• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Beta Phase 3 Impression: Phase 4 August

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris-013

I think me having only 4GB RAM should hold back some of the potential. Oh, and I have a Intel i5 750 @ 2.67GHz. Would've worked better if it was i7 I think? Oh, well. I'm happy with the major increase in performance :)

I'm not sure, I have a Q6600@3.2 + GTX 760 MSI OC + 4 GB DDR2 and my score is :

b52UBxZ.jpg

I think the benchmark is really about the GPU...

LaneDS

I'm not sure, I have a Q6600@3.2 + GTX 760 MSI OC + 4 GB DDR2 and my score is :

b52UBxZ.jpg

I think the benchmark is really about the GPU...

I dunno, I've got a stock 2500K and a 770 and score nearly 11,000 with those settings... CPU factors heavily into performance for XIV. Might try some OC'd 2500K benchmarks later to see what kind of a difference I get.

Is anyone going to stay up late to watch the Live Letter? It's taking place at like 2am my time, so I'm tempted, but... It's be in Japanese anyways, so it's not like I would know what was happening. I think that Reinheart guy is going to try to translate it live, but I dunno. It's very tempting. D;

Khrno

I think me having only 4GB RAM should hold back some of the potential. Oh, and I have a Intel i5 750 @ 2.67GHz. Would've worked better if it was i7 I think? Oh, well. I'm happy with the major increase in performance :)

You have a decent system and the game will run great on it, but Wolven was just being a little bit unfair attributing all the performance to the graphic card.

Changing to 8GB of RAM wouldn't increase that much the performance, it would just allow you to multitask better. A better CPU will do much more for the game, but you are fine as it is. Maybe for next year's DX11 client might be worth to upgrade everything else to take advantage of the new client tho.

omlet

how good was the english VA in 1.0?

It was as good as the emperor's new clothes.

I hope there isn't a way to tell.

There would definitely be discrimination.

PSN names are displayed in-game so there will be a way to tell. At least that's what I'm hearing on beta forums. I didn't notice in phase 3 because I didn't examine many players and when I did it was usually people I knew from 1.x who were playing on PC.

KB/M is my preference for games like this but I don't discriminate against people who play with a controller. I only discriminate against people who are bad at the game. I'll also be adding a PS3 version to my account so I'll have either platform as an option but my serious playing will be done on PC while PS3 will be for, like, laying on the floor for non-combat sessions of crafting or gathering when I don't feel like chatting much.

Khrno

Is anyone going to stay up late to watch the Live Letter? It's taking place at like 2am my time, so I'm tempted, but... It's be in Japanese anyways, so it's not like I would know what was happening. I think that Reinheart guy is going to try to translate it live, but I dunno. It's very tempting. D;

Not me, I'm waking up at midday to watch it tho :p

KB/M is my preference for games like this but I don't discriminate against people who play with a controller. I only discriminate against people who are bad at the game. I'll also be adding a PS3 version to my account so I'll have either platform as an option but my serious playing will be done on PC while PS3 will be for, like, laying on the floor for non-combat sessions of crafting or gathering when I don't feel like chatting much.

I'm sure there will be many people playing the game on PC with a controller anyway, some people just like it that way.

TripleSun

Ill probably end up watching it since I just woke up at 5pm which means I'll be up all night lol and I don't have much going on now any way.

WolvenOne

I don't know man, there is a big gap between the 660 and the 660Ti for example, and we don't what Dvide's other specs are, and if he was coming from a 220 his system must have some years already. You are quite versed on this topic so you should know well that it's not all about the GPU.

Oh, I know. I'm mainly just commenting on a larger, somewhat nonsensical trend I'm seeing. I mean, for example, I'm actually beating out some people with the same GPU but with Haswell i5's(Verses my old Phenom,) while losing out to other people with better CPU's but weaker GPU's, and so on and so forth.

The trend is anything but clear, so the impression I get is that the engine is very finicky about what parts it does and does not like.

Dvide

Banned
You have a decent system and the game will run great on it, but Wolven was just being a little bit unfair attributing all the performance to the graphic card.

Changing to 8GB of RAM wouldn't increase that much the performance, it would just allow you to multitask better. A better CPU will do much more for the game, but you are fine as it is. Maybe for next year's DX11 client might be worth to upgrade everything else to take advantage of the new client tho.

Okay, thanks for the heads up!

Khrno

Goddamn, the Dragoon AF looks stupid on female miqotes... the race and job Im thinking to choose.

EDIT: Well... it looks stupid on all female races.

Don't worry, it's not like the AF will be the best armor anyway.

I just wonder about the AF+1, how will it rank against the CT and LoB armors, or will actually be the best armor after upgrading it somehow in the LoB?

WolvenOne

I dunno, I've got a stock 2500K and a 770 and score nearly 11,000 with those settings... CPU factors heavily into performance for XIV. Might try some OC'd 2500K benchmarks later to see what kind of a difference I get.

Back with the previous benchmark, OCing my Phenom ii x4 965 from 3.4 to 3.8ghz only boosted my score by 150-200pts, it varied from test to test. Going from 3.8 to 4ghz only boosted my score by an 120-140pts on the most recent benchmark.

I might go back and restore my CPU to stock speeds, to see just how much it affects things on the latest benchmark.

Goddamn, the Dragoon AF looks stupid on female miqotes... the race and job Im thinking to choose.

EDIT: Well... it looks stupid on all female races.

Yeah I don't understand why the female DRG AF set has that gaping armorless whole in the center. Perfect spot to have a spear shoved through your gut by the enemy.

What time zone are you in? If its west coast, then that's 5am for me.

LtOrange

Is it possible to dye the AF armor? I would like a lot more of the sets if I could adjust the color.

I guess I am wondering if there are any limitations to the dye system or is everything game.

Khrno

What time zone are you in? If its west coast, then that's 5am for me.

The funny thing is that he has the time wrong.

Letter from the Producer LIVE Part VIII Q&A Updates
At the start of the broadcast, we'll be using this thread to post the Q&A from the Letter from the Producer LIVE Part VIII!

Watch the stream live at: http://www.twitch.tv/finalfantasyxiv

As we'll be updating this thread constantly throughout the event, make sure to reload every so often! We'll be posting the questions that Yoshida answers to Twitter and linking to this thread for the answers. However, please keep in mind that translations won't be occurring in real-time.

Please note that after we create the full Q&A summary, it will be posted in the normal "Letter from the Producer" forum and this thread will be removed. While we will prepare the full Q&A summary after the event, there will not be subtitles made available for the video after the fact.

See you back here at 5 a.m. (PDT) / 8 a.m. (EDT) / 12:00 (GMT)

Khrno

Is it possible to dye the AF armor? I would like a lot more of the sets if I could adjust the color.

I guess I am wondering if there are any limitations to the dye system or is everything game.

AF cannot be dyed, same as some dungeon armors.

Although there is a great variety of colours, I guess most of them are going to be crafted by alchemists since the Dye vendor didn't have them all.

Can we get a time zone break down for the Live Letter?

Letter from the Producer LIVE Part VIII Q&A Updates
At the start of the broadcast, we'll be using this thread to post the Q&A from the Letter from the Producer LIVE Part VIII!

Watch the stream live at: http://www.twitch.tv/finalfantasyxiv

As we'll be updating this thread constantly throughout the event, make sure to reload every so often! We'll be posting the questions that Yoshida answers to Twitter and linking to this thread for the answers. However, please keep in mind that translations won't be occurring in real-time.

Please note that after we create the full Q&A summary, it will be posted in the normal "Letter from the Producer" forum and this thread will be removed. While we will prepare the full Q&A summary after the event, there will not be subtitles made available for the video after the fact.

See you back here at 5 a.m. (PDT) / 8 a.m. (EDT) / 12:00 (GMT)
Central is 7a.m.

DrDogg

Has there been any announcement about new code registration going live again? I have a friend who has a code from phase 3, but never used it. Now she wants in on the beta, but obviously can't register the code at the moment.

Xux

Has there been any announcement about new code registration going live again? I have a friend who has a code from phase 3, but never used it. Now she wants in on the beta, but obviously can't register the code at the moment.
Yeah, the code registration site linked in the e-mail will reopen when Phase 4 starts.

Edit: Forgot about this part: codes sent before the 31st expired on that date.

Trying to decide between these 3:

f4XcigP.png

1r798q8.jpg

VAVowd6.jpg

I'm really leaning towards Fem Galka.

Also, score:

g2NyibO.png

This is with all max settings except the first 4 boxes at the top of the settings are checked. My score jumps by 1300 and fps goes from 65~ to 86 after the changes. Also not sure why it says my card is GT 430. I'm using a 660ti.

Can't wait for P4!

Akuosa

As Xux said, the code registration site linked in the e-mail will reopen when Phase 4 starts, but at least in the email I got it said that the code would expire if not used before the 31 July deadline, and if after that I still wanted to participate in the beta I would have to reapply, so...

Xux

As Xux said, the code registration site linked in the e-mail will reopen when Phase 4 starts, but at least in the email I got it said that the code would expire if not used before the 31 July deadline, and if after that I still wanted to participate in the beta I would have to reapply, so...
Oh yeah, forgot about that part.

Bisonian

Guys I have a friend in the Mountain Time Zone, and I know right? Lawl, mountains. Silly things. But yeah, he wants to watch the show tomorrow, what time would it be? I only saw Eastern, Pacific, and Daylight time zones.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom