• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

lol @ platforming on Academia 500 AF.

Fuck this bullshit.

I'm gonna see the rest of the game on Youtube.

EDIT:
Very ballsy ending... I lost faith in SE. :(

How does Hope build an ENTIRELY NEW PLANET EARTH? WITH WHAT RESOURCES? And so fast?

Ugh... x_x

Is ever explained why is Serah a Farsee? (Or seeress... what's the difference?)

Caius has 'the heart of Chaos beating in his chest', what does that have anything to do with Etro? He said he as gonna kill her (Etro). I thought she was somewhere in Valhalla? How can a goddess "live" in the heart of someone and do all the things she have done to save the heroes of XIII?

Hope didn't build a planet , he build a new cocoon... in case you forgot it took him 100 years to be built and teh project was already planned for more than that ..

Etro gave him her heart to thank him for his service loyauty ( that was before he got ideas about killing her ) think of the heart as a manifestation of etro powers ..
Etro can do the miracle of ff13 because she can ( she rules over the timeline )

Tess3ract

Banned
Spent hours on slots on the DLC trying to get the fragment, then I realized I was playing as sazh and it only unlocks for noel and sarah
negativeman-55f.png

d[-_-]b

Banned
Is it a choppy game for anyone else on the 360, feels like the cutscenes are struggling to play at a consistent rate, just started the game... hopefully it's worth it to level in this game...

BadWolf

Just finished it and wow, what an excellent rpg. Loved XIII and this was a fantastic followup.

It was great seeing the various characters again and the story was solid. Really liked Noel as a character as well, cool design (kind of Disney's Aladdin-ish) and a memorable background story.

That ending was really well done, all I hope for XIII-3 is that they don't botch up
Serah's end
and try to reverse it in some way. It was such a great moment.

Hope they incorporate the quick and painless save anywhere feature into future FFs.

Also, Chocolina was hawt.

What's the likelihood that this game will get a re-release will all the DLC included? I can't believe the coliseum fights are still so expensive, when I get can this game <$20 almost everywhere.

So I just recently started this game. I adored 13, and so far I'm really enjoying this as well despite my hatred for Mog (or Mog-like characters I should say).

Any tips for somebody starting out? I just beat Atlas in year 5 and so far I've been dumping all my CP into single roles (rav for Serah and com for Noel). I've been putting my expand points into more ATB.

As for monsters, I've just been leveling up three: a healer, a com, and a rav.

Is that a good idea? Also can somebody explain why I would consume other monsters? Or why I should level up more than the three? It's a little confusing.

Any other tips for a new player?

I'm finishing some of my backlog so it is finally time to dive into XIII and XIII-2 again. I have a question for you veterans tho. What DLC should be concidered to get all the good stuff and what is better left out? The edition I got for cheap had some costumes and a muramasa weapon DLC included but also Omega monster DLC so I guess that might be worth something. I don't care about costumes/weapons and all that but do the coliseum DLC actually include anything interesting? I am mostly potentially interested in the Gilgamesh and Ultros packs but are they just a waste of money? How about the ''level'' DLC? Seems there are ones for Lightning, Sazh and Snow.

And how do the DLC come into play? I am pretty sure the Lightning DLC was supposed to be an epilogue of some sorts. Are they all just better left alone until I have completed the game or do they come into play while doing a playthrough?

Also does the Muramasa DLC that was included in the game break the balance or something? Should I even bother downloading that?

PusherT

So I just I got the game and was wondering does the Sentinal paradigm have any offensive capabilities?? The battle system is a veery different to say the least.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So I just I got the game and was wondering does the Sentinal paradigm have any offensive capabilities?? The battle system is a veery different to say the least.
They do have counter but it's very weak.

BadWolf

Sentinal is mostly for defense tbh.

I always had a SEN/SEN/SEN paradigm that I would use when I would see a major attack coming on, reduces damage taken significantly. Even if you don't level up the class the effect is still really good.

And no you did not screw up, you will get plenty CP points to level up your classes.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Did I fuck up?

I gave my Noel cystrogen points split half way in sentinel "lvl 29" and "lvl 24" in commando. My serah is maxed out in Ravenger ??
Doesn't seem like you made a big mistake. I always let my pets do the sentinel-work, but Noel works good as well. You've got a tank, a melee and a ravanger. You're good to go.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I'm stuck. Here's the levels I have open:

003 New Bodhum
005 Bresha Ruins
010 Yaschas Maasif
200 Oerba
01X Yaschas Massif
300 Augusta Tower
??? Void

Last thing I did was 01X Massif, then went to Augusta tower and got the keycard. Now nothing new is unlocked. The guide says I need the card for 200 Augusta but it's not open. Do I have to revisit levels for more gates? Bresha 005 is the only one that shows I have 2 more gates to find but one area there is blocked off (the cells) and I went through the whole other area and found nothing.

Not sure what to do, it's a bit frustrating...

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I really don't remember enough about the order things happen in this game, but maybe this will help:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/619315-final-fantasy-xiii-2/answers?qid=313267

Return to the Bresha Ruins 005AF.

If you remember (and even if you don't), when the battle with the Bresha Boss completed, there were two brief scenes (among several) that showed small "things" appearing in mid air.

The first "thing" appeared in the corner of the cemetary and turned out to be the Eclipse Artefact that allowed you to go to Yaschas Massif 010AF.

The second "thing" appeared behind a grated doorway. It will turn out to be the Reunion Artefact that will allow you to go to Sunleth Waterscape 300AF. If you haven't found it yet, start in the cemetary and walk back toward the Paddorean Archaeopolis to see the gate to your right. Moogle find will get the artefact for you.

Once equipped with the artefact, go back to the "shiney gate" near Chocolina - herself located in the pillared courtyard area of the ruins.

"Shiney gate" is not what you want - the path to the other gate is through the tunnel mouth you see in the distance. Enter the tunnel and follow it to its end. Look around to see the gate you want, use the Reunion Artefact, and off you go.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Hmm I think I have those but I'll give it a shot. The guides are hard to follow for this since you can do a lot of levels in any order.

Thanks for the tip.

I JUST finished the game... I have a slight idea of the plot, but WTF, who wrote this? The story is so out there and there are so many stupid game design choices... But I enjoyed the gameplay. Also how the hell did this get a 40/40 by Famitsu? This is nowhere near a "perfect game".

Yuripaw

Banned
So I've been finally playing this again for the past few days. I never finished it my first time playing it, and I got pretty far, but I lost that save...so recently I restarted it, and am still having a pretty good time playing it. Kinda could use some advice though if anyone is looking here.

I remembered from my last time playing that Chocobos were pretty powerful at their respective classes, and so I've finally caught all the Chocobos I want for my party lineups for now. Got a Blue, Green, Red, and Purple. They're all still pretty low level though, and I need materials to level them up more. What's an ideal way to get the materials needed to level them all up pretty fast? I know I can buy some of that stuff from Chobolina, but I'll run out of money fast if I only go that route.

Top Bottom