• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII | The Official Import Thread

this game.. it's really coming out? tell me, is it true?

ever since it was announced.. it's been so long... i feel like i am a different person from what i was back then.. i was so young and naive...

lunlunqq

"I must NOT import this!!! My Japanese is not good enough to enjoy this game. It's a waste of money..." *Tells this to myself x 10000!!!!

Can someone kindly provide some info on where to import these FFXIII goodies please? Not just the game, the poster, OST, drinks, everything.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
I forgot the game has trophies! I'd love some trophies to be acquired by getting a hard to find item or really tough sidequest boss.

mr stroke

I am curious if anyone is importing this game with out knowing any Japanese? I want to give it a shot but I can't imagine it being a fun experience with out understanding anything( are there translations on the internet that I am missing?)

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
lunlunqq said:
"I must NOT import this!!! My Japanese is not good enough to enjoy this game. It's a waste of money..." *Tells this to myself x 10000!!!!

Can someone kindly provide some info on where to import these FFXIII goodies please? Not just the game, the poster, OST, drinks, everything.
Play-asia is generally good for all different type of stuff.
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-19-71-99-15-final+fantasy+xiii.html

Teetris said:
I forgot the game has trophies! I'd love some trophies to be acquired by getting a hard to find item or really tough sidequest boss.

yeah, i'm excited about trying to platinum it too :p (yes i know "to platinum" is not a real verb)

i think it's a given that it will have some very hard bosses to beat, and trophies for those. if not, then well.. that'd be pretty stupid from SE.

this will probably be the first FF game that i will try to complete 100%. i always seem to leave one or two things undone :( trophies might be just that extra incentive for me to go all the way. now that i think about it though, im pretty sure i did everything possible in FFVII...

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Teetris said:
it sounds like it will work like this:

bronze trophies = playing/beating the game
silver trophies = standard sidequests/alternative results
gold trophies = rare items, final summons, ultimate weapons, etc

at least everything I have read makes it sound like that.

edit - I would also guess that there will be the standard collection trophies/achievements in there as well for silver and gold.. hopefully nothing stupid like "complete game without restarting battle" or anything dumb like that.

mr stroke said:
I am curious if anyone is importing this game with out knowing any Japanese? I want to give it a shot but I can't imagine it being a fun experience with out understanding anything( are there translations on the internet that I am missing?)
There will be, FF-XIII.net are doing some sort of translation project i think, with videos etc And then there'll be the usual places with translations and stuff

Teetris said:
They've confirmed already that there are rare items etc and some that upgrade your weapons from side quests, and also said there are mobs much harder than the final boss to be fought
Story trophies are only bronze, so add this all together and you get what you're asking for :D

TheExodu5

Banned
I think I'm gonna jump on the soundtrack as well. Anyone have a spare Play-asia coupon for a $50 purchase? :)

Why does Play-Asia never send me coupons. :(

TheExodu5 said:
I think I'm gonna jump on the soundtrack as well. Anyone have a spare Play-asia coupon for a $50 purchase? :)

Why does Play-Asia never send me coupons. :(

haven't checked my email to bother if they sent out coupons. someone has to bump up the playasia coupon thread!

EDIT: Check pm.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
astroturfing said:
this will probably be the first FF game that i will try to complete 100%. i always seem to leave one or two things undone :( trophies might be just that extra incentive for me to go all the way. now that i think about it though, im pretty sure i did everything possible in FFVII...
Truf, I got close with FF8 but forgot a few things and gave up when I got too far. If platinum really is acquired by doing everything 100% then this'll be my first too.

borghe said:
it sounds like it will work like this:

bronze trophies = playing/beating the game
silver trophies = standard sidequests/alternative results
gold trophies = rare items, final summons, ultimate weapons, etc

at least everything I have read makes it sound like that.

edit - I would also guess that there will be the standard collection trophies/achievements in there as well for silver and gold.. hopefully nothing stupid like "complete game without restarting battle" or anything dumb like that.
Awesome, agree on the last point. Hate those achievements :/

BlazingDarkness said:
They've confirmed already that there are rare items etc and some that upgrade your weapons from side quests, and also said there are mobs much harder than the final boss to be fought
Yay!

JORMBO

Darkness no more
mr stroke said:

I think most of us importing don't know Japanese or don't know it well. It'll be a lot slower then playing through it in English, but I'm just going to play with a translation guide open on my laptop.

Diablos

Awesome thread, Kagari!

I am so sad that I have to wait until March. I won't even be working for a week and 12/17 would have been perfect. It hurts. I hope all of you JP gaffers/importers enjoy this game. Put in an extra hour for me :D

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
lunlunqq said:
hehe, he was actually singing in Mandarin. But the audio quality is too poor and I can't tell what he was singing.

Oh! I figured since it seemed to be in HK it was Cantopop.

But srsly what? The dude is like cosplaying as Snow at some official FFXIII event there! :lol

B.K. said:

Oh yeah! I'll see if they know what day they're getting it in. Thanks!

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
that boxed soundtrack set looks gorgeous... thinking about picking it up if anyone can spare a play asia coupon :)

inner-G

Banned
So, sooo tempted to import.

Alas, my money will be better spent buying presents for people, but I'll be there day 1 in March.

Yama

Great job, so much hype! Have everything on order, can't wait to get it in already. I can't believe this moment has finally come, playing the demo right now in anticipation. :D

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I'll be there, but since NCSX isn't going to ship until the 17th or the 18th I won't be getting the game until the Monday at best. Unless some French import shop gets it by then and I'll just go and pay whatever insane price they'll ask :/
DjMizuhara will be able to do videos as usual though, contrary to what I thought. But I guess I won't be posting them in this thread ;)

lunlunqq

Interesting! According to the scans. Vanilla's name is actually "Oerba Dia Vanilla." So she shares the same family name with Fang "Oerba Yun Fang." This is new to me.

edit: and I can't believe someone already got it... and put it on ebay...

techuda-img600x450-1260486711tvcheu37265.jpg

Aokage

lunlunqq said:
Interesting! According to the scans. Vanilla's name is actually "Oerba Dia Vanilla." So she shares the same family name with Fang "Oerba Yun Fang." This is new to me.

edit: and I can't believe someone already got it... and put it on ebay...

techuda-img600x450-1260486711tvcheu37265.jpg

On Yahoo! Japan Auctions too. I guess the bundles shipped to distributors early, which makes sense since they're much larger than the Blu-ray cases alone.

I only pray it doesn't lead to mass spoilertons on 2ch and the like in the coming days.

intheinbetween said:
yessss!! :D

btw, I thought it was 720p except for the videos

Realtime stuff renders in 720p but S-E is rocking some rad upscaling tech to 1080p for output. Everyone always said PS3 could only do horizontal scaling, but I guess stuff like XIII and NG Sigma 2 are proving there are workarounds.

Aokage

MrDenny said:
Seems FFXIII development began after FFX-2 international.
Hanged Edge looked completely different compared to the current version.
They used Yuna as a place holder model.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2009/12/12/ffxiii_ps2/

Whoa, I always assumed the PS2 version of XIII was a fair ways along, based on comments from Kitase. But they didn't even have any characters yet?!

Nonetheless I'd kill to see what Hanged Edge was looking like on the Double.

I'm tempted to crack open the shrinkwrap on my World Preview... but no! No! I must remain pure!

Kagari's fantastic OP forced me into buying the import version again after canceling my pre-order recently. Simply beautiful! :D

I only have 2 semesters of Japanese under my belt so I am sure the majority of it will go over my head. But immersing myself in this game should at least help me stay fresh till next semester. I have beaten FF I, II, III, IV (SFC and DS), V, VI, VII, VIII, and IX in Japanese with limited knowledge of the language, so this one shouldn't be too much of an issue. Its going to be an awesome Christmas!

B.K.

Aokage said:
On Yahoo! Japan Auctions too. I guess the bundles shipped to distributors early, which makes sense since they're much larger than the Blu-ray cases alone.

I only pray it doesn't lead to mass spoilertons on 2ch and the like in the coming days.

It's just a week away. There are probably a lot of retailers that have already received their shipments of the game.

Zoe

GrumpyAlien said:
Kagari's fantastic OP forced me into buying the import version again after canceling my pre-order recently. Simply beautiful! :D

I only have 2 semesters of Japanese under my belt so I am sure the majority of it will go over my head. But immersing myself in this game should at least help me stay fresh till next semester. I have beaten FF I, II, III, IV (SFC and DS), V, VI, VII, VIII, and IX in Japanese with limited knowledge of the language, so this one shouldn't be too much of an issue. Its going to be an awesome Christmas!

If you haven't already tried it, Toro Station makes for good practice too (and it's free).

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Best OP ever.

First time I read about the game's background, also. Now onto my Final Fantasy XIII media blackout until March.

Edit: I'm really tempted to get that LE OST. How limited is it?

Zoe said:
If you haven't already tried it, Toro Station makes for good practice too (and it's free).

Thanks, you mean the Japanese PSN game with the cat right? I forgot I even downloaded it onto my PS3 a while ago, but never bothered to set my clock to play it. Will check it out for a lil' practice in the meantime.

Zoe

GrumpyAlien said:
Thanks, you mean the Japanese PSN game with the cat right? I forgot I even downloaded it onto my PS3 a while ago, but never bothered to set my clock to play it. Will check it out for a lil' practice in the meantime.

You don't need to set your clock to Japanese time to play it, just make sure your time is correct for your time zone (daylight savings, sync to internet, etc). If it's been a long time though, you'll need to download the new weekly version from the store.

Hopefully they'll do a FFXIII blowout on next week's show...

rykomatsu

Aokage said:

on 2ch? inevitable :p

Spoiler spammers post in a lot of non-FF related threads there :/

Zoe said:
Hopefully they'll do a FFXIII blowout on next week's show...

Can check...this week's news and previews should already be up :p

Top Bottom