• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age |OT| You Had One Job!

Some madman is going to do an all machinist, no 2nd job, weak mode kill Yiazmat run. It's inevitable.

I was actually kind of debating doing a 1,2 2,3 3 3 run. Should be possible in IZJS right? That's probably a rougher ride tbh but I've kinda always wanted to try it. Maybe not first go though

The game was able to install at midnight and I happily got started... only to be blocked out of reentering Rabanastre because it hasn't downloaded completely. And the only thing left to do here is to grind wolves or get gibbed by the T-rex. Oh well, I needed sleep anyway.

Oh, and I made Vaan a monk. Figured he'd fit right in.

jiggle

Game is looking good
And 2x speed is great great
I went with monk on vaan

Main complaint in the beginng is the camera making me dizzy
Oh and can't turn off the blue mini map

I want to do
Vaan monk
Bascj knight
Ashe dragoon
Balthier gun
Fran black red mage
Penelo white time mage

But it's not optimal
And that bothers me :(

The base game itself isn't all that hard to try and optimize. The late game hunts and such are where the game will really test you, but even then I don't think you should worry too much. Remember, in the original International Zodiac in JP game they didn't even have 2 jobs.

so for the main plot and base side missions you can essentially play how you want to play and still come out ok? If so, even better. I tried playing P5 with optimizing the schedule and it was a grind.

Fisty

so for the main plot and base side missions you can essentially play how you want to play and still come out ok? If so, even better. I tried playing P5 with optimizing the schedule and it was a grind.

Yeah if you are just looking for a good party without too much research, I would recommend the lore builds that are posted in various places. You will be fine in the main game and most of the optional content. You might need to do a bit of studying if you want to go for the superbosses, but you can definitely manage and won't make any "mistakes" with your builds

aravuus

Replenishing MP is easier than ever than ever thanks to 4x fast-forward lol

This is a dumb question, but who the hell do I make someone else a party leader? Other than taking everyone but that person out of the party and then taking them back in

e: wow holy shit maybe I am a bit tired, what a post

Damn, the orchestrated soundtrack is godly.

But the lip-syncing seems off a lot of the time. Am I remembering the original game through rose-tinted glasses or is it actually worse this time around? Maybe it has to do with the two language options or maybe I'm just crazy...

TheCed

This is a dumb question, but who the hell do I make someone else a party leader? Other than taking everyone but that person out of the party and then taking them back in

If i remember correctly, you have to press select on them when you're in the menu.

Edit : PS4 has no select button... me is dumb but try the touch pad.

Kensuke

Press down on the dpad and switch to a different character.

Damn, the orchestrated soundtrack is godly.

But the lip-syncing seems off a lot of the time. Am I remembering the original game through rose-tinted glasses or is it actually worse this time around? Maybe it has to do with the two language options or maybe I'm just crazy...

FFX remaster had a lip-syncing problem as well, and you're not the first to mention it for this game. I'll be really sad if that's also the case here.

Rad-

Had to test if the Dustia farming method is still in. 20 minutes later, Vaan is level 14 (was level 4). Stopping here as I don't want to make the game way too easy (well I already did, for a while). But it still works if anyone is interested.

In the earlier page, people were complaining about input lag. I had to test it and I don't think it's that bad. Seems about the same as in every FF? Or do you guys get it only in certain situations? I tried it in western sands.

Also the theme is awesome. My new favorite PS4 theme.

mieumieu

FFX remaster had a lip-syncing problem as well, and you're not the first to mention it for this game. I'll be really sad if that's also the case here.

This and FFX had no real lip syncing for the English voice (lip sync is for JP voice). Localization team simply write dialogue to match their JP mouth movements. FFXII writing is even more impressive after knowing these facts ('I give you my word. That was not the way of it').

Lower importance cutscenes have no real lip sync whatsoever. Mouth just moves mechanically.

Wow is that a nice looking steelbook (youtube)

Was gonna buy PSN so can play quicker than getting the physical, but the GCU 20% discount was nice but the steelbook looks so nice, ordered that so wont be able to play for a few days

MrDaravon

Can I justify double-dipping to go digital for the PS4 theme? Fuuuuuuck

Like there's no way I can, but I'm gonna be mad as hell if that isn't put up for sale on it's own after launch. I feel like PS4 pre-order themes are 50/50 on going up for sale afterwards or not.

Meowster

So disappointing that I won't be able to play until Thursday when my copy arrives! But at least I can hang out in here and decide what jobs I want to use in the meanwhile because I don't have a single clue just yet.

aravuus

Sold an absolute shit ton of new materials and nothing new in the bazaar! Come on dude, gimme something sweet

In the earlier page, people were complaining about input lag. I had to test it and I don't think it's that bad. Seems about the same as in every FF? Or do you guys get it only in certain situations?

It's the battle menu (the one that opens with X that has attack, items etc.) that's particularly bad, and definitely worse than what you usually come across in JRPGs. It's genuinely sluggish. The other menus (gear, licenses etc.) are tolerable.

Quick question: where is the license board plus located in each job classes license board?

My party arrangements are:

- monk-uhlan (Fran)
- Knight-Foebreaker (Basch)
- Bushido-Shikari (Penelo)
- Red battlemage-White Mage (Ashe)
- Red battlemage-Black Mage (Vaan)
- Red battlemage- Time battlemage (Balthier)

mollipen

Some madman is going to do an all machinist, no 2nd job, weak mode kill Yiazmat run. It's inevitable.

Edit: Blah.

In the earlier page, people were complaining about input lag. I had to test it and I don't think it's that bad. Seems about the same as in every FF? Or do you guys get it only in certain situations? I tried it in western sands.

It's either a very subjective thing, or perhaps some people's PS4s are for some reason running the game worse than they're supposed to.

Yeah you'll be fine. Hunts in the game have difficulty markers and the further you get in the more you'll get a feel for when you're maybe biting off more than you can chew. Trial mode is a side mode that uses your main save file, it has 100 stages of increasing difficulty that is supposed to be pretty ridiculous towards the end. There's also the final hunt that supposedly takes hours if you're not set up right. I suppose if you're looking at doing content like that then maybe put some research into your party comp. Otherwise don't worry.

AndersK

For people really worrying about taking a horrible job combo for a character, you really can't*. Sub-optimal, sure.

*one exception: don't do Machinist/Time Battle mage. It combines the two weakest classes and adds a dash of no synergy whatsoever.

I still haven't ordered this...not sure why. FF XII was a letdown for me, but after I beat it, I couldn't get it out of my mind. Really loved the battle system too.

This game easily has my favorite Final Fantasy final act. Maybe I'll run to Walmart tomorrow and snag.

mollipen

That was an IZJS limitation. You can double up job picks in TZA.

I swear to god the game told me that you couldn't double up on jobs, and because jobs that were already picked by someone highlight, I just assumed that to be the case.

So, basically, I completely stressed over how to dole out twelve jobs between six characters for nothing.

Top Bottom