• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age |OT| You Had One Job!

aravuus

One more episode of The Leftovers and then it unlocks! Will probably end up staying up playing until 4 or 5am, I'm surprisingly not sleepy at all

Rad-

½ hours till unlock. Hnnnngggg. Made final changes to my team as well.

Main team:
Basch: Archer/RedMage (my controlled)
Ashe: Knight/WhiteMage
Balthier: Bushi/TimeMage

Fourth rotational character (physical breaks, undead killing help etc):
Fran: Monk/BlackMage

Never going to use these two, other than in the beginning parts:
Vaan: Shikari/Foebreaker
Penelo: Uhlan/Machinist

Nohar

I'm afraid I messed up my jobs. They haven't added any option to reset them, have they?

As far as I know, job choices are final. Only options are to load a previous save (if you just screwed up your second job choice) or restart the game from scratch.

OmegaDL50

I wonder whose idea it was to change everything else in the International version then lol

The battle designer, Hiroyuki Itou was mainly in charge of most of the combat mechanics of both FFXII and the IZJS re-release.

Because he had a Supervisory role in this remaster, I'd say his input was considered for most of the changes.

Lusankya

Q: What languages does this game support?
A: The game features 2 audio options; English, and Japanese.

What about the text options?

The battle designer, Hiroyuki Itou was mainly in charge of most of the combat mechanics of both FFXII and the IZJS re-release.

Because he had a Supervisory role in this remaster, I'd say his input was considered for most of the changes.

In one of the many interviews about TZA, they said that Ito was in charge of any balance changes for enemies and equipment stat changes/cost/availability etc. It was more recommendations over a cast iron thing but they said they changed very little just because as they played and tested X worked better than Y etc.

The great mystery of the 21st Century remains what exactly has kept Ito employed at SquareEnix for the last 11 years. He's (in)arguably more influential on the series than Nomura, but he isn't BFFs with Gackt so no one cares : /

bubumiao

Anyone get theirs from best buy? I pre-ordered before the steel book was announced and I think it's the same price so I'm wondering if I'll receive the steel book or not?

I think probably not, just checked their site.

B00TE

Mentioned it in the other thread, but I'm not sure I'm feeling the remastered soundtrack. Might be from how used to the original I am. Having the option to swap between 'em is great tho.

Netto-kun

Q: What languages does this game support?
A: The game features 2 audio options; English, and Japanese.

What about the text options?

Only english.

Thanks.

Kinda sucks, though.
Pretty sure it depends on the system language. I have the EU copy and always have my PS4 set to Japanese as system language and got Japanese texts in-game. Swapped over to Norwegian in the PS4 system setting and got English texts in-game.

aravuus

Goddamn it, navigating the battle menu does not feel good. There's a very clear lag between pressing a button and something actually happening. Clunky or slow menus are a major pet peeve of mine, hope I can get used to this.

There's a bit of input lag to everything, in fact.

Cheddahz

Banned
anybody know if gamestop is having a midnight launch for this? it would be cool to go ahead and pick up my copy as soon as possible

aett

I 100% IZJS in HD about a year ago....cant wait for this to show up tomorrow to play it some more!

I played the unofficial English IZJS translation back in 2010, and loved it so much I played it three times in a row with different classes. (It helps that this was during a period of unemployment, but that's still something I would normally never do.)

I didn't think I would be interested in playing this again any time soon, especially with other games that I'm currently working through... but reading about the job combinations and everything has got me hooked again.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Goddamn it, navigating the battle menu does not feel good. There's a very clear lag between pressing a button and something actually happening. Clunky or slow menus are a major pet peeve of mine, hope I can get used to this.

There's a bit of input lag to everything, in fact.
Aren't the menus 60fps? Would suck to have input lag on those.

I canceled my steelbook because I like having rpgs digital. Few more hours now.

Has Square said if they added bossters to this like they have with other Final Fantasy re-releases? FF12 was the one Final Fantasy I couldn't beat without a gameshark.

anybody know if gamestop is having a midnight launch for this? it would be cool to go ahead and pick up my copy as soon as possible

My guess would be no, since no big name game is coming out alongside it.

Has Square said if they added bossters to this like they have with other Final Fantasy re-releases? FF12 was the one Final Fantasy I couldn't beat without a gameshark.

No boosters just the "fast forward" also your username is awesome, if it's in reference to the Shannara character lol.

No boosters just the "fast forward" also your username is awesome, if it's in reference to the Shannara character lol.

Indeed it is. One of my favorite book series and my favorite character and that's too bad. Guess I'll have to wait and see if they release it on Steam and use Cheat Engine instead.

aravuus

Aren't the menus 60fps? Would suck to have input lag on those.

I canceled my steelbook because I like having rpgs digital. Few more hours now.

I believe they are, which is why it makes zero sense to have such noticeable input lag. Had to boot up the original on PCSX2 just out of curiosity, and it actually felt like the menus were a bit more responsive.

Fuck. Really hope I can get used to this. Unbelievable how much this sours me on the experience lol.

I believe they are, which is why it makes zero sense to have such noticeable input lag. Had to boot up the original on PCSX2 just out of curiosity, and it actually felt like the menus were a bit more responsive.

Fuck. Really hope I can get used to this. Unbelievable how much this sours me on the experience lol.

Did any reviews mention it? It'd be really weird for no one else to pick up on it : /

Can imagine it being super annoying though.

Vaan: Knight + Time Mage
Ashe: Black Mage + Monk
Basch: Monk + Bushi
Penelo: White Mage + Machinist
Balthier: Shikari + Breaker
Fran: Archer + Red Mage

I think that's the team I've decided on, after many hours of planning and looking at all the options.

aett

I wish they made Fran and Balthier's attack speed with bow/gun faster. Kinda sucks that they're not great with them.

It's important to note that this barely matters at all and shouldn't determine your classes.

It's literally just fractions of a second in difference. IIRC, Balthier fires his gun something like three or four percent slower than the fastest character. This should not affect your gameplay unless you're doing some kind of crazy ultra speedrun that needs to be cut down by seconds or something.

Just... have fun, give Balthier a gun, give Fran a bow, do whatever you want! And I reiterate from this morning: make backup save files before you assign your jobs so you can redo your choices without playing the first few hours of the game over and over and over.

Top Bottom