• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 TGS News Thread [New Details, One Disc On 360]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

Dunno if anyone knows this or not yet, but the second horse Light appears to be riding is Sleipnir. Nobody knows why she can interact with more than one, besides being an Etro protector and all.

duckroll

[UPDATE] Unfortunately we are having some technical difficulties with the trailers right now, but we will have these added back to this post as soon as they are ready!

LOL!

[UPDATE] Unfortunately we are having some technical difficulties with the trailers right now, but we will have these added back to this post as soon as they are ready!

Hahahahahahaaha!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
miladesn said:
https://member.eu.square-enix.com/en/blogs/final-fantasy-xiii-2-trailers-release-date-and-more

they've uploaded both trailers xD but Square Enix is blocking for copyright xDDD
That's amazing...
KuGsj.gif

neoism

Serah’s story will have downloadable content. Producer Yoshinori Kitase said at Tokyo Game Show they are making downloadable costumes, monsters, and weapons for Final Fantasy XIII-2. Seems like some DLC will be pre-order bonuses, Lawson, a chain of convenience stores will give players a downloadable content code as a bonus.

:(

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I think I saw a cityscape in the 1080p trailer during a fight scene. I hope there's a "town" portion.

Droplet

Is it Liam O'Brien? My speaker quality is a bit off but it sounds like him.

Lips aren't synced by the way! Don't rag on that of all things!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
salromano said:
You saw that girl on the floor? How her lips didn't move, yet words came out of them.

She must have been a Mage.

They slapped the English track overtop of the JP videos. lol

duckroll

The lip sync feels really off, but I really like the English track. The song's pretty good too. I might wait a month and just play this in English instead. It'll be nice not to have to hear Maaya as Lightning!

Seda

Droplet said:
Is it Liam O'Brien? My speaker quality is a bit off but it sounds like him.

Lips aren't synced by the way! Don't rag on that of all things!

Yeah it's him.

On that note, I just beat Valkyrie Profile 2 and he was absolutely great as Lezard. Totally different voice though so I didn't catch it right away.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
salromano said:
That song is ... I don't like it very much at all. Then again, that isn't my style of music to listen to. Also, audio mixing in this one seems off. I can hear the song more than the VA at times (iirc, this happened with the English FFXIII trailer for that Leona Lewis song as well).

The dialogue is laughable, but it doesn't help that some of the VA is just as laughable. Hope's more "mature" voice made me chuckle.

Er. Is that Liam O'Brien as Kaias?! English Version Day 1.

duckroll

English voices >>>>>> Japanese voices.

Also, both of those trailers are the same, and neither is the Xbox360 trailer! :lol

Pooya

duckroll said:
The lip sync feels really off, but I really like the English track. The song's pretty good too. I might wait a month and just play this in English instead. It'll be nice not to have to hear Maaya as Lightning!

I think this is just the Japanese video (see the battle menus) with English audio mixed without lip syncing. some of the FF13 trailer were like this, lip syncing in the game was great.

duckroll

miladesn said:
I think this is just the Japanese video (see the battle menus) with English audio mixed without lip syncing. some of the FF13 trailer were like this, lip syncing in the game was great.

Oh, cool. Good to know. I didn't play FFXIII in English. I'm even more pumped now! :D

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Yeah, I'm convinced this used to be Chrono Break. They probably want "Chrono Break" to sell well so they had to slap the name Final Fantasy to it.

Styles

Thought both trailers were the same, didn't realise they have an english version for the ps3 trailer. The va in the 'promise' trailer was much better. The less of Kaias' voice I hear the better.

duckroll

ULTROS! said:
Yeah, I'm convinced this used to be Chrono Break. They probably want "Chrono Break" to sell well so they had to slap the name Final Fantasy to it.

What? This is clearly the sequel to FFXIII. Why would it have anything to do with Chrono?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Liam O'Brien <3

ULTROS! said:
Ultros... don't make me mad.
KuGsj.gif

duckroll

After watching the 360 trailer I feel like I can almost guess the entire story. Goddamn Toriyama. Don't you have better tricks up your sleeve? Seriously. :(

Kagari said:
JPSN downloading faster than Square's FTP :D

S-E making budget cuts already? :(

Pooya

duckroll said:
After watching the 360 trailer I feel like I can almost guess the entire story. Goddamn Toriyama. Don't you have better tricks up your sleeve? Seriously. :(

that girl gives me The 3rd Birthday vibes :(

duckroll

miladesn said:
that girl gives me The 3rd Birthday vibes :(

What I really hate about Toriyama's stories for his sequels is that they ALWAYS pull the same gimmick. FFX-2 and FFXIIRW both had the "tragic doomed love story between two people across time and space" story, and it looks like he's pulling that out for FFXIII-2 as well. It's really.... bad. :/

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
duckroll said:
What I really hate about Toriyama's stories for his sequels is that they ALWAYS pull the same gimmick. FFX-2 and FFXIIRW both had the "tragic doomed love story between two people across time and space" story, and it looks like he's pulling that out for FFXIII-2 as well. It's really.... bad. :/
Yeah, after watching those trailers, they seem to cement his status as a one-trick pony, I guess.

I hope that keeping my bar set really low with regards to this game's narrative will deliver some surprises, but I'm not holding my breath (especially after watching that X360 trailer)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom