• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age |OT| You Had One Job!

MrDaravon

Coming back after not playing for about a week and it's kind of overwhelming seeing all of the posts here and elsewhere talking about strats and items that I don't have any reference point for lol. I'm just gonna continue on doing my best to explore everything fully as soon as I can and half referencing a guide and I think I'll be okay >_>

FUUUUUUCK how can I get this ;_;

I still for real check the PSN store like every day to see if they put the US PSN pre-order theme up for sale on it's own. FF12 has my favorite game art and maybe my favorite game music of all time, I need these themes ._.

SkylineRKR

Permanent. You can also stack multiple applications of the same one.

Haven't got there yet but I hear you can keep stacking wither on Yiazmat and have him doing like 200hp per hit when he attacks.

That sounds plausible. I did Gilgamesh round 2, and in the final phase he started doing 2500 per hit, after my Foebreaker dealt with him a few times he only did about 600. For these multi phase fights their defense resets each time though. I mostly let Gambits do it, and when I think the damage is low enough I switch it off.

Question: I'm rocking a party with Vaan as a Shikari/Foebreaker, but I've troubles with flying enemies as he can't hit them. I remember on Vanilla FF12 I just equipped him with a Spear and be done with that. But now, neither hammers nor Knives can hit flying enemies. Any kind of weapon for him that can hit flying monsters?

I'm still amazed how well the game hold up visually.

Foebreaker has hand bombs right?

Is stealing from the stage 49 trial boss the best way to get ribbons?

My main 3 are 65 and id like the ribbons because im sick of getting hit with status ailments during tough hunts.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I got the Seitengrat. Oh God what have I done

Haha, me too. It's basically this game's Mewtwo. A major glitch we've exploited. You can't even see the damn weapon in use - your characters are holding nothing when they use it.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Does shade of black consume MP? Relative to the spell? What's the consensus on it's usage, randomness and all?

Since my Panelo is a black mage/monk, it's quite effective due to her high magic power.

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
Does shade of black consume MP? Relative to the spell? What's the consensus on it's usage, randomness and all?

Since my Panelo is a black mage/monk, it's quite effective due to her high magic power.
Doesn't use MP. Not worth using late game, since you'll have all the high level magic and you can target specific weaknesses. MP should never be an issue for your black Mage. Mine is at full MP almost all the time since she gains more from damaging/killing enemies than she spends.

Dr Thor

Neo Member
Bought the OST Blu-ray and it's bringing back so many good memories. My copy arrives later today; can't wait to play this again!

Am I correct that the game has multiple languages on it and lets you select the one you want, as in FFXV? Or that it chooses based on your system language? EIther is fine with me, but I'm getting the Japanese version and absolutely want to play this game in English; its translation is perhaps the best ever done for any game, with the Tactics Ogre remake maybe being a close second. I was bowled over again and again by how beautiful the English was while still remaining true to the Japanese original. So much more flavor.

BTW, if anybody is interested, I preordered the Ultimania -- a fat monster of a guidebook; it must weigh a kilogram and a half -- but am now thinking I want to go in totally blind and just enjoy things. If anybody wants it, I will gladly sell it at exact cost plus exact shipping. Otherwise I'll eBay it.

You're right about the increased flavour in English, the original Japanese is pretty dry. That's the case with all the Matsuno games, from what I hear, seems that's just how he writes?

BTW is that Ultimania still up for grabs? I might be interested in it if shipping to the UK from wherever you are isn't too insane.

Netto-kun

FUUUUUUCK how can I get this ;_;
As for now only from Amazon Japan.

BTW is that Ultimania still up for grabs? I might be interested in it if shipping to the UK from wherever you are isn't too insane.
Amazon Japan (existing Amazon UK account won't work, so need to make a new one)
CDJapan

And probably plenty of other online websites.

Edit: Trying to get that level 99 Red Chocobo to spawn with the petrify method...taking forever.

DxD

Banned
How do you know breaks are even working?
I would use Addle and Withered on a boss, but I don't see any debuff on the boss.
I keep on reapplying it because I am not even sure it is even working or not.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
How early should I get monographs? I'm only at Mosphoran Highwaste in the story.

I wouldn't worry too much about them. In this version there's far less need to get stuff via the bazaars thanks to Trial mode being constantly available. You can get some really sweet loot from trials, plus if you have the accessory that converts lp into gil its also a ridiculous money fountain.

aett

Re: flyers - Depending on my party build, I sometimes like to have one character set to cast Oil on all flying enemies and another to cast Fire/a/aga on enemies with Oil.

To be a total dick, at one point my Black Mage Ashe (wielding Flame Staff) had

Foe: Weakness Fire -> Oil
Foe: Weakness Fire -> <Fire spell>

But then I quickly found out that many bosses/marks/rare game that are weak to fire are immune to Oil.

:(

ST2K

Permanent. You can also stack multiple applications of the same one.

Haven't got there yet but I hear you can keep stacking wither on Yiazmat and have him doing like 200hp per hit when he attacks.

So, because of Yiazmat's level doubling skill, it increases his level to 146, meaning that it's impossible to make Wither connect due to the way the game decides accuracy for the tech.

I guess I should load an old save, go grind to get my reserve party member to higher levels, and start the whole damn thing over again.

Bah.

SkylineRKR

Doesn't use MP. Not worth using late game, since you'll have all the high level magic and you can target specific weaknesses. MP should never be an issue for your black Mage. Mine is at full MP almost all the time since she gains more from damaging/killing enemies than she spends.

lol yeah. My BM was hammering Blizzaga and Aeroga in Necrohol and I think I saw her MP pool actually grow.

How do you know breaks are even working?
I would use Addle and Withered on a boss, but I don't see any debuff on the boss.
I keep on reapplying it because I am not even sure it is even working or not.

Its working. You'll see a message that attack or defense is lowered. I just wish they would stop doing it after the cap (which is 6 breaks). 6 withers renders pretty much any physical attacking boss powerless.

Vashetti

Banned
So uhh, I've beaten all the rare game, all 80 of them. Checked my checklist twice.

Only able to give 28 trophies to the hunters and don't have any other in my inventory/key items.

What gives?

Edit: shit I encountered some in Trial Mode

No way of knowing which ones either. Fuck this sucks

Just bodied Yiazmat by stacking wither, addle and expose. Burnt through like 70 phoenix downs because of his instant kill BS, but the poor guy didn't stand a chance. Even replaced my Arise gambit with Raise on my healer because he was dealing such pathetic damage.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
So I've been playing non-stop on x2 and x4 settings since almost the beginning of the game. Then I just decided to go a couple of minutes with the game's normal speed.

Are you freaking kidding me square? I know I'm used to the faster speeds, but normal speed feels... Almost like fighting underwater!

It definitely wouldn't be acceptable by modern standards, would it? Did people complain about it back then?

It definitely wouldn't be acceptable by modern standards, would it? Did people complain about it back then?

Not to a wide degree. The game scored over 90 on metacritic IIRC. A lot of complaints were more about story and characters than anything combat-related.

But yeah, normal speed is almost unplayable. No clue how anyone managed to even get past the Sandseas in the original, let alone finish the game (me included).

So I've been playing non-stop on x2 and x4 settings since almost the beginning of the game. Then I just decided to go a couple of minutes with the game's normal speed.

Are you freaking kidding me square? I know I'm used to the faster speeds, but normal speed feels... Almost like fighting underwater!

They literally released a version of it with the 2x speed function a little over a year after the original release. It was definitely a recognized issue.

Vashetti

Banned
I cannot believe nobody saw this oversight of being able to encounter Trophy Rare Game in Trial Mode and no way of indicating that in the main game.

I'm now two trophies short with no way of knowing which I've missed in the main game.

Top Bottom