• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age |OT| You Had One Job!

OrionX

You're not allowed to attack any enemies from the time you set foot in the forest until you reach him, otherwise he wont show. Zone from mosphoran highwaste and keep running with r2 held down (fleeing) until you reach him.

Thanks! Yeah I thought it was just for that little area you couldn't kill anything. Carrot has now been exterminated. It'sbeen84years.gif

Really curious how that woman managed to keep a pet malboro all that time tho...

Level really don't do much besides raising your natural HP and MP. Gear make a significant difference in power, have you completed optional area, hunts etc ? They're a good source of gear. The two bosses you described died within a 60 seconds, but I was doing every optional thing I could before moving on.

I tried doing some optional stuff, but it's way too hard. When I got to the Sandsea I tried going in Zertinan Caverns and the shit in there just totally wrecked me. Same deal with the jungle, I was able to go from the jungle to Feywood but everything there was like level 45+ while I was level 20, completely destroyed me. I still have a few hunts I can do though.

There's also one map in Nam-Yensa Sandsea that I couldn't figure out how to access, I'm assuming you zone in there from Zertinan Caverns but as I couldn't get anywhere in the caverns without dying I'm not sure.

Zakalwe

Banned
This feels like the perfect template for a console-first MMO in the vein of the first Guild Wars. I really want something like that now...

mstevens

Hey guys I need some advice.

I just killed Shemhazai and I've noticed that there hasn't been any armor shops or upgrades in the last few town hubs. Where is a good place to get late game armor? I heard you can steal maximillian armor from Trial 45. Are there any other late game pieces that are easily accessible? My jobs are pretty wide spread, so I want to get a variety of helms and armor of different types.

I'm not sure what's going on with my hits. Vaan has 83 attack and is hitting 3000s, but Ashe has 100 attack and is hitting 1800s.

Vaan is using the Deathbringer (1H Sword) and Ashe is using the Morning Star (1H Hammer).
Also Basch has 83 attack, the same as Vaan, and is hitting 1500s with a Yakei (2H Katana). Balthier only has 41 attack but is hitting the highest. Ugh I really don't understand this.

OrionX

*Wanders into Necrohol of Nabudis*

"Ooh this place looks mysterious. Bet there's something good here~"

*Takes one step. Trap ko's two party members*
*Takes another step. Trap drains everyone's mp*
*Takes- TRAP*

"...Nope."

RIP Hastega, because I sure as h*ck ain't going back for that. It's easy enough to navigate the Great Crystal for the storyline (hot tip:
always take the path that takes you downwards
), but screw trying to actually locate any of the goodies.

Going to Nabudis before Giruvegan was a mistake because it made it a cakewalk.

Vashetti

Banned
RIP Hastega, because I sure as h*ck ain't going back for that. It's easy enough to navigate the Great Crystal for the storyline (hot tip:
always take the path that takes you downwards
), but screw trying to actually locate any of the goodies.

Going to Nabudis before Giruvegan was a mistake because it made it a cakewalk.

You are if you want the Platinum.

Hey guys I need some advice.

I just killed Shemhazai and I've noticed that there hasn't been any armor shops or upgrades in the last few town hubs. Where is a good place to get late game armor? I heard you can steal maximillian armor from Trial 45. Are there any other late game pieces that are easily accessible? My jobs are pretty wide spread, so I want to get a variety of helms and armor of different types.

There should be some good stuff in the Necrohol. Maximillians can drop from enemies in there.

mstevens

There should be some good stuff in the Necrohol. Maximillians can drop from enemies in there.

Thanks! I didn't get the Maximillian armor to drop, but found a bunch of really useful stuff in the chests in there.

I've heard that there is another part of the Henne mines that opens up after I get more Espers and that area has some good gear as well. My current objective is to prep to kill Ultima so I can try to get that Gendarme shield.

Thanks! I didn't get the Maximillian armor to drop, but found a bunch of really useful stuff in the chests in there.

I've heard that there is another part of the Henne mines that opens up after I get more Espers and that area has some good gear as well. My current objective is to prep to kill Ultima so I can try to get that Gendarme shield.

You can find Lordly Robes in the Henne Mines depths, as well. 100% one-time chest.

SkylineRKR

I got 3 maximillans in the Necrohol, in 2 runs I think. What took ages for me are those fucking Corpse Fly, probably took me hours of on and off trying to get 3. But Penelo is rocking Kanya now, and it looks great.

I grabbed Hastega though. Its a bitch, and I even unlocked the 'wrong' Taurus gate for a fucking Artemis Bow forcing me to do another run. Though thats the gate I need to open for the optional boss.

But you'll eventually do it blind. Open Aquarius 1 from Ultima's area, so you can reach Taurus. For the rest I think Libra 1, Virgo 2 and Capricorn 2. From Taurus I would run straight into XVI, then a left to the Libra stone, then 2 rights and a left and Hastega is at the dead end. Zodiac shield was there in the original game.

I couldn't find the Ribbon though. Is it even there or is it a hidden chest?

robertoci

Just a heads up for anyone who had ran out of Teleport Stones like I had, you can buy more on the airships, only just found this out now and my god it is a lifesaver!

mstevens

I got 3 maximillans in the Necrohol, in 2 runs I think. What took ages for me are those fucking Corpse Fly, probably took me hours of on and off trying to get 3. But Penelo is rocking Kanya now, and it looks great.

I grabbed Hastega though. Its a bitch, and I even unlocked the 'wrong' Taurus gate for a fucking Artemis Bow forcing me to do another run. Though thats the gate I need to open for the optional boss.

But you'll eventually do it blind. Open Aquarius 1 from Ultima's area, so you can reach Taurus. For the rest I think Libra 1, Virgo 2 and Capricorn 2. From Taurus I would run straight into XVI, then a left to the Libra stone, then 2 rights and a left and Hastega is at the dead end. Zodiac shield was there in the original game.

I couldn't find the Ribbon though. Is it even there or is it a hidden chest?

I was able to steal 3 Ribbons pretty easily from Trial #49

When you found Maximillians were they in random chests? Diamond armlet or no?

EndMerit

The bazaar is not selling bravery and faith even though I'm high enough rank to buy them. Is there another requirement?

I found them on chest in Nabudis. Are they supposed to appear in Bazaar, or are you thinking about vanilla FFXII?

^^Yeah well okay... But speaking of Maximillians, I didn't find any during my Nabudis run. I'm guessing some monsters drop them?

kromeo

The original sotchen cave palace music is better I think...

I'd forgotten how much enemies start spamming status effects on you at this part of the game

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Did anyone else let out a LOL and :rolleyes at Kotaku's article about how FFXII HD Remaster loses the "soul" of the original because it's not blurry enough?

Am I crazy or is that just plain stupid and contributes nothing to "soul"?

Cess007

Almost 3hrs and now I've just completed
Draklor Laboratory
and now on
Balfonheim Port
. I think this should be a good time to go back and complete all those Hunts Quests lol

Meowster

I don't get how Yiazmat has SO much less health in the trial mode but it is practically impossible to kill him once you get down to that last sliver of health. His attacks basically one shot everyone and you get caught up resurrecting everyone until he catches up and kills everyone.

Korezo

What Ninja blades should I unlock for Shik/Foe I haven't unlocked any quickenings because I don't know whats good. I already found the iga and koga blades and have almost all ninja 1 blades. Should I skip ninja blades 1 and just put 1 quickening toward Koga blade the 2nd towards Iga blade and the 3rd on Mesa with Yagyu Darkblade?

I don't get how Yiazmat has SO much less health in the trial mode but it is practically impossible to kill him once you get down to that last sliver of health. His attacks basically one shot everyone and you get caught up resurrecting everyone until he catches up and kills everyone.

Did you stack wither, addle, etc on him? I burnt like 70 phoenix downs fighting his regular 50 million HP version, but never came close to a team wipe. He was hitting me physically for like 70 and cyclone was hitting for around 350. His death strikes weren't hitting often enough to put me in a dangerous spot.

Caim

What Ninja blades should I unlock for Shik/Foe I haven't unlocked any quickenings because I don't know whats good. I already found the iga and koga blades and have almost all ninja 1 blades. Should I skip ninja blades 1 and just put 1 quickening toward Koga blade the 2nd towards Iga blade and the 3rd on Mesa with Yagyu Darkblade?

Sure anything seems to be fine as long as you get the Yagyu Darkblade license (if you want it)

I went Ninja Blade 1, 3, and Mesa/Yagyu.

Meowster

Did you stack wither, addle, etc on him? I burnt like 70 phoenix downs fighting his regular 50 million HP version, but never came close to a team wipe. He was hitting me physically for like 70 and cyclone was hitting for around 350. His death strikes weren't hitting often enough to put me in a dangerous spot.
Whaaaaaaat? His regular attack does around 7000 damage when he is in critical and his cyclone is an instakill. I've never used any of the abilities you just described but maybe I'll try it since this was like the third wipe.

Whaaaaaaat? His regular attack does around 7000 damage when he is in critical and his cyclone is an instakill. I've never used any of the abilities you just described but maybe I'll try it since this was like the third wipe.

friend

look up the izjs locations for wither, addle, shear, and expose

you'll thank me later

SkylineRKR

Scorpion Tail dropped for me in Henne Mines, from a rare game Glaring Eye it seems. Leaves Vrsaba and Mithuna, but I have zodiac spear and Formalhaut so I'm kind of good there. Fuck those Evil Spirits and especially fuck those Zertinan dragons.

I was able to steal 3 Ribbons pretty easily from Trial #49

When you found Maximillians were they in random chests? Diamond armlet or no?

No, all you have to do is nuke Elnoyles with Aeroga. You'll get them because there are a shit ton of Elnoyles.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Yes. There's one in a chest in feywood. And you can poach them from coeurls in the uplands.
Awesome! This also answers a question I had in mind about whether steal and poach yield different items, so I assume the answer is that they do, correct?

Man the Necrohol is a Black Mage's paradise. It's just a constant font of regenerating MP through Warmage.

The only problem I have with Ashe as my White Mage/Black Mage is that she sometimes gets too caught up in the buffing/dispelling cycle to really bring the pain.

SkylineRKR

Yeah I love that place, just make sure you have Float.

No luck on the first sweep through there, but I'll do another couple sweeps. Also - there are some doors in there that need a medallion. Where do I get that?

Thats the end of a sidequest you can start by doing White Mousse and Orthros Hunts, and then go to Dalan's. Its rather vague though, like most sidequests in this game.

FinalAres

Finished the story today, so much better than I remember.

Will probably leave the sidequests until another year. Have lots of games I want to play!

kromeo

The noise from traps is like 3 times louder than the rest of the game, it's really annoying if you're playing with headphones

Picked up Hastega and thought I had all the magick, whoops, forgot to go buy Scourge.

Fuck those Evil Spirits.

Just seeing the name makes me rage, fuck those things.

The noise from traps is like 3 times louder than the rest of the game, it's really annoying if you're playing with headphones

The crossbow sound annoys the hell out of me. Sometimes if I'm controlling the character with it, the sfx jumps about 10x louder than anything on screen. Haste makes it so much worse.

I'm enjoying this new music for some of the bosses. The one against the
Elder Wyrm
is the best one yet! Always a pleasure hearing new Ivalice music from Sakimoto. Also forgot how damn good the music for Henne Mines was.

Literally makes me go "shit" when it happens.

Burbeting

Banned
Lol, had a great battle against Chaos.

Entered the battle, "shit, I can't use Attack?". All of my mages are like lvl20-25 range, so I was little annoyed. But then I realised that the Gil Toss actually still works, so I just had my party throw Gil at Chaos until he died. Death by money!

SkylineRKR

I forgot scourge as well, who the hell goes back there?

Its that merchant NPC from Barheim, waaay back at the start of the game.

Top Bottom