• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII | The Official Import Thread

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
anyone knows what import store usually ships the fastest? I currently have my order placed at play-asia with UPS shipping (most reliable company from experience after trying pretty much all of them) and I am wondering if they usually ship before release date to make sure we have it early or not. I am gonna e-mail them to see if they can actually give me info on that, but in the meantime, does anyone have any suggestions? I saw that post about renchi.com shipping on the 10th with arrival on the 16th. Almost tempted to try it!

If not, what do you guys would suggest from experience?

rykomatsu

evildede said:
anyone knows what import store usually ships the fastest? I currently have my order placed at play-asia with UPS shipping (most reliable company from experience after trying pretty much all of them) and I am wondering if they usually ship before release date to make sure we have it early or not. I am gonna e-mail them to see if they can actually give me info on that, but in the meantime, does anyone have any suggestions? I saw that post about renchi.com shipping on the 10th with arrival on the 16th. Almost tempted to try it!

If not, what do you guys would suggest from experience?

I've never used UPS via play-asia.
EMS, for Thursday releases arrive on the Monday following on the west coast in the US
Fedex for Thursday releases arrive on the Friday of release week on the west coast in the US
^---this is all barring any customs holds and what not.

Tales of Vesperia was shipped on Wed of release week and was in my hands on Thursday US time. Whether they get their games early or not appears to be game dependent. Of the games I've bought, Valkyria Chronicles, BlazBlue, and Tales of Vesperia were all shipped out earlier than release date. The niche games I've bought through there have generally shipped on release date, however.

It took a few days to make that crappy OP?
Nice OP Kagari :p

Enjoy your import guys while I have to wait for the damn NA/EU version to release. =/

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
rykomatsu said:
on 2ch? inevitable :p

Spoiler spammers post in a lot of non-FF related threads there :/

I know all too well... I had the last bosses/intimate details of Lost Odyssey and Vesperia spoiled for me several days before release date thanks to that Godforsaken board >_<

B.K. said:
It's just a week away. There are probably a lot of retailers that have already received their shipments of the game.

Somehow I doubt it. Japan is (geographically) such a small country, games can be shipped nationwide in a day or two. Also, only bundles are on auction sites thus far, no standalone copies.

Not that it matters... even I wouldn't drop $1k on an early Lightning Edition :lol

Kagari rules, did you us photoshop do this, your'e one hardcore square enix supporter i hope FFXIII passes my expectations in the game, no spoiler people!

Link Man

Banned
So, I really haven't been following the game. I have a question about the battle system:

In the OP, it says you control one character at a time. Now, does this mean that you only control one character throughout a battle, like in Persona 3 or a Tales game, or does it mean that your character gets a turn, uses up their ATB guage, and then you give out commands for the next party member, in a fashion similar to FFX?

FacelessSamurai

rykomatsu said:
I've never used UPS via play-asia.
EMS, for Thursday releases arrive on the Monday following on the west coast in the US
Fedex for Thursday releases arrive on the Friday of release week on the west coast in the US
^---this is all barring any customs holds and what not.

Tales of Vesperia was shipped on Wed of release week and was in my hands on Thursday US time. Whether they get their games early or not appears to be game dependent. Of the games I've bought, Valkyria Chronicles, BlazBlue, and Tales of Vesperia were all shipped out earlier than release date. The niche games I've bought through there have generally shipped on release date, however.

I am on East Coast. I'll e-mail play-asia and see what they tell me. I'm hoping I can get it the same week as release.

Feep

Banned
1) Holy shit @ thread

2) What font is that? Can it be obtained for use on my PC?

Edit: Never mind, answered on second page. Sorry.

sciplore

Awesome OP kagari, but now where is the totally useless US info they plan to release every 13 of the month is going to go? :(

I hope to drop the game off my radar until release. I doubt it since it did not work for KH2 but hey I can at say I least tried :lol .

rykomatsu

evildede said:
I am on East Coast. I'll e-mail play-asia and see what they tell me. I'm hoping I can get it the same week as release.

You won't get a response back from play-asia until late Sunday night/early Monday morning your time since p-a.com's already closed for the weekend.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Has there been word on how they're implementing missions? Are they unique fields just for the mission? Are there waypoints?

FacelessSamurai

rykomatsu said:
You won't get a response back from play-asia until late Sunday night/early Monday morning your time since p-a.com's already closed for the weekend.

Yeah, totally forgot about that :lol I'll still mail them anyway and expect my reply on monday.

By the wa, anyone has ordered somewhere and has gotten confirmation that their order has shipped yet?

Can't wait to get my copy. I've just been layed off one week ago and would like to get my hands on this to kill time. I'll also try to stream the game if my gf lets me do it (she says it makes wow lag to the point of being unplayable when I try to stream) and I am trying to get a few friends to come here and play the game with me nonstop for a few days. Should be awesome :D

since the game is preorder and still hasn't shipped. can't you edit the shipping method? i just did with my FFXIII Soundtrack. and just paid the difference. it's using the same order number too!

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
lunlunqq said:
Interesting! According to the scans. Vanilla's name is actually "Oerba Dia Vanilla." So she shares the same family name with Fang "Oerba Yun Fang." This is new to me.

edit: and I can't believe someone already got it... and put it on ebay...

techuda-img600x450-1260486711tvcheu37265.jpg

Any pictures of what's inside yet? Actual photos of all the stuff?

Volcynika

Not sure if mentioned, but a Facebook status update:

Distant Worlds: music from FINAL FANTASY Counting down...24 hours from now the doors open at the Rosemont Theatre - Join us in the lobby at 7pm - Square Enix has a new video preview of FFXIII - on display before the show

Cool for people like KAGARI who gets to go :(

neoism

Similar to the Sphere Grid from Final Fantasy X, the Crystarium System is used to advance character growth within the game.
Crystarium Points (CP) are earned with each battle and can be spent on anything from stat increases to magic spells.
The Crystarium System is used to build a characters roles. Once you select a role that you want to advance, CP earned from battles is then used to increase it. Think of the roles as 'levels.' Once you progress to the center of each role chart, that role will then 'level up' and the character will advance to a higher chart.
Characters also have a Crystarium level based on story progression, so there will be maximum level caps for each role.
So does anyone know if you can max every role first play through. I always play FF's once, and do everything possible..:lol :lol

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Question about the battle system mentioned in the OP. Are you able to stop the other two NPCs and issue manual commands like in XII, or can you only change their Optima?

Rpgmonkey

Nice OP.

Luckily I have a lot of stuff to do before March, and I can't import it anymore anyway.

Only spoilers I'm interested in are extra bosses. I can wait until next month for everything else.

TheExodu5

Banned
So what do you thinks the odds are that I actually get this next week with FedEx shipping? Ontario, Canada.

=\

Til' then, I'm going to play another FF. I've played FF6 and FF7 too much, FF8 is bad, I don't know where my FF9 disc is, so my choices are basically FF10-2 and FF12 (10 is too cutscene heavy). I'll be playing on the PS2 emulator for full HD glory.

The first track (Final Fantasy XIII Prelude) of the OST is so epic it's sending chills down my spine. Only one week remaining!!!! Don't let me down PlayAsia.

grafcheyne said:
The first track (Final Fantasy XIII Prelude) of the OST is so epic it's sending chills down my spine. Only one week remaining!!!! Don't let me down PlayAsia.

yeah it's great, OST is amazing so far.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Asian version, huh.

Rpgmonkey said:
Nice OP.

Luckily I have a lot of stuff to do before March, and I can't import it anymore anyway.

Only spoilers I'm interested in are extra bosses. I can wait until next month for everything else.

Fix your PS3, yo.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Beautiful OP, I'll be reading the initial impressions from the importers for a bit, then promptly bailing out. Once again, beautiful OP, I expected no less.

joesmokey

Awesome thread Kagari! I can't believe the game is finally coming out soon. I wish I could import it and understand what was going on :(.

Disappointed the soundtrack isn't released until the end of January D:.

FacelessSamurai

I was looking on ebay and some sellers from Hong Kong are saying they will be shipping their copies on the 15th so their might be hope for us importing it to get it before weeks end!

Very nice OP, props for the hard work to all involved. I must say, this game has dropped off of my radar after information for it stopped popping up in the mainstream press and started appearing in the form of scans and fan translations of said scans. The OP was my first actual glimpse at what the game is about and what it offers beyond playing the demo and knowing a few of the character's names. I'll be keeping an eye on the impressions as this thread develops though. I'm hoping that Square delivers the goods :D

Top Bottom