• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 TGS News Thread [New Details, One Disc On 360]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
benzy said:
I wish the game had brighter and more vivid colors. Everything including the lighting so far looks so drab. :(
The screens that was shown to us a couple of weeks ago were very colorful and beautiful
500(?) years back in time

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
duckroll said:
That's an extract from the Xbox360 FFXIII-2 TGS trailer. From what I read, it's a complete full length trailer with different footage from the PS3 trailer.

I want to see it T.T (and at the same time I don't wanna, spoilers >.<')

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Transcript of the second TGS PV:

Much like the PS3 version, the Xbox PV begins with an event scene.

Kaias, the man with the purple hair and dark sword, readies his weapon and says, “Beautiful pain; let the feast begin.” The red stone in the sword’s handle starts to make a sound like something is breaking open. The sword becomes surrounded by a purple mist. The man waves the sword, pointing it upward and then swinging it down. He then jumps into the sky.

Lightning, wearing mysterious armor, appears. She’s slashing her sword horizontally, with feathers flying everywhere.

With his back to Serah, Noel starts to speak, “We were born during a period of destruction. I was the last child left behind. All of my comrades died one by one, and when I was the last remaining survivor, I knew that I wasn’t able to fulfill everyone’s wishes.”

Kaias and the girl with the veil, known as Yuru, are at a gate. Kaias says, “Is the dawn visible?” Yuru replies, “…depends on the heart… of the two.”

Some kind of interface system is on screen, search Lightning’s arm. On her left arm, a l’Cie mark(?) is detected.

Somewhere in a developed metropolitan area, people in front of Noel and Serah begin emitting light. Continuously, one by one they become Cie’th. Kaias appears behind Noel and Serah, warning them, “You two are the spear and shield [conflict and dilemma]. I will have to make you disappear.”

Yuru points to Serah and says, “You and I are the same… You will surely be guided.”

Noel, through the crack in time and space (?) moves toward Serah and says, “Every time we cross the gate, I’m sure we’re getting closer and closer to Lightning. Believe this, now.”

Many battle scenes in different places now appear, including caith sith and chocobo QTEs.

Noel readies his sword and shouts, “Give up, Kaias!”
Kaias, “Sorry to tell you, unfortunately this body cannot die!”

Somewhere in a facility, there’s machinery surrounding a room.
Yuru says, “Beyond death, encompassing all memory of all time, he, Kais will definitely never die.”
In shock, Noel replies, “His body can’t die?!”

Slicing her sword downward, Lightning appears riding Sleipnir. This scene is in CG.
Kaias yells, “Shout the joy of the battle!” Swinging his sword toward the ground, he dashes forward. Lightning jumps upward to dodge.

Kaias remarks, “Impressive.”
Lightning, “Stop fooling around.”

The two move toward each other, and their swords clash.

Noel holds the girl that fainted.
Yuru, “If I live, time will be in dilemma.” In front of them, Serah is crying. “For us to activate the Paradox, Yuru became the substitute…”

In a barren place, Kaias looks at Noel standing with one of his hands on the ground. Kaias swings his sword and stabs Noel in the back.

Noel falls in place with blood flowing.

The trailer ends with the FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 logo, and release date of December 15, 2011.

As much as I liked the idea behind the vanille/fang story and ending in ff13 (just that, everything else about the story was awful), the rest of the game was terribad, ALL SE voice acting has been god awful in english versions for many years, and they haven't made a half decent rpg since the merger.

Not going to fall for it this time...

Zoe

jiggle said:
what is up with this game giving male characters girl names
hope
yuna
and now kaias

What male character is named Yuna, and since when is Kaias (which may not be the correct spelling) a girl's name?

xion4360

jiggle said:
hope
yuna
and now kaias

Yuna is a female name but I dont know of any male FF character who has it.. Hope and Kaias are gender neutral.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
jiggle said:
hope
yuna
and now kaias

Isn't Snow a girl's name?

Droplet

xion4360 said:
Yuna is a female name but I dont know of any male FF character who has it.. Hope and Kaias are gender neutral.

I think he was just confusing Noel and Yuna. It's understandable considering the two are basically long lost twins!

MooMoo said:
Only a mom that's tough would give their son a female name like Snow!

I think there's something wrong here.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Perfo said:
Wait a sec.
Blood? Is there blood in this FF too now?

Welcome to 1997.

I think the Lightning Edition hardware bundle might go on sale at some import shops tomorrow... Square-Enix is opening their own stuff for it in about 12 hours.

Dragon

Banned
xion4360 said:

Hope is much more likely to be a male name in the United States at least.

Perfo

Kagari said:
Welcome to 1997.

Yeah, you're right. I realized it later, even in XIII there's blood. It's all the talk about Versus or Type-0 having blood that confused me on this :D

My damn memory!

Anyway, they still have to announce a limited soundtrack edition, I'm really interested in buying that.

Perfo

Shadow780 said:
Being once young and dandy, first time watching Midgar Zolom's corpse was rather scary.

Yes, it was rather violent at that time. Also in the Shin-ra Building where Sephiroth passed by.

DiipuSurotu said:
I think the talk about Versus and Type-0 is because these games supposedly have blood during battles too, rather than only the exploration screen and cutscenes.

Yes, probably. But lately Versus lost "blood" right? At least in the January build.

I think the talk about Versus and Type-0 is because these games supposedly have blood during battles too, rather than only the exploration screen and cutscenes.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Shadow780 said:
Being once young and dandy, first time watching Midgar Zolom's corpse with all the blood was rather scary.
This shit still brings the chills all over my body.

SneakyStephan said:
ALL SE voice acting has been god awful in english versions for many years, and they haven't made a half decent rpg since the merger.

The VA in XIII was fine, it's just the voice direction and dialogue that are lame.

Londa said:
I welcome this.

Too bad it wasn't Snow and his crappy haircut.

.la1n

Fimbulvetr said:
The VA in XIII was fine, it's just the voice direction and dialogue that are lame.

Too bad it wasn't Snow and his crappy haircut.

I enjoyed all the voice acting in XIII, much better than most of the voice over work we get elsewhere lately.

Perfo

Fimbulvetr said:

Mostly this. I don't think the voice direction was bad at all this time. I think most of the times people are just crazy for japanese stuff and spits on everything that isn't original. FFXII and FFXIII had some real good english voice acting. Then, we can all agree that for example Star Ocean 4 didn't. People should stop saying "it's not japanese voices, UGLY!" without even trying to listen at all the different cases.

I would probably pay way over the odds for some costumes that didn't look as stupid as the current designs (especially Snow and Serah), but god knows any DLC will probably be even worse.

Dunan

Perfo said:
Mostly this. I don't think the voice direction was bad at all this time. I think most of the times people are just crazy for japanese stuff and spits on everything that isn't original. FFXII and FFXIII had some real good english voice acting. Then, we can all agree that for example Star Ocean 4 didn't. People should stop saying "it's not japanese voices, UGLY!" without even trying to listen at all the different cases.

I too liked FFXIII's voice acting.

And FFXII's English voice acting is so far ahead of the Japanese original that I can't see myself ever playing the Japanese original again.

Though the main difference is in the gameplay, still today the original FFXIII can be had for Y500-1000 easily, whereas the English-voiced IZJS goes for up to Y4000. For me the biggest difference is the awesome English voicing.

@DieSquirrelDie - Me too. Serah looks awful compared to her great FFXIII look. But I'm not paying a penny for in-game costume changes.

Zoe

Dunan said:
And FFXII's English voice acting is so far ahead of the Japanese original that I can't see myself ever playing the Japanese original again.

Does the Japanese version have the same shitty compression on the voices?

Zoe said:
Does the Japanese version have the same shitty compression on the voices?

You will cringe when you hear Japanese Larsa.

You know how English Larsa sounds both naive and sophisticated at the same time?

Japanese Larsa sounds like a moron. Completely failed to get across how intelligent the character is.

I'm not really upset about the DLC thing because, frankly, DLC could've fixed several of the problems with FF13, if not all of them.

Toth

badcrumble said:
I'm not really upset about the DLC thing because, frankly, DLC could've fixed several of the problems with FF13, if not all of them.

I believe that they said the game wasn't designed to incorporate DLC. Was a real shame too since they could have easily added more hunts and maybe additional areas.

Reveirg

I encourage everyone who's not familiar with Mitsuto Suzuki to listen to his solo album "In My Own Backyard".

He's a truly creative and fantastic composer, I can't wait to hear his part of the XIII-2 OST. In addition to Hamauzu, this makes for an incredible sound team.

I can hear a bit of one of the themes in FFXIII in that Missing Link track, right at the beginning.

The track in question from XIII is called Miracles.

Reveirg

brandonh83 said:
I can hear a bit of one of the themes in FFXIII in that Missing Link track, right at the beginning.

The track in question from XIII is called Miracles.

Can't seem to find Miracles on the FFXIII OST, we might have different translations. Which track/CD?

jimmypython

changeable weapons, confirmed!

e509dd2cc5493f2cc930bcb603b9083eaabe7f31.jpg

Zoe

I actually like Penelo's Japanese voice.

Fran was a total letdown though. Not that the acting was bad, but the English version added so much more by giving her a different accent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom