• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII | The Official Import Thread

CloudV

おつかれー Awesome layout, and building up my hype for next week. I sure hope Amazon Japan does release day delivery!

KTallguy

Banned
CloudV said:
おつかれー Awesome layout, and building up my hype for next week. I sure hope Amazon Japan does release day delivery!

Reserve it at Bic or Lawson :)

I paid 7890 by reserving at Lawson. I don't know where you can get it for cheaper!

Acosta

Nice thread, congratulations. I guess I'll keep an eye the first days to check for early impressions and get into blockade until march or I will do something stupid as importing.

CloudV

KTallguy said:
Reserve it at Bic or Lawson :)

I paid 7890 by reserving at Lawson. I don't know where you can get it for cheaper!

I noticed that the conbini's dropped the price even more the last couple of weeks but Amazon Japan was cheaper, 7,387 yen, with free shipping. Looks like they've stopped pre-orders now though, all that's left is marketplace stores trying to sell it for 10,500 yen(!)

Fakto

Waah ! first time that I understant everything about the FFXIII background, so well explained in so few lines.
Thanks Kagari, well done !

This thread makes me want to import the game but I can only read 4 words in Japanese. I guess that would seriously hamper my playing experience, huh?

bomb_jack

Slackbladder said:
This thread makes me want to import the game but I can only read 4 words in Japanese. I guess that would seriously hamper my playing experience, huh?

I don't know a single word of Japanese and I'm still importing.

FFFUUUUUUUUUU.......

I absolutely have to go preorder this somewhere. Any certain stores giving out any good swag with the preorder?

Althoran

Excellent OP.
Also very informative since I didn't read everything in the other thread.
So this seems like a bit of a merge between the good things from X (leveling system) and XII (hunts + gambits) and some new stuff.

Very excited about it now. Still not going to import though. I need to clear a bit of my backlog.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm considering importing. I'd probably enjoy the game more if I didn't have to put up with the story, to be honest.

I love mystery of playing games I can't understand, and slowly becoming familiar with all the menu items through muscle-memory alone. It's weird.

I guess it will depend entirely on how intricate and understandable the system is when using a basic English interface guide.

hamchan

Great thread.
Not enough dough to buy anymore games until next year so I might as well wait until march to play it. I'll be jealously lurking this thread for impressions :p

Aspiring

This is THE most beautiful Thread i have ever seen in my life. I want the game sooo badly but dont have the slightest clue about the Lapanese language. Still, this thread makes me want to import. Beautiful.

Virro

Should just change the thread title to "FINAL FANTASY XIII THREAD OF MOST BEAUTIFUL OP". Seriously great job, Kagari.

Not gonna import as of now, the NA release can't come soon enough.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
DeathNote said:
Will the story have english subtitles?
Why do people keep asking this question about jp tiltes? if it did, they would probably make a huge deal about it in the OP.:p

bomb_jack

Hmm I ordered mine from renchi.com and the fedex tracking number they gave me says this.

Anticipated ship date

Dec 10, 2009

Estimated delivery

Dec 16, 2009 by 6:00 PM

Surely this can't be right?

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Thanks for making the thread.

Play-asia sent me a coupon code yesterday - just ordered my copy.

Kinda hope it doesn't get here until January...got too much to do until then.

Great thread mate, highly impressive!

Does anyone know why the bundle version uses the european box art? I was hoping it was going to be the lightning riding Odin one so I wouldn't have 2 FFXIII's that look pretty much the same.

DMeisterJ

Banned
This feels like the KZ2 launch...

After so much time, it's finally coming to pass. Shame I won't be playing it for a few more months.

Hobbun

I am not too excited for this game like the rest of you are with some of the decisions the FF XIII team have made, but I did want to say you’ve done a wonderful job on the OP, Kagari.

Times like these, I wish I knew Japanese.

Speaking of which, how do non-Japanese-speaking players get through the game? Are there translations readily available online somewhere?

thanks for explaining the Battle system Kagari!!

sounds great and lets hope that you also can Chain enemies like in FF12, and if you chain a lot you get special drops :)

Top Bottom