there's lag, I can't tell. I would never have even though about there being a question about UI lag until I read this thread.

So, I don't know—it's been absolutely zero concern for me in the many, many hours I've played.

Hah, thanks. Now you'll be cursed by placebo and convince yourself there's input lag :p

Nista

It hasn't seemed laggy to me at all. I'm playing on a regular PS4.

Only UI thing bugging me is that if you have the full overlay map toggled on, the smaller radar map is still up in the corner, anyway to turn that off?

Also the Cluckatrice was kicking my butt, so I went off to Bjherba instead. :)

Dundar

I'm feeling it (input lag) too. I'm especially sensitive to this, so that's a thing. Anyway, navigating menu feels more sluggish then it should. Coming from Persona 5, where everything is snappy as hell, well, the difference is felt immediately. Anyway, can't remember if it was the same for the PS2 version, maybe it was in the end.

aravuus

I'm feeling it (input lag) too. I'm especially sensitive to this, so that's a thing. Anyway, navigating menu feels more sluggish then it should. Coming from Persona 5, where everything is snappy as hell, well, the difference is felt immediately. Anyway, can't remember if it was the same for the PS2 version, maybe it was in the end.

Hah, glad I'm at least not the only one who could tell lol. It's very easy to notice if you, for example, open up the PS4 quick menu when in a battle menu and compare navigating the two. PS4's is snappy as fuck compared to FF XII.

It's a damn shame, but the original's menus weren't snappy at all either (just tried, felt a tiny bit snappier maybe, but it was probably just placebo), so it's not something they're ever gonna fix, unfortunately. Just gotta get used to it.

It's important to note that this barely matters at all and shouldn't determine your classes.

It's literally just fractions of a second in difference. IIRC, Balthier fires his gun something like three or four percent slower than the fastest character. This should not affect your gameplay unless you're doing some kind of crazy ultra speedrun that needs to be cut down by seconds or something.

Just... have fun, give Balthier a gun, give Fran a bow, do whatever you want! And I reiterate from this morning: make backup save files before you assign your jobs so you can redo your choices without playing the first few hours of the game over and over and over.
Yeah, I'll still make them machinist and archer, but just wish they were faster.

My copy still hasn't shipped, JB-HIFI fucked it up so badly that I had to purchase an online gift card and email a link to their support so they could put the payment through.

aravuus

even in this version, I have the urge of just grinding license points for licenses I won't be able to buy until end-game.

Grinding is just so much fun! I'm already finding myself skipping story cutscenes just so I can get to more gameplay sooner

Not like I'm playing the game for story, anyway. The early story, at least, is all kinds of boring. Maybe I'll start paying attention later on, for the first time probably ever see what's actually going on in this game lol.

aadiboy

FFX HD also had input lag. The good thing is that neither of them are action games, so it's not like you're going to be screwed over by some slight input lag.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Just got my delivery notice...... to pick up tomorrow after 2:00. Sigh.

Oh well it's an 11 year old game that I've played before. I can wait.

So for the optimized builds, is there a real need to try and have different classes? Or is it fine to have a healer and then go with what sounds the best?
The base game itself isn't all that hard to try and optimize. The late game hunts and such are where the game will really test you, but even then I don't think you should worry too much. Remember, in the original International Zodiac in JP game they didn't even have 2 jobs.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Logged about 99 hours in the original, going to double that with this one. Fran in HD, awyiss
They should add an ariana grande dlc.

So fran looks even more like ariana grande 😍😍

Zakkath

I've been reading alot in the other FF12 threads and based on the info and the Lore, this is the setup I came up with :

Vaan : Shikari / Foebreaker - Adrammelech, Zalera
Basch : Bushi / Knight - Belias, Hashmal, Matheus
Ashe : White Mage / Time Mage - Zeromus, Shemhazai

Balthier : Machinist / Uhlan - Famfrit, Exodus
Fran : Archer / Red Mage - Cuchelainn, Zodiark
Penelo : Black Mage / Monk - Chaos, Ultima

I was following 2 rules : every job is represented and also my interpretation of each character. I just can't make Balthier a WHM.

Now, what I'm wondering is if Uhlan brings any utility or if I would be better off using another class. It's that's the case, I would probably break my first rule and use this setup instead :

Basch : Bushi / Monk- Belias, Famfrit

Balthier : Machinist / Knight - Exodus, Hashmal, Mateus

I realize this is not a big difference, but I'm curious to hear some feedback.

Oh god, I'm such a fucking nerd. It's been years since I've played this but I'm reciting every line a few seconds before they are actually spoken, lol. I don't remember the camera being so cumbersome in tight quarters but other than that, this is bringing back some fantastic memories.

Magnus

It feels like a lot of people have this already in North America...how do you all still find stores willing to break street dates? :(

RPGCrazied

Order updated, will get it tomorrow instead of Thursday.

I hope I can finish Dream Drop Distance HD before then, at the last world.

Delio

Thank goodness people are talking about job mixes in here. I'd be pretty confused since I had no real idea where to lean. Ashe will totally be a Time mage for me.

So, the Zodiac Spear's ridiculous requirements have gone. That's good. But is there anything else missable throughout the game of note? Not played this in a loooooong time.

Tendo

Input lag is driving me nuts :(

Other than that the game is just as amazing as it was when it released. Probably my 2nd favorite FF after 6. So happy to have this remaster finally!

Magnus

Shit, DF didn't mention anything about this, did they?

I didn't. Best Buy shipped my copy Friday and I got it today.

I got an incredible deal on the game due to a pricing error, so I'm happy and all, but Amazon says it'll arrive somewhere between July 19th and 26th. So much for release shipping when you're a Prime member in Canada...

edit- oh shit, it updated. Arriving tomorrow! Yay

Alastor3

I've been reading alot in the other FF12 threads and based on the info and the Lore, this is the setup I came up with :

Basch : Bushi / Knight - Belias, Hashmal, Matheus

Balthier : Machinist / Uhlan - Famfrit, Exodus

I was following 2 rules : every job is represented and also my interpretation of each character. I just can't make Balthier a WHM.

Now, what I'm wondering is if Uhlan brings any utility or if I would be better off using another class. It's that's the case, I would probably break my first rule and use this setup instead :

Basch : Bushi / Monk- Belias, Famfrit

Balthier : Machinist / Knight - Exodus, Hashmal, Mateus

I realize this is not a big difference, but I'm curious to hear some feedback.

Please keep us updated, im really looking for the best optimised party

CLBridges

I've been so engrossed with FFXIV Stormblood that I almost forgot about this releasing tomorrow. Man, how time flies. Now, I need to go and purchase this and between this and FFXIV it'll hold me over until Destiny 2...beta.

Looks great. Maybe it's just me but the font seems a little large.
After playing Mass Effect Andromeda Im all for larger font sizes.

The one thing I've grown to hate now that console gaming has fully embraced true 1080p resolutions in this generation is the microscopic font sizes some games use. I swear some expect you to be sitting 30cm from the screen as if my HDTV was a PC monitor.

Fuck tiny fonts!

aravuus

Yeah. Bothering me a lot more than I had hoped.

That's why I'm currently going for the fabled "the game plays itself!" tactic - I've got gambits enabled for everyone, even the character I'm controlling lol.

rocK`

Banned
So hyped about this and very glad to have fully cleared my backlog (Dead Cells & Crash trilogy) in order for me to enjoy the shit out of this. Going to start this tomorrow and will be playing it for the next 4-5 days, no work, school or nothing. Cover is amazing as well.

Have you played it before?

Hnnnnnnggggghhh

Theme happens to play the bit of the soundtrack that plays in the cavern as you take a break before the city. Best part of the OST. This might be my ps4 theme forever now lol

MrDaravon

Hnnnnnnggggghhh

Theme happens to play the bit of the soundtrack that plays in the cavern as you take a break before the city. Best part of the OST. This might be my ps4 theme forever now lol

I really hope they make this purchasable on it's own, I would have gone digital possibly just for the theme but gotta get that steelbook!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Have you played it before?
Yep, 10 years ago! I love the game but knew it would get a remaster eventually, always thought it would be on the PS3 though but here we are :D! Avoided replaying it and it finally payed of!

Vashetti

Banned
Just booting it up now.

CGs are definitely higher quality but still upscales.

Shame they didn't have the foresight back then to render these at a higher res. Especially when Advent Children would have been in production at the same time.

Does anyone think there is any chance of the Judges pack being sold separately outside the CE? I wasn't expecting the busts to have the Statics Arts Bust label and have normal-ish packaging, I'd assumed the Judges were just something done for the CE. Maybe it's the same regardless when it's just a smaller collectible run. Ah, well, hope springs eternal.

(Thanks to the kind soul on Reddit for uploading photos.)

I still haven't figured out my party configuration. Everyone can be Machinists! Nothing will go wrong!

Top Bottom