• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mononoke

Banned
I've had nothing but problems with this game lol. I'll open my client and the start will be blacked out. I have to close it. Then I'll relaunch the game, and I finally get in. But then the NA servers can't be updated or located. So I have to close the client again.

I pretty much have to do this 30 + times before it will finally work. And even then, it's not guaranteed as there will be wait times.

I agree completely, the first dungeon was really fun. I felt like typing " FELLOWSHIP, GO FORTH!" all the time during Sastasha.

The first airship flight, the music.. wow. I had so many feels.

tumblr_mkvisev0xa1qleje6o2_250.gif

They will, Yoshida and Nomura will make it right...

well hopefully that will happen before the 30 days are up! Because having a bad launch has never done well for a mmo, ever.

rip vanguard.

Gigarator

Is your GPU overheating? Check your temps with the GPU-Z program if you haven't already downloaded it.

I usually rely on afterburner's OSD for reading GPU temp but in borderless windowed mode it doesn't seem to work. When I was running it fullscreen it was usually showing around 56-62ish temps which are by no means bad.

@Revenger
I'm on max setting but capped at 30fps, purely to keep the load on cpu/gpu down which makes the crashes all the more odd to me.

Joni

So, I think I did everything I could in Lima a level 20 something can do and I have mode to Giardiana or something like that. Got the Tam-Tara dungeon finished. Tanking when you're with archers is kinda difficult there. They always managed to lure the enemies to them before I could get them. Tomorrow I hope to discover the rest of the environment here and I hope I can reach Ifrit/Chocobo's soon.

Mr. RHC

well hopefully that will happen before the 30 days are up! Because having a bad launch has never done well for a mmo, ever.

rip vanguard.

I believe that some guys decided to give up on the game when they weren't able to play, they are not to blame.

However I just hope they come back when everything is working again! :D

Anteater

rip vanguard.

tbh giving an extra free month would work wonders, considering there seems to be more people buying the game at launch than they expected, I don't think it's too much to ask.

Audioboxer

Is there anything I can do with old equipment? My inventory has been getting full so I've been selling it to vendors. Looking for a way to break down into raw materials?

aceface

Oh
My
God

I'm in a queue guys. An actual queue.
I'm playing the lottery tonight!

This is how it's going for me:

If I don't get a 2002 (happens 3-4 times), I get a no NA/EU server available. If the servers are available, I get 20 minutes of 1017. And then finally, if I finally get in a queue, I get a damn 10102. Repeat.

This has happened 5+ times since 12. It's the first time I've really felt deflated.

kierwynn

My launcher is doing that thing again where it won't even let me sign in. :( The area where the username/password goes is just blank.

Got the Tam-Tara dungeon finished. Tanking when you're with archers is kinda difficult there. They always managed to lure the enemies to them before I could get them.

That's the exact problem I was having with Tam-Tara. Was partied with two archers who were consistently drawing aggro, which made life much more difficult for me as the healer. Is it something to do with how the class deals damage, or were my groupmates just really trigger happy?

Gigarator

People are actually getting in? I keep getting the "Unable to update the Group NA/EU character list" message...

Unless you restart the game you'll continue to see that message, if that ever pops up for me 90% of the time a client restart with get rid of it.

Then you can move on to the endless 1017's

Izayoi

Banned
There are a lot of overzealous DPS in the game who will walk ahead of/not follow the tank or even pull and aggro things they shouldn't. It sucks but they'll learn (after i let them die repeatedly)
In my defense, I have yet to meet a tank in this game who doesn't stand around with his dick in his hand for what seems like an eternity after every pull, so I see fit to take matters into my own hands (not to mention that instances so far have been miserably easy - I even ended up damage tanking a boss and we got along just fine).

aett

God damn. First I couldn't play at all last night, even past 12:30 AM PST, and now I can't even get the lobby to load.

Ghostofst4rm4n

Neo Member
Is there anything I can do with old equipment? My inventory has been getting full so I've been selling it to vendors. Looking for a way to break down into raw materials?

Both retainers and materia are story related.

I was silly early on and went real hard on Botany. And I constantly found myself without inventory space. I pressed on in the story and got my retainer, and now have a bit if pocket change. And try to hold on to any gear that you have 100% spirit bonded.

Selvaria

Unless you restart the game you'll continue to see that message, if that ever pops up for me 90% of the time a client restart with get rid of it.

Then you can move on to the endless 1017's

Hanks for the tip! I did what you suggested and I'm now trying to get past the 1017's.

In my defense, I have yet to meet a tank in this game who doesn't stand around with his dick in his hand for what seems like an eternity after every pull, so I see fit to take matters into my own hands (not to mention that instances so far have been miserably easy - I even ended up damage tanking a boss and we got along just fine).

You never seem to play when I do, otherwise I could tank for you.

I managed to find a copy of the collector's edition on PS3. When I register the game the collector's edition stuff and game time should transfer to the PC too right?

Ghostofst4rm4n

Neo Member

As a healer I find that proposition frightening. Mostly when DPS jumps ahead and targets outside if tank targets. I'd be happy if more people used chat and could coordinate the pulls better. I try my best (new to healing) to keep everyone safe. But it's risky when I see the tank getting low and the DPS takes a big hit from another target. I appreciate the speed up but not at the expense of the groups safety.

I'm only as strong as wet parchment. So I need the tank eating the big hits.

Both retainers and materia are story related.

I was silly early on and went real hard on Botany. And I constantly found myself without inventory space. I pressed on in the story and got my retainer, and now have a bit if pocket change. And try to hold on to any gear that you have 100% spirit bonded.

How far into the story is the retainer?
I've rolled 4 craft classes (two at 20, one at 17, one at 10) and I'm constantly running out of inventory space :/
I'm just before Sastasha

Anteater

I'm a tank but I do kind of hate the dps not being able to pull system, cause I know some of my friends like to run around pulling and aggroing shit, that's just their playstyle lol, now they have to stand around and I have to do everything they used to do.

Ghostofst4rm4n

Neo Member
How far into the story is the retainer?
I've rolled 4 craft classes (two at 20, one at 17, one at 10) and I'm constantly running out of inventory space :/
I'm just before Sastasha

Satasha
Tam Tara Deepcroft
Copperbell Mines

After you finish those you do some traveling.

You should get your retainer before you fight
Ifrit

Edit: slow on phone

Kenai

There's a balance. I can understand your example, and I'm not one of those healers who will just not heal DPS on trash or anything. And I fully intent to warn potential dying DPS to let the tank pull. it's a lowbie dunegon and probably everyone is a newb, but they need to know how things work so it's not a PitA for me, considering the inability to heal while moving/when being beat on sometimes.

But this BRD in in a lowbie pt yesterday pulled EVERYTHING, sometimes before the pack we were on was even dead. Huge waste of my mana.

In another, this PUG, instead of following the tank in Sasatsha or w/e, walked around and aggroed mobs that I had the pleasure of killing before I actually got to DPS the final fish guy (yes, he pulled it INTO our boss arena thing). I watch the healer when i am ARC and if i had not binded/kited/killed it the tank probably wouldn't have even seen it (and of course I was the only one who knew to click the grates and i can't get all 4 so there were those adds too)

I will try to keep em alive sometimes, and after being an ARC i know they have issues with aggro and not being able to reduce threat, but if it comes down to me "tanking" adds because they won't let the tank do their job, I'm gonna prioritize myself.

gillty

Banned
Durandal Players, if you're seeking a social free company PM me or contact me in-game at Giru Tai. After searching high and low for a somewhat Mature English FC, I'm in the process of creating something for English players on the server.

EIGO said:
EIGO is seeking founding members and leadership candidates to solidify its Free Company status.

About EIGO

EIGO (英語) is a social Free Company dedicated to those who wish to converse in the English language on the Durandal server. We welcome both those with native English ability and those such as our Japanese hosts who may be learning the English language.

We hope to support those of all timezones and play styles, but in the interim welcome those seeking a social Free Company.

That's the exact problem I was having with Tam-Tara. Was partied with two archers who were consistently drawing aggro, which made life much more difficult for me as the healer. Is it something to do with how the class deals damage, or were my groupmates just really trigger happy?

From what I've seen Archers draw ALOT of aggro. Did Tam Tara last night and the Archer we had kept pulling aggro away from tank. They should fix that.

RK9039

I personally hate it when the DPS pulls, I'm a tank I have a pulling move, so don't worry about that. I even use signs on groups of mobs, and some of these guys don't even let me get the enmity.

If they pull a mob which I deliberately ignore (because I'm focused on others or w/e) I just let them deal with/die. In my party you only have one job as a damage dealer, just attack the one with '1' on its head after I get the aggro. So far the best damage dealer for me is the Black Mage/Thaumaturge, some of those guys know how to use Sleep really well.

teiresias

At least for Marauder, the GCD for the class's native buffs and protective actions are fairly lengthy, so it wouldn't surprise me if they're waiting on those, particularly if they aren't getting buffed by a magic user consistently.

You also sound like the kind of person that yells at someone else that's doing a dungeon for the first time and - heaven forbid - didn't read a FAQ about it beforehand. That's fairly annoying as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom