• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sblargh

Banned
Great OT guys!
I'm hopinng to really take it easy with this game and focus on grinding on crafting reather than raiding.

I really liked how the world is beautiful. I think I'll like to just walk around gathering stuff.

Enjoyed Phase 4 far more than 3. So glad I got my airpass to see Limsa at the very end. Can't wait to explore even more of the world soon :D

Also, I know this is from a few pages ago, but:

Man, I still remember making the thread for the news almost 2 years ago when 2.0 was announced ;_;

Time sure FLIES!

YoshiP is a fucking god and saved the shit out of this game. I hope he gets a nice vacation after this and I can't wait to finally get back in :D

It really is amazing to see the change. Two years ago, we all scoffed at the notion that anything of XIV was salvageable. We had no idea who this "Yoshida" guy was, aside from having a similar name to one of SE's senior artists. XIV was regarded, openly and publicly by SE themselves, as the biggest disaster to ever plague the franchise.

Fast forward to now, with ARR being, even with all the technical gremlins as of late, on the cusp of being the best Final Fantasy product released in a minimum of half a decade. Naoki Yoshida's name is practically synonymous with "miracle worker" at this point, and the internet is full of praise and hype for XIV at this point. People can't wait to play this game and it's going to do incredibly well both in Japan and overseas.

It's been an amazing turnaround to watch, and I can't wait to see what the future holds.

edit: also code registration is still down you boobs, stop trying to enter it and wait for SE to say it's good to go

Thoraxes

Also, I know this is from a few pages ago, but:

It really is amazing to see the change. Two years ago, we all scoffed at the notion that anything of XIV was salvageable. We had no idea who this "Yoshida" guy was, aside from having a similar name to one of SE's senior artists. XIV was regarded, openly and publicly by SE themselves, as the biggest disaster to ever plague the franchise.

Fast forward to now, with ARR being, even with all the technical gremlins as of late, on the cusp of being the best Final Fantasy product released in a minimum of half a decade. Naoki Yoshida's name is practically synonymous with "miracle worker" at this point, and the internet is full of praise and hype for XIV at this point. People can't wait to play this game and it's going to do incredibly well both in Japan and overseas.

It's been an amazing turnaround to watch, and I can't wait to see what the future holds.

edit: also code registration is still down you boobs, stop trying to enter it and wait for SE to say it's good to go
It's just crazy to see how far it's all come. Really happy with how things are turning out for sure.

meep!

Neo Member
Yoshida not only deserve a vacation, but a beefy raise too!

Question, I used to play 1.0, but I never jumped on the Legacy Campaign and signed up for a 3 month sub. However I noticed this beta I had a legacy icon in my character screen, as well as a Legacy chocobo. So I assume I am legacy if I have these and I'm eligible for the Early access?
I did have a sub running for awhile while not playing so maybe that counts towards the legacy?

Xux

Question, I used to play 1.0, but I never jumped on the Legacy Campaign and signed up for a 3 month sub. However I noticed this beta I had a legacy icon in my character screen, as well as a Legacy chocobo. So I assume I am legacy if I have these and I'm eligible for the Early access?
I did have a sub running for awhile while not playing so maybe that counts towards the legacy?
Haha, yeah, you're eligible.

Also, I love the random statue enemy from FFXII (that was hard to see clearly with FFXII's camera) as a boss in that dungeon trailer, lol.

Jacobbles

Entered my Early Access code and everything seems cool... except I selected PS3 and in my account screen it's showing up as the PC version, not PS3.

Is this a common problem that others have experienced, or should I contact S-E about it?

Jinko

Just watched the dungeon trailer, man I am super hyped now Oo

Garlean dungeons and Arum Vale look amazing graphically.

Xux

6oNKCXW.gif

edotlee

I want to see him direct a mainline offline FF. He has my respect for turning that abomination that 1.0 was.

Having a look at comments in that thread sure is fun

if this game ends up looking like that ^ screenshot, ill eat my own hat.

And if they are insisting on people paying a monthly fee for this year long beta, then they should at least do it for like half price or something. $8 a month or whatever

Hmm... I wonder if we can say it truly looks like that screen shot, maybe touched up a tinsy bit.

syoaran

Great OP - really hyped now but like most - this is tempered by worries of server issues [90k still not being fixed in the last beta is a huge issue]. In Yoshida we trust.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
OT that forces me to stretch my browser is NO GOOD.

Should have been nothing but ERROR 3 at this rate. Like fuck me, if they cant even run servers for code redemption, launch is going to be an apocalypse.

Wes

venison crêpe
I'm hearing form some people that putting in the pre-order code is working for them, and they're getting their 20digit key e-mail...

For me entering the pre-order code just hangs at "Working. Please wait..."

What server did you decide on?

I'm on Ultros.

TheContact

Very nice OT. Can't believe the preorder code issue still isn't fixed =x

Error 3, well it finally said Error this time instead of just red text. Progress?

TheContact

I'm just mad I have to work from 9-6 on Saturday. Maybe I'll wake up at 6am or something to get some time in before work =x

Spent about 30 hours on Guild wars 2. How does FF14 stack up against GW2 as a MMO?

It's very different. There are some minor similarities that are found in some other MMOs too like Warhammer, for instance when you're questing or exploring the map, there will be random quest objectives that you can just run in and cooperate with others to complete the objective, so far I've only seen "kill these guys before the time ends"

I haven't made it past lvl 14 so I can't comment too much on other things, but it definitely feels a lot different than GW2. I got bored of GW2 very fast, it felt extremely repetitive

Capell

Unconfirmed Member
I'm hearing form some people that putting in the pre-order code is working for them, and they're getting their 20digit key e-mail...

For me entering the pre-order code just hangs at "Working. Please wait..."

I'm on Ultros.

It worked for me several hours ago, received my RAAE code via Email (I'm from Europe so I assume that's a good sign) and was able to redeem it on the other page.

But I would really recommend waiting untill SE have fixed the issues, we are still 3 days away from Early Access and there is no need to rush through the process right now.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Error 3: There was a problem. Please try again later |OT|

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom