• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Beta Phase 3 (PC/PS3) June 14th, New trailer

In regards to monk which was shown on the stream, using a single weapon skill will determine a “form” which will determine the next weapon skill you can use. Additionally, you will be able to link forms together. Depending on the form you can receive a haste effect which will reduce your global cooldown, so by linking a bunch of forms it will really open up possibilities.

1365125046556.jpg

hteng

Banned
I never got close to that level. :-(

if you don't have much to lose i dont see any issues starting anew. You get the benefit of exploring everything from scratch and i think the economy on a fresh server will probably be better off.

edit: Screencaps from the live event (shamelessly taken from the beta forums)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Looking forward to Phase 3. I was really impressed with Phase 2. One thing you can never take away from FF is cool spell effects.

Kandinsky

I dislike the Monk weapons so much they completely put me off the class.
Oh I thought I would never see the day of that happening :O
I never got close to that level. :-(
I only got to level 30 or something. I kinda want to start on a fresh server where everyone is lvl1 with 0 gil, theres something magical about that stuff where everyone is the same, I do want my Gobbue mount tho :p

Teknoman

i actually didn't like the new battle music when soloing but the raid dungeon music was good.

yes, check if you can access the beta forums, if you can then you are still in.

The battle music from phase 1 wasnt all that (sounded more like dungeon music imo) but phase 2 sounded like a new standard battle theme that would be right at home in a classic FF. Even had that classic FF battle "start up" section.

I really hope they let the overworld music loop though...sucked to hear a few seconds of music and then silence.

EDIT: Dat hair.

hteng

Banned
The battle music from phase 1 wasnt all that (sounded more like dungeon music imo) but phase 2 sounded like a new standard battle theme that would be right at home in a classic FF. Even had that classic FF battle "start up" section.

I really hope they let the overworld music loop though...sucked to hear a few seconds of music and then silence.

EDIT: Dat hair.

I really didn't noticed much of difference in battle music from phase 1 to phase 2, is there any sample i can listen to for comparison? (without breaking NDA that is)

Qvoth

i used to be mrd during 1.0... think i only reached level 20 or something
was thinking of trying smn or arc or even sch now, but DAT MONK OH GOD
even new mrd seems pretty badass
blm casting animation sure looks nice though...

Is that Aspidochelone that I see roaming in the background?

Just seeing that name really takes me back to FFXI... Good times, good times. (despite how boring camping the HNMs could be 'back in the day', some pretty hilarious stuff tended to happen in between the 30min windows)

---------

The Black Mage spell effects look really awesome!

Bebpo

Banned
Damn, this may be my first MMO after 10+ years of avoiding the genre like the plague. Looks really nice.

Baleoce

They will. Yoshi also said he was going to try to get him to contribute some new tracks.

That's good. It would have been somewhat disrespectful if they didn't, considering none of what happened was really his fault. I understand why the soundtrack in general had to be changed though, because the music engrains the experience of the game into peoples heads. And perhaps they didn't want people being reminded too much about 1.0 xD

Baleoce

Damn, this may be my first MMO after 10+ years of avoiding the genre like the plague. Looks really nice.

I played FFXI for 8 years, and finally managed to quit in November 2011. But the ironic thing is, as soon as my "MMO addiction" was dealt with, I ended up spending a ton more than I usually would have on regular games. And way more than I would have if I'd just kept to my sub lol.. So in financial terms I kind of wish I'd kept going xD

hteng

Banned
I played FFXI for 8 years, and finally managed to quit in November 2011. But the ironic thing is, as soon as my "MMO addiction" was dealt with, I ended up spending a ton more than I usually would have on regular games. And way more than I would have if I'd just kept to my sub lol.. So in financial terms I kind of wish I'd kept going xD

I quit XI at the height of ToAU, still... good times and fun memories, was my first MMO too, but i can never do it again though.

I'm so excited :)

I will not make the mistake of picking Hume again. Mithra all the way!

Pussy!

Mognet

don't think i want to be a lalafell anymore... i'm still undecided on which race i want to pick for release. ; ;

Baleoce

don't think i want to be a lalafell anymore... i'm still undecided on which race i want to pick for release. ; ;

Same, I'm actually torn between Manthra (Male Mi'quote) and Galka (R-r-reordyn?).

Does anyone know if there is HP/MP differences between the races this time around?

Some info on how monk and dragoon play:

Nope, you are automatically in. The patch servers are down atm, that's why you get that error.

DRG sounds very similar to what it was in 1.0...what happened with the idea of making him a crit attack beast? :/

ebil

Same, I'm actually torn between Manthra (Male Mi'quote) and Galka (R-r-reordyn?).

Does anyone know if there is HP/MP differences between the races this time around?
There will be differences in stats overall, but they won't be significant.

Mognet

i've definitely been leaning more towards a manthra or a female roegadyn but yeah, i like the feel of both races during the time i played of them in alpha.

i'm sure i heard before that there wont be any stat differences between the races, but i could be wrong.

^there's your answer!

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Oh I thought I would never see the day of that happening :O

I only got to level 30 or something. I kinda want to start on a fresh server where everyone is lvl1 with 0 gil, theres something magical about that stuff where everyone is the same, I do want my Gobbue mount tho :p

Yeah, Jae called bullshit on the Monk thing. Sigh...

I hope there's "GAF server" we can all get on. Adventuring with old friends and new ones is what I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.

Okay, I'll level Monk too.

BTW, Galka (and w/e they call them in this game) for life!

Anyone know how the early access pre order tokes will work? On Amazon it says you get it when it's shipped, but that wouldn't make sense.

Isn't a new benchmark app supposed to be released? I really hope they've done some optimizations to make the frame rate not be so bottlenecked by the CPU. There's really no excuse for that in today's world.

Teknoman

Yeah, Jae called bullshit on the Monk thing. Sigh...

I hope there's "GAF server" we can all get on. Adventuring with old friends and new ones is what I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.

Okay, I'll level Monk too.

BTW, Galka (and w/e they call them in this game) for life!

We're on Sargantas...but I dunno how they are letting legacy players and new players mix. Better give new players the option to go wherever.

Arment

That video in OP made me want to play a Dragoon instead of a Black Mage.

I was kind of unimpressed with some of the spell effects. White Mage stuff looked way better.

Mognet

Isn't a new benchmark app supposed to be released? I really hope they've done some optimizations to make the frame rate not be so bottlenecked by the CPU. There's really no excuse for that in today's world.

should be soon..

The new Benchmark software that will include character creation is in development and will be released between phase 3 and phase 4.

Kintaro

We're on Sargantas...but I dunno how they are letting legacy players and new players mix. Better give new players the option to go wherever.

What's a legecy player again? Someone who played 1.0? If so, either way works? My 1.0 character was...well, basically a newbie for the most part anyway. So, either way.

N.A

Banned
What's a legecy player again? Someone who played 1.0? If so, either way works? My 1.0 character was...well, basically a newbie for the most part anyway. So, either way.

Legacy players are players who subscribed for 3 or more months in 2012.

Legacy player is a 1.0 subscriber that played/paid more than 3(?) months (in 2012). If you stuck with the game for that period of time you become instantly a Legacy Player. You can see a legacy symbol on your SE account when you are one.

Kintaro

Did I play last year? I'll have to check my SE account. Last 2 years are a blur since I've been sick the entire time/ =(

nikos

FFUUU, every job looks good. Can you level multiple jobs for one character, like in FFXI, or is there one for each?

Cmagus

FFUUU, every job looks good. Can you level multiple jobs for one character, like in FFXI, or is there one for each?

You can level any job you want. Equip the weapon for any class and have at it. Basically the way is works is you level a class to 45 (some higher) then you can take on a few missions to unlock the main Job.

So Conjurer --> White Mage and so on.

I think that is one of the great things about this game. Unlike most mmo that ties you into your class you have alot of options class wise in this game.

You can level any job you want. Equip the weapon for any class and have at it. Basically the way is works is you level a class to 45 (some higher) then you can take on a few missions to unlock the main Job.

I think that is one of the great things about this game. Unlike most mmo that ties you into your class you have alot of options class wise in this game.

This is why I played XI for so long. I want one character and have all the jobs.

Ploid 3.0

I was fully expecting to not play this game being very satisfied with Rift, Path of Exile, Tera, and so on but seeing this video, and knowing that there is a possibility the Real Beastmaster will be back kinda hypes me up a little inside. I didn't like being stuck with archer in the beta. It was kinda neat being able to shadowbind after every other ability to keep 1 monster away from me though (I didn't want to be the other 2 classes/roles/beginner jobs or whatever).

If I don't end up playing this I really hope there will be streams of people playing this like there is for a lot of other games. I'll live through them like I visit FFXI via some endgame shell leader on Twitch. Decked out Thf, Drk, Pld, etc. no bst :(.

Zabant

Can you link me to the information about levelling classes into the new jobs?

Top Bottom