• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

iammeiam

I bought the PS3 version of this on Friday thinking I'd have something mindless to play in bed in the morning on the long weekends. Wish I'd checked this thread first. Fifteen minutes of repeated login attempts, thirty minutes of newbie quests, then kicked out zoning and now it won't retrieve NA/EU servers. The tiny bit I got to play wasn't bad, but the technical issues are hilarious.

Yondy604

Banned
  • Launcher errors "webpage wont load"
  • NA/EU World list errors "close and relaunch again huehue"
  • 1017 "want a queue? too bad"
  • 1017 before loading the world list
  • 2002 "cause lobby is small too"
  • 3102 "you are still inside lawl"
  • 90000 "you moved to a congested area"

Anything else i'm missing? That has been today in the last 20 mins for me.

You missed 10102, which is the #1 error right now ;D

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
If Square wanted to kick the AFK people, they would just restart the servers. I think they want to have SOME people having a good time this weekend.

Teknoman

I wonder how the duty finder servers work anyway, especially since Yoshi thinks:

"Once the new Worlds are implemented and the duty finder server load has been redistributed over smaller World server groups, we believe that many of the login issues that players are currently experiencing will clear."

Unless they are doing the combination of expanding capacity, adding new worlds, and retooling the duty finder servers?

Berordn

They should be shot. Seriously. It's a trainwreck.

The actual game runs smoothly except for hiccups like this. It sucks that so many people don't/can't spend the time on the login screen to get in or that they should have to do so to play, but the game itself is fine once you're actually in it.

Obviously it doesn't excuse the login hassles, but the launch is far from a trainwreck. I started at nothing and in the last week I got WHM to 45 and MNK to 30.

Teknoman

I did my first dungeons today! Blitzed through Sastasha like it was nothing. Tam-Tara was harder; came very close to a wipe a couple of times. (Party wasn't as good, myself included.) Was hoping to try and tackle Copperbell too, but curiously enough the only thing I found in the mine was a large placard with the number "90000" on it. Looks like I'll be sitting at the login screen for the rest of the day.

I don't really know why I'm playing a healer given how easily I get stressed out doing group content. But it's all good. I need to get over myself and this is how it's gonna happen. :)

Just focus on the tanks for the most part. If you've got a good/decent tank, the DDs wont need healing as much, unless they always get hit by area attacks.

me Jojo

My game crashed. I got back in in the first try. No problems logging in, pressing start, selecting my character or getting into the world. Not even a queue.

I am amazed.

Kenai

I did my first dungeons today! Blitzed through Sastasha like it was nothing. Tam-Tara was harder; came very close to a wipe a couple of times. (Party wasn't as good, myself included.) Was hoping to try and tackle Copperbell too, but curiously enough the only thing I found in the mine was a large placard with the number "90000" on it. Looks like I'll be sitting at the login screen for the rest of the day.

I don't really know why I'm playing a healer given how easily I get stressed out doing group content. But it's all good. I need to get over myself and this is how it's gonna happen. :)

Being a healer is fun, and you can always get in a queue fairly quickly too.

There are some very stressful healer related mobs later but it's part of the fun. Friendly advice for the 30s: i had no real issues with any mob, until the Bees in the Temple dungeon with the golems. Now it's OprahWinfreyBees.gif everywhere for me.

Just focus on the tanks for the most part. If you've got a good/decent tank, the DDs wont need healing as much, unless they always get hit by area attacks.

There are a lot of overzealous DPS in the game who will walk ahead of/not follow the tank or even pull and aggro things they shouldn't. It sucks but they'll learn (after i let them die repeatedly)

NeOak

The actual game runs smoothly except for hiccups like this. It sucks that so many people don't/can't spend the time on the login screen to get in or that they should have to do so to play, but the game itself is fine once you're actually in it.

Obviously it doesn't excuse the login hassles, but the launch is far from a trainwreck. I started at nothing and in the last week I got WHM to 45 and MNK to 30.

Buddy, let me introduce you to my friend: Error 90000. He may pop in sometimes while you are in game to say "hi".

blackflag

I wonder how the duty finder servers work anyway, especially since Yoshi thinks:

"Once the new Worlds are implemented and the duty finder server load has been redistributed over smaller World server groups, we believe that many of the login issues that players are currently experiencing will clear."

Unless they are doing the combination of expanding capacity, adding new worlds, and retooling the duty finder servers?

I wondered the same thing when I read it. I'm just assuming..hoping...it's badly translated.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
There should be a market board where merchants are and you can buy items from other players' retainers. You can have your own retainer where you can sell stuff at the marketplace once you do a certain level 20 story quest.

Oh, nice. I did see those, but I think when I read them I was level 3 and just forgot.

Thanks!

Eusis

Playing last night was fine, a bit laggy at worst, but I think at this moment it's not worth trying to log in unless it's very late and even that can be a crapshot right now. Will be VERY nice when they establish new servers, so long as they aren't idiots and don't allow free moves initially.

Anteater

If Square wanted to kick the AFK people, they would just restart the servers. I think they want to have SOME people having a good time this weekend.

I think they want people who logged on to continue having fun, it's pretty much what the server limitation is, kicking everyone off and having a large amount of people logging on at the same time will probably put stress to their lobby/login server and everyone is fucked.

Aeana

Is anyone in contact with Riposte or ebil? They really need to post OT2, because this thread is going to have to be closed soon.

EDIT: Okay, I see above.

Riposte, what's the OT2 title? I think these two were the best ones suggested:

1. The Night is Dark and Full of Errors
2. The Wonderful 101...7

(Not my ideas)

I believe 2 is from crono..?

Gigarator

Game has crashed my PC twice in an hour, whereas I've been playing with no crash problems since the beta. Not sure what caused it but the first time my screen turned a light blue colour, then black and wouldn't respond to anything. Second time it went white and again wouldn't respond. Anybody got any ideas what might cause this?

akaoni

Banned
You are my hero. Thank you. Took 20 minutes but I'm in. You are a champion.

tumblr_m0lb0vHq0T1qfgb8po1_400.gif

na/eu list still bonkers for me.

You know... i think EA might have figured out something with there staggered launch for SWTOR. Had a pretty damn smooth launch experience with that.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
na/eu list still bonkers for me.

You know... i think EA might have figured out something with there staggered launch for SWTOR. Had a pretty damn smooth launch experience with that.

indeed, best one I've experienced along with LOTRO. Some actually competent queue system, for starters

Game has crashed my PC twice in an hour, whereas I've been playing with no crash problems since the beta. Not sure what caused it but the first time my screen turned a light blue colour, then black and wouldn't respond to anything. Second time it went white and again wouldn't respond. Anybody got any ideas what might cause this?

Is your GPU overheating? Check your temps with the GPU-Z program if you haven't already downloaded it.

Riposte

Does anyone have a link to a very good summary of all the subscription methods?

EDIT: The OT2 is going to look a lot like the 2nd post of this thread.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member

Also, might try setting FPS limit to 60. My 7970 was hitting 78-82C with framerate unlocked. It sits around 68 now capped at 60. I only have a 60Hz monitor so whatevs.

Mr. RHC

Finally got in this morning and spent a few hours
going on my first airship adventures to rally the troops!
Very cool FF feel to that part.
Then after talking to the General from Ul'Dah getting the first real taste of some villain characterization was awesome!
Even more FF feel. I was on a high and the server hadn't kicked me off yet - so I decided to dive into the first two dungeons/instances/raids/duties... not sure what to call them. All I can say is - WOW - I am playing CNJ and I had a blast. Two successful yet challenging runs and I am convinced that once the server problems let me play more consistently that this is the best MMO I have played. Combining my nostalgic love of Final Fantasy with crisp, clean and beautiful MMO mechanics - totally hooked.

I agree completely, the first dungeon was really fun. I felt like typing " FELLOWSHIP, GO FORTH!" all the time during Sastasha.

The first airship flight, the music.. wow. I had so many feels.

sure its decent. But having to wake up at 4am to try to log in... I'll throw money at them, maybe when/if they get all that shit together.

because with modern SE, my confidence of them doing anything satisfactory is quite low.
tumblr_mkvisev0xa1qleje6o2_250.gif

They will, Yoshida and Nomura will make it right...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom