• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 E3 Information Thread [Trailer, BioWare Storytelling, More]

Despera

Banned
Are we taking about full control over the camera during cutscenes, or a slight tilt a la ZoE and SoTC.

Because if it's the regular tilt, then I don't see how this makes news.

dramatis

Despera said:
Are we taking about full control over the camera during cutscenes, or a slight tilt a la ZoE and SoTC.

They're desperate to prove that they're making things interactive.

However, making interactivity doesn't mean making gameplay.

Fimbulvetr said:
Dammit man. Bioware didn't invent dialogue choices.

Also the game was originally developed by Quest and Bioware's first game hadn't even been released by the time TO was made.

Perhaps the black venemous irony seeping out of my post was too subtle afterall.

xion4360

Despera said:

Its not clear if they are talking about cutscenes, or Live cutscenes.

My guess its probably the Live Cutscenes, short event scenes during which you can keep moving. If it's regular cutscenes, then maybe a DMC4 style slight pan and zoom

chri5t

Despera said:

I'm hoping full control, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Kyon said:
or maybe it's like the MGS4 controls

Yeah... I expect too something like that, or more like The Last Story. An option in my opinion not needed at all.

Diablos

Looks like XIII-2 is coming to North America in January.

http://www.1up.com/news/final-fantasy-xiii-2-slated-january-release

Chris Pereira said:
The sequel to Final Fantasy XIII will be in the hands of North American gamers in about six months' time. Square Enix has announced XIII-2 will be out in North America sometime in January 2012.

Following the very linear XIII, the sequel is said to be more varied and open. Director Motomu Toriyama told Famitsu after E3 that, whereas XIII was story-driven, XIII-2 is "player-driven. The player actively explores the world, and events take place based on his actions. It's made to allow a lot of choices to be made by the player. Compared to XIII, we're using very few prerendered scenes; it's mostly realtime."

Players will be able to finish its story in about 40 hours, although producer Yoshinori Kitase has said they will then be able "to replay the game in a new sort of way," something that "will be a different system" from the standard New Game+ option.

"We'll also be upping the number of minigames," Kitase explained. "The linearity of XIII meant that there weren't a lot of extra features like that, but we're really putting a lot of different stuff into this one. It'll mark a return to the sort of vast mix of gameplay seen in previous FFs."

XIII-2, which is headed to both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, was previously slated for a North American release this winter. Japan will be getting it a month sooner, in December, which is a noticeably smaller gap than the three months North American gamers had to wait after XIII was already available in Japan.
Great news! Not sure why they can't aim for a simultaneous NA/JP and even EU release, but one month isn't that bad. This game keeps sounding more and more promising as well. I'm optimistic.

Top Bottom