• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age |OT| You Had One Job!

Burbeting

Banned
All hunts except yiazmat done. Can I go clear him with just my white mage and 2 DPS characters, or should I grind my mages? My main party is in lvl 75 range.

SkylineRKR

The white mousse hunt kicked the shit out of me. Some indication of the level of the monster in a hunt would be nice.

The ranks are fine imo. You get them early, but if rank 2 are already taking some time you're obviously too weak for V still. It takes a bit of judgment. I think Rank V is level 40 range. Rank IV is probably 30.

kromeo

I killed White Mouse around when you set out for Archades so quite a long time after it becomes available, and it still wasn't an easy fight

Worth noting a lot of the marks can be beaten at a much lower level if you have a good strategy. White Mousse if I remember right, you can put to sleep and spam magic, cast reflect on your own party and bounce the spells off for even more damage.

SkylineRKR

Yeah you can sleep WM and hammer him with fire spells. Should be possible at lower levels, just takes more sleep recasts and spells. The good thing with high level hunts being available early is that you can challenge yourself or if you're the kind of player that likes to grind you have some decent enemies.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Really? Thought I saw someone say they never got the trophy and had to run around for some rares he they had already killed in trial mode.

You don't get the hunt club trophies, but they fill-out the bestiary entries which I assume is enough. Not finished all 80 rare game entries yet myself though.

TheCed

All hunts except yiazmat done. Can I go clear him with just my white mage and 2 DPS characters, or should I grind my mages? My main party is in lvl 75 range.

At the beginning of the Fight, Use your foebreaker to lower its strengh A LOT.

You'll be fine after that.

Shahed

You don't get the hunt club trophies, but they fill-out the bestiary entries which I assume is enough. Not finished all 80 rare game entries yet myself though.
Hopefully it works. I'm working on the Bestiary now and I'd rather not have to repeat the ones I got in Trial mode. I don't really care abiut the rewards. Just got the Bestiary, Floor 100 and the Quickening/Concurrence trophy left

mstevens

I'm trying to prep right now for trial 100. What other equipment items should I be getting to make this as painless as possible?

So far I have the 3 invisible items, although they won't be able to carry the fight
Hastega
A bunch of elixers
3 ribbons

On my to-grab list is:
Nihopalaoa
Reverse
Bubble
Decoy
Zodiark

Anything else that might make the fight easier?

Ourobolus

Banned
So I'm at Trial 100 but I'm definitely running low on items. Is there a sequence of loading saves that I can go buy more stuff and return to the Trial, or at least only start back at 90 or something?

TheCed

I'm trying to prep right now for trial 100. What other equipment items should I be getting to make this as painless as possible?

So far I have the 3 invisible items, although they won't be able to carry the fight
Hastega
A bunch of elixers
3 ribbons

On my to-grab list is:
Nihopalaoa
Reverse
Bubble
Decoy
Zodiark

Anything else that might make the fight easier?

You already said Nihopalaoa so I guess that you know about Remedy lore 3
IMO Bubble Belt was more usefull in that fight than Ribbon but that's just me.

Xevren

Hopefully it works. I'm working on the Bestiary now and I'd rather not have to repeat the ones I got in Trial mode. I don't really care abiut the rewards. Just got the Bestiary, Floor 100 and the Quickening/Concurrence trophy left

Black Hole concurrence was super annoying. I didn't even get it until fighting yiazmat.

Bluenoser

You already said Nihopalaoa so I guess that you know about Remedy lore 3
IMO Bubble Belt was more usefull in that fight than Ribbon but that's just me.

Maybe but Ghis uses curse, and it doesn't help your cause to have your characters confused/diseased, etc, especially when every second usually counts.

I had a dark energy, and used that, along with some meteorite (B) to inflict disease on Bergan, Drace, and Ghis. Also helpful to have lots of dispel motes, and a Karkata sword, which can be used to inflict confuse on Drace and Bergan. (switch back to more powerful sword when not needed)

Honestly once Ghis is gone, this fight is a joke. Him casting status effects, and scourge on your party constantly is a huge pain.

Don't forget to leave Gabranth and Zargabath for last, and keep Zargabath slept while you kill Gabranth, or they will spam elixirs on each other.

How many hours did it take? What level were your characters?

Sorry I just now saw this, but for what it's worth.. it took me about 100 hours, but I definitely took my sweet time going through the main story. My characters were all at lvl 99, but I felt the time I spent grinding for that was unnecessary given the importance of equipment. Oh and breaks as well, my Shikari/Foebreaker made most late game fights a cakewalk

Fisty

Wow... i have no idea why, but for some reason I thought you had to buy every Bazaar recipe for the platinum... I went through all my loot and made a list of what I needed, and was like "wait a minute..."

Anyway, just have trial 100 and stupid Concurrences to do... any tips on getting Black Hole?

Holmes

Two more trophies to go, completing the bestiary and beating the game. Hopefully the bestiary isn't too annoying.

^ For Black Hole, I always started with a level 3 and prioritized Mist Charges and level 3s until I got all 4 level 3s out of the way. It's completely random so it's totally up to how many Mist Charges the game wants to give you. Just keep trying and don't panic. Stay calm and don't button mash and accidentally miss a Mist Charge.

Opa-Pa

Archer and Time Battlemage get Addle and Shear where the latter job requires an Esper license. Uhlan gets Wither and Expose but also needs Esper licenses.

Ah you're right! I feel dumb for missing it, and they seem to be locked behind the same esper too, neat.

Thanks a lot!

Wow... i have no idea why, but for some reason I thought you had to buy every Bazaar recipe for the platinum... I went through all my loot and made a list of what I needed, and was like "wait a minute..."

Anyway, just have trial 100 and stupid Concurrences to do... any tips on getting Black Hole?

Not even half of the game and I got it, I even have some characters with just one quickening, my way for it was 15 hits and my reasoning was: Always spend charges on characters that already used their quickening first.

For example if I start with a Triangle and then I'm offered a Triangle, Square, and X, I'll use Triangle every time until it's no longer an option.

Hahah, Libra is your friend.

And yeah, I still can't go in there, get wrecked. I'm only like level 41 with characters.

Speaking of which, when I have Balthier attempt to cast Libra, it only lets me target Balthier. No enemies or anything else.

Wh.......why....?????

Also: what are the best types of enemies to steal from?

What's the grinding method in the mine? Just did the turtle and snake hunts in it.

There's a bridge near the end that spawns around 40 skeletons. Take 'em all out, then move two zones away to respawn them. Be sure not to kill any non-skeleton enemies while zoning so your kill chain is maintained.

mstevens

Using the RNG helper to get Dark Energies from this chest. Messing with the RNG is really satisfying for some reason.

I wonder if it would be possible to spam Dark Energies to blast through Trial 100 if you put an anti-remedy on Ghis and just spammed 6 of them really quick?

mstevens

I spent some time today stealing Elixers from Magick Pots and got annoyed when I sometimes stole the rare item instead... Until I read what Baltoro's Seed does... Wow.

kromeo

Man, those marlboros in giruvegan are fucking annoying. Their breath if it hits gives you literally every status effect.

The last third of the game is pretty much nothing but curing status effects, it's annoying me more than in previous playthroughs

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
So, like, when will be able to stand up to those elemental orbs? My party us at level 28, and I'm being deceminated by onea in Rabanastre's Westerland.

So, like, when will be able to stand up to those elemental orbs? My party us at level 28, and I'm being deceminated by onea in Rabanastre's Westerland.

Not for awhile, but in case you don't know, they're not aggressive and won't attack as long as you don't use ANY MAGIC in their vicinity.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Just beat Stage 100 in Trial Mode, was annoying when I entered the stage not really prepared for them lol. But Zodiark sure helps with most of them and then Remedies on the rest helps. Didnt realize one was casting Elixir over and over so that was a big waste of time on me lol.

Bestiary and the map is all I have left in the game (besides finishing it) for the Platinum trophy.

So...fighting the bounty hunters in the Lhusu Mines in Bujerba was way easier in this version of the game. Unless I'm just playing it better than I did in 2006?

ss_lemonade

Am I just remembering this wrong from the PS2 version or are the fancy 3d water effects only visible at the beginning of the game, with the sewer rats? I remember being impressed by how that effect looked on the PS2 but I don't think I've seen it used anywhere else in the game, even after returning to that initial area with rats.

SkylineRKR

Statuses are annoying the shit out of me. You set like 6 gambits around them, but a 7th effect fucks you up. There are a bit too many and Sap doesn't even expire. You also want some offensive gambits etc. Every late game area bombards you with statuses.

You'll only get 2 ribbons very deep into the tough side areas. Unless you abuse trial or waste time at the steppe, if its even there.

RunTheGhouls

Neo Member
I had forgotten how tedious some of the side quests are - the fetch quest before the Chaos esper seemed to take an eternity even on 4x.

Also FUCK the Great Crystal, that shit needs a real map - how on earth did I have the patience to do this 10 years ago?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Just beat Stage 100 in Trial Mode, was annoying when I entered the stage not really prepared for them lol. But Zodiark sure helps with most of them and then Remedies on the rest helps. Didnt realize one was casting Elixir over and over so that was a big waste of time on me lol.

Bestiary and the map is all I have left in the game (besides finishing it) for the Platinum trophy.

Any tips and methodologies to cheese level 100? I know the Nica-something will help I heard.

Mendrox

I had forgotten how tedious some of the side quests are - the fetch quest before the Chaos esper seemed to take an eternity even on 4x.

Also FUCK the Great Crystal, that shit needs a real map - how on earth did I have the patience to do this 10 years ago?

Great Crystal is really the worst dungeon in this game. The Chaos fetch quest is managable if you did some side stuff before that.

Maledict

Great Crystal is really the worst dungeon in this game. The Chaos fetch quest is managable if you did some side stuff before that.

The problem is there is absolutely no possible way of doing that stuff without a guide. That's what I find annoying in an otherwise fantastic game - so much stuff is hidden, purposefully, to make you rely on buying a strategy guide.

There is no way that the method to find the second amulet piece in the sewerway would ever be found by accident. There's nothing in game to point you towards it at all, and the combo of levers required just isn't going to happen by random.

(On the plus side, I did the chops quest without a guide and found it quite fun thus revealing what a sicko I am)

Top Bottom