• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII | The Official Import Thread

lupinko

TheExodu5 said:
So what do you thinks the odds are that I actually get this next week with FedEx shipping? Ontario, Canada.

=\

Well unlike others in this thread, I can help you with this
since I am in this industry

If you use the FedEx IP service from Play-asia because of the time difference, it should be overnight going from Hong Kong to Ontario. That is pretty much guaranteed providing there aren't 1) weather delays (since you live in Ontario and it is December, you can put two and two together, although if you live in Greater Toronto you should be fine for the most part) 2) customs delay (but given the commodity it's not likely anyway). Since it is December, I'd say #1 would cause more of a delay, but at the very most, it would just be 1 day.

lol because of this thread and my friend, I preordered the FFXIII OST LIMITED EDITION, I went with Amazon.jp because they had the best preorder price.

Wow, great thread! I'm not going to import since I can't read Japanese, but I'm jealous of everyone that can. This is my most anticipated game by far, and waiting til March while avoiding all the spoilers is gonna be really hard.

Chris R

Wish I would have continued taking Japanese at college :( I'd want to import this so damn badly, but only being able to understand a few words at most now would not be good :lol

Too bad SE didn't decided to do WW releases for this game like they will be doing in the future :(

TheExodu5

Banned
lupinko said:
Well unlike others in this thread, I can help you with this
since I am in this industry

If you use the FedEx IP service from Play-asia because of the time difference, it should be overnight going from Hong Kong to Ontario. That is pretty much guaranteed providing there aren't 1) weather delays (since you live in Ontario and it is December, you can put two and two together, although if you live in Greater Toronto you should be fine for the most part) 2) customs delay (but given the commodity it's not likely anyway). Since it is December, I'd say #1 would cause more of a delay, but at the very most, it would just be 1 day.

lol because of this thread and my friend, I preordered the FFXIII OST LIMITED EDITION, I went with Amazon.jp because they had the best preorder price.

Awesome.

Ottawa, so my odds are a little worse, but hopefuly the weather is good!

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
rhfb said:
Too bad SE didn't decided to do WW releases for this game like they will be doing in the future :(

That wouldn't change anything for us, it just means the Japanese wouldn't get to play it until March either.

RpgN

Great OP kagari!

If everything goes according to plan I'll be importing this as well and will receive a week after its release. So what does the limited edition contain? Sorry, I have been on media black-out lately to avoid spoilers. *very excited*

Shouta

Haha, Sofmap sent an email out because their website is saying "Preparing to ship" and everyone started getting giddy. They said it was just because they're sending out a ton of stuff packages and they're prepping it early to get it all sent out properly. Just though I'd share. :lol

duckroll

Shouta said:
Haha, Sofmap sent an email out because their website is saying "Preparing to ship" and everyone started getting giddy. They said it was just because they're sending out a ton of stuff packages and they're prepping it early to get it all sent out properly. Just though I'd share. :lol

So basically they sent out a mass email to everyone with orders going "don't count on us breaking street date"? :lol

jcm said:
Is the Lightning bundle available for import anywhere? Do we know how many they made?

Not too sure how many made, the word is very limited tho, every store got 1 console bundle for every 100 copies of the actual game they bought.

Also only a TRUE man can admit they like the colour pink! (not inviting my friends around anymore tho when mine arrives...)

Does anyone know where I can download that music from the TGS trailer (the japanese one) which can be heard in the 2nd half of the trailer.

I really like it.

I'm sure Kagari and the others who helped with the OP have heard enough of this but it looks great, awesome job.

I can't wait for impressions(mainly on the battle system) from importers. :D

nextwish

There's a dedicated FF13 preview booth in Causeway Bay Hong Kong. A couple of Sony hired cosplayers out front promoting the game too, the limited edition white PS3 slim looks great, but shame about the pink :(

4179344114_e0f79025f8_b.jpg

nextwish said:
There's a dedicated FF13 preview booth in Causeway Bay Hong Kong. A couple of Sony hired cosplayers out front promoting the game too, the limited edition white PS3 slim looks great, but shame about the pink :(

*image*
Lightning with black hair, nice.

Yeah that chick's hair is way too messy, plus lightning's hair only hangs out in front to the right side.

Her facial expression also feels like Fang's during the tgs trailer.

Bankoiia

Good job on the thread, it alone made me want to import the game. Haven't been a fan since part nine, so spending $120 still hurt a little. :lol

The wonderfully made OP just made me crave the game even more... Have to wait for the EU release, though, which is a bummer. :/

Also, that Lightning PS3 -bundle looks like sex.

Top Bottom