• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII | The Official Import Thread

Majmun

This will be my first and probably last post in this thread.
Just want to say the OP is great, but has a few (iintentional?) spelling errors in the first few sentences.
I really can't wait for the game.

sinxtanx

Cool thread, really hyped for the game, but since I don't know japanese very well...I'll have to wait a few months(which is good because I am low on money right now). See you in that thread!

-PXG-

This is the first time I've ever been on a media blackout for a game. I have almost no idea what it's about, aside from the main character's names, their summons and playing the demo a few months ago. No way in hell am I going to spoil an FF game. Any other game, sure, but not this.

I had no idea the the leveling system was the like the Sphere Grid. Consider my hype multiplied by 100000000000.

Volcynika

I'd consider importing it, but since I don't understand a lick of Japanese, I don't think I'd be able to figure out how to beat the game :lol

Synless

I want this so bad, I wish I knew Japanese. This is my most wanted game to release this generation. Well, this and Versus.

angelfly

Only six more days until I have this! After the years of waiting it's finally here. Hopefully it won't interfere at all with my studying.

Yay! Can't wait for next week, especially with taking a break from grad school! Good job on the thread. :D

I'll be playing this vicariously through my wife since she's the Japanese speaker. :lol

qcf x2

Wow, I'm a lil envious of you guys for getting to play this in a few days! Will definitely be checking back for impressions.

Meier

Wow, I can't believe this comes out in Japan next week! Snuck up on me. Just a few more months for us, woohoo! *knock on wood*

TheExodu5

Banned
Awesome thread Kagari.

Anxious to play my first import game ever. You guys better help me out!

onken said:
Damn the bundle box-art is so much better, no fair.

North America gets that boxart (though a little zoomed in) in March!

this picture gets me hyped
2rr2tkk.jpg

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
very psyched, but forced to wait til march due to not knowing ANY japanese. very jealous of you guys next week.

God I would kill for them to release the titles here in the states with just a white background and the ff logo ala their Japanese releases. Hope you importers enjoy it, the rest of us schmucks just have another 3 months or so "sigh"

PS, xmb themes please :D

Elios83

Can't wait to read your impressions although I prefer reading impressions of people who have finished the game and that will take a while.

TheExodu5

Banned
Orangepeel said:
God I would kill for them to release the titles here in the states with just a white background and the ff logo ala their Japanese releases. Hope you importers enjoy it, the rest of us schmucks just have another 3 months or so "sigh"

The NA cover is much nicer than that:

928790_68091_front.jpg

First really good FF cover for NA, IMO (though FF XII LE was good as well).

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Say, does anyone in the LA area know where the absolute, uttermost speediest local import shop is? Unfortunately I'm going to be in LA for the XIII release (holidays at home, can you dig), and if there's a chance I might be able to get it locally faster than Play-Asia can ship it to me, I need to seize it.

At least the moms has a nice new Viera plasma and a decent 5.1 setup...

TheExodu5 said:
The NA cover is much nicer than that:

snip

First really good FF cover for NA, IMO (though FF XII LE was good as well).
What? FFX had a GORGEOUS cover. This one's so... bland in comparison. It reminds me of the MGS4 cover that used a CG render of Old Snake instead of the lovely art that all the previous ones had used.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
great OP! i read until "characters" and stopped... don't want to know much going in

godspeed JP players

Top Bottom