• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
Lovely OT. Really looking forward to getting back in to the game, and for the Free Company to get going!

Cmagus

That dungeon video oh man so awesome. The changes made to existing ones are amazing especially Cutters Cry and Aurum Vale.

Xux

Yes and i registerd since sept 2010 and my basic account since march 2010.
And i cant see my entire history of purchases and subscription ? but i know i have paid several months of sunscription back then.
I believe it was 3 months and after that i left the whole unplayable mess.

I get this under subs : Please add new characters and reactivate subscriptions from the Options List.
But i have 2 characters, that i also played in the legacy server on the beta.

And when i go to select service FFXIV it says active service account ?
You would've had the Legacy logo on your Beta character select screen.

And it'd look like this on the Final Fantasy XIV page after hitting Select Service:
VeQ3AdL.png

kiryogi

Banned
Fucking christ all my old haunts :eek: Aurum Vale, Cutter's Cry, Darkhold . . . I cannot wait to get back to work on my Relic!

And so Gaius is end game before Crystal Tower :eek:

Hearing some of those dungeon themes in that video really makes me sad that during the actual dungeon you only hear these themes once @ the beginning then that's it... seems like such a waste considering how good they are.

Mognet

Is fishing fun in this game?

it's really just:

find a fishing spot
choose an appropriate bait
throw your line in
wait
press a skill to reel in a fish

it doesn't sound that interesting from this description but i find it really enjoyable for some reason.

you have a chance to find rare fish and or bigger than the average fish which would grant you a massive bonus to your exp and also get recorded in your fishing log. there's also different fish to find in each area so you can try to catch 'em all.

Robin64

it doesn't sound that interesting from this description but i find it really enjoyable for some reason.

I'm one of those guys that can sit around for hours fishing in Warcraft and that's even more basic. Just give me some nice quiet monster-free fishing spots and a beautiful view and I can lose myself in it. Sounds good about the bait things, a bit more depth.

Mognet

I'm one of those guys that can sit around for hours fishing in Warcraft and that's even more basic. Just give me some nice quiet monster-free fishing spots and a beautiful view and I can lose myself in it. Sounds good about the bait things, a bit more depth.

ah that's good as this game has plenty of those.

i've never tried fishing in wow

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Just got my 20 digit code email, hopefully all goes well you never know with Square Enix.

Abominuz

Banned
You would've had the Legacy logo on your Beta character select screen.

And it'd look like this on the Final Fantasy XIV page after hitting Select Service:

The problem is i dont see any characters.
I think the problem is my account for 1.0 didnt have any active subscription.
Because i can see my characters in the legacy server during beta.
On the lodeston i can select my characters too.
Only on the account page i dont see shit.

So 15 normal dungeons in the game at launch it would seem. I'm definitely happy with that. Add in guildhests, primals and LoB and there's quite a bit of group content at launch.

Xux

If anyone is interested in a closer look of some of the 'AF2' stuff + random others, found this link on reddit: http://imgur.com/a/GAkCa

dat ghost costume.
Warrior AF+1 armor looks amazing *_*.
The problem is i dont see any characters.
I think the problem is my account for 1.0 didnt have any active subscription.
Because i can see my characters in the legacy server during beta.
On the lodeston i can select my characters too.
Only on the account page i dont see shit.
I can't see mine, either; they've taken that info down in the transition to ARR.

Totakeke

Nice informative OP, but someone sell me on what's so awesome about this game other than they fixed the things wrong with the first version.

Never played any other mmorpgs other than WoW until the first expansion.

Recall

Is a upscaled PS3 version on PS4 a possibility? I know they are aiming for it but I feel the likely hood of it ever coming to a console like originally planned is slim. It just never seems like a priority but then again I never kept up with XI.

OT is great, takes a while for my phone to display it all though.

Jinko

Nice informative OP, but someone sell me on what's so awesome about this game other than they fixed the things wrong with the first version.

Never played any other mmorpgs other than WoW until the first expansion.

Beta 4 was supposed to sell you on the game, you missed it though :S

Is a upscaled PS3 version on PS4 a possibility? I know they are aiming for it but I feel the likely hood of it ever coming to a console like originally planned is slim. It just never seems like a priority but then again I never kept up with XI.

OT is great, takes a while for my phone to display it all though.

No the PS4 version is based on the PC version, after all a PS4 is basically a PC in a box. (it should be extremely easy to port it to PS4 and they said to expect it around Feb 2014 I think)

Not only am I getting error 3 still, but it says I'm registered for the PC version instead of PS3 AND my profile is on the EU website? The fuck. I can't contact their tech support easily either.

Flopfan

If I buy the PS3 version and play it until the PS4 version comes out will I be able to continue playing with my character from PS3?

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
If I buy the PS3 version and play it until the PS4 version comes out will I be able to continue playing with my character from PS3?

Can't see why not, as the PS3&PC are cross play compatible, I tried it during the beta.

apricot

Oh gosh I totally forgot about the PS4 version!! Have to play on PS3 since my PC can't handle it... This could definitely push me to buy a PS4 earlier than I intended

Jinko

Not only am I getting error 3 still, but it says I'm registered for the PC version instead of PS3 AND my profile is on the EU website? The fuck. I can't contact their tech support easily either.

Yea many of us are getting similar issues, if I don't get in for early access I am guna be beyond pissed off.

Beta Forums said:
Greetings,

Since we've seen a multitude of threads on this question, we would like to again confirm the situation.

As we have announced previously, there will be no wipe for Beta Test phase 4. That is still the case, and progress from the last test will carry over into early access and launch.

Thanks Fucks.

Totakeke

Beta 4 was supposed to sell you on the game, you missed it though :S

Well, I guess my other point is that the OP is good, but it seems to be geared towards people who are already going to play the game. To me it just reads like another mmorpg with different names for stuffs I'm already familiar with, but I guess that's true for most mmorpgs to date?

Okay, I don't want to derail the thread, carry on. :)

Robin64

Well, I guess my other point is that the OP is good, but it seems to be geared towards people who are already going to play the game. To me it just reads like another mmorpg with different names for stuffs I'm already familiar with, but I guess that's true for most mmorpgs to date?

As a complete outsider up until, I get where you're coming from. It does feel like that. But to me, it's another MMO but I also get to ride chocobo, visit moogles and fight tonberries. Win!

Jinko

Yea its just another MMO but with a Final Fantasy lick of paint, from what I have played of beta it is very polished though. (besides the server limitations)

erawsd

Fucking christ all my old haunts :eek: Aurum Vale, Cutter's Cry, Darkhold . . . I cannot wait to get back to work on my Relic!

And so Gaius is end game before Crystal Tower :eek:

Well, CT is pushed back until 2.1 and it looks like Gaius is the final 4man dungeon boss so it'll probably be hard mode Gaius > Extreme Primals > Bahamuts Labryinth for end game progression.

I'm sorta surprised Gaius is only a dungeon boss, I'll be a little sad if he dies there.

apricot

Yea its just another MMO but with a Final Fantasy lick of paint, from what I have played of beta it is very polished though. (besides the server limitations)

fwiw this is my first MMO. I tried FFXI back in the day due to the Final Fantasy factor(tm) but gave up pretty quick; it just didn't grab me. Some veterans might say FFXIV: ARR is too easy/straightforward, but I was hooked right away. Really looking forward to cutting my teeth on it!

Recall

Now the problem is, how big is the install of a retail version of this game in PS3? DC online ended up being 21GB with updates. I don't have the space for anything that big again now.

Holy jesus, that OT. That's a work of art, guys.

Also super-hyped for this, though I'll be rolling deep with Goons on Excalibur.

fwiw this is my first MMO. I tried FFXI back in the day due to the Final Fantasy factor(tm) but gave up pretty quick; it just didn't grab me. Some veterans might say FFXIV: ARR is too easily/straightforward, but I was hooked right away. Really looking forward to cutting my teeth on it!

You are pretty much the exact person ARR is aimed at, for what it's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom