• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmagus

Huh? if you upgraded, you can still play BF4 on PS3 and PS4
I have the disc version of PS3, paid the $10 upgrade fee for PS4, need to keep my PS3 disc in PS4 as an activation key
Trophies work in a weird way, you can earn trophies on the PS3 version, do something in the PS4 version and they unlock MP speaking, SP has to be played all over again, but if you unlock something in the PS4 version, they aren't retroactive, you would have to re-earn them on the PS3
So PS3 => PS4, YES!, PS4 => PS3, NOPE!
Even digital works the same way for BF4 PS3 and PS4 if you do $10 upgrades, only way you don't qualify for PS3 trophies is if you never bought the PS3 version or bought the PS4 version only

I rather not take the chance of fucking myself some way after earning these hard trophies, I rather get 100% on PS3 and just transfer over everything to PS4 in tact
I don't want to have any problems arise through SE account management, it's a whole hassle unto itself

I'm 29/39 on the trophies, can really get most of them by the start of 2.2
Get roughly 36/39, then it will be the leves, turn 5, holding me from the Plat

Hmm weird I have the digital version and it wouldn't let me play it after I upgraded. I'll have to go back and check.

Party queue for Duty Roulette being in 2.3 is disappointing. I'm really looking forward to that.

I've played 100% of my game time with another person and so Duty Roulette has been a completely useless feature for us. I was really looking forward to finally being able to use it for the bonus rewards leveling other classes but it seems it'll be months away for us still.

Isn't the entire point of the bonus/reward because you are taking the time to help out strangers instead of just the people you normally play with? I mean I get that you have someone else that you like to play with, but why should you be entitled to every feature of the game without changing your play style to suit them every so often?

Well guess I am wrong anyway since they are changing it, even if I thought the original purpose was to get people doing instances that would have had a long wait time for new players/people without statics.

Dunan

Finally signed back up for the first time in about half a year!

I'd love to rejoin the GAF guild. Is there space? To whom shall I send a /tell?

Any others who are coming back for the first time in a while? I'm thinking about starting a sub-class just to re-familiarise myself with the game. Would be happy to aid people in ~L15 quests while I'm at it.

dramatis

Finally signed back up for the first time in about half a year!

I'd love to rejoin the GAF guild. Is there space? To whom shall I send a /tell?

Any others who are coming back for the first time in a while? I'm thinking about starting a sub-class just to re-familiarise myself with the game. Would be happy to aid people in ~L15 quests while I'm at it.
Things have changed a bit, now there's some more process to the application system. If you haven't already, make a guildworks account and submit and app here http://neogaf.guildwork.com/recruitment, it should be relatively easy to link your FF14 character to your guildworks account.

After that, in game you should find someone with a GAF next to their name and then view fc profile, then I think you should be able to submit an application there.

Number45

Is there a process for switching characters in the FC (i.e. booting one and inviting another)? Seriously considering starting over (three characters, to see all of the starting zones with upgraded graphics) when the PS4 version hits and I may well switch to one of the new characters if I decide I prefer the model.

Haven't progressed all that far yet anyway, so no huge loss.

Well dang, I guess if they're willing to give people a single aetheryte to teleport to for free, having the 360 day reward give free teleports forever isn't too far-fetched.

I wonder if it will let you set the FC house as the free one.

It's a free teleport from the Limsa Central Aetheryte to the house already. So just set Limsa as your free one and go from there to our house.

frequency

Time to become more independent maybe ? :p
Never! I don't actually enjoy this game very much on my own. I play just to play with this person. I wouldn't play the game at all if it was just myself.

I am in a similar boat with spending most of my game time with someone else but we do split up to do the DR on our own. So I won't mind the changes to DR when it gets implemented :D
We talked about splitting up to do it like once but decided to go duo some FATEs out in the middle of nowhere instead.

Isn't the entire point of the bonus/reward because you are taking the time to help out strangers instead of just the people you normally play with? I mean I get that you have someone else that you like to play with, but why should you be entitled to every feature of the game without changing your play style to suit them every so often?

Well guess I am wrong anyway since they are changing it, even if I thought the original purpose was to get people doing instances that would have had a long wait time for new players/people without statics.
We are taking the time to help strangers. Two to six strangers.

But I don't think I "should be entitled to every feature of the game." Notice I haven't been in here complaining about DR all this time because I couldn't do it. We just went on and did other things or queued normally (which means we have very little duty variety unfortunately). Before DR, we even queued for things we didn't need that we were over-leveled for just to help out. So I wish you wouldn't scold me about helping strangers.

Square then stated they intend to let groups queue for DR and so I was looking forward to that and I'm disappointed it missed 2.2. I'm not making a big deal out of it and saying I am entitled to the benefits of DR. I think I'm allowed to be disappointed in this case though, aren't I?

Dunan

Dunan might already be in the FC on the site since he was in it before.

Indeed I was; you had "induct new members" privileges IIRC.

If it takes a day or so to get me back in, it's no problem; I'll putter around with my alt character. I really do need to re-learn how to play this game.

Aeana

|OT5| Easy like a high school bio test

Indeed I was; you had "induct new members" privileges IIRC.

If it takes a day or so to get me back in, it's no problem; I'll putter around with my alt character. I really do need to re-learn how to play this game.

As dramatis alluded to above, you don't have to PM anybody to get in now. Just find anybody with a <GAF> tag in-game, via search or by examining them, and then go to their FC window and through there you can submit an in-game application. Any leader online can go through there and accept the application and you'll be added to the FC automatically without you having to accept the invite.

Teknoman

Man...i seriously cant wait till someone has to go through The Praetorium for the first time again. Music always gets me right at about 2 minutes in.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I can only answer 1, 5 and 6 so:

1) All three versions are the same gameplay wise (though the PS4 you can play with keyboard + mouse, while PS3 you can't). PS3 and lower end PC/Laptops need graphics turned to lowest settings for more graphics heavy content. No idea how the PS4 will handle this but you can see more players on screen with PS4 compared to PS3.

5) £8.99 (per month) for standard, £7.69 (per month) for the entry subscription which gets you 1 character per world for a total of 8 characters.

6) Yes. If you register any of the three, you get free 30 days.

Thanks for your help :)

so if I was to concentrate on 1 character I'd just need the £7.69 sub?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Man...i seriously cant wait till someone has to go through The Praetorium for the first time again. Music always gets me right at about 2 minutes in.

Well, I know me and mre/Brother Fozzy are getting close to it. Have to gain xp to enter "Fool Me Twice", which is what, 10 or so main missions from then?

Aeana

Anyone who is hopping on the security token wagon now, make sure to write down your emergency removal password! Seriously. :/

nubbe

The damage output as a lvl 20 marauder makes it feel so much more fun than a lvl 50 Paladin, but the Paladin feels like an immortal avatar

I feel so confused

Zomba13

What do people spend their gil on? I'm not at endgame yet, (my main class is Lv 30) but I seem to find little need to spend unless I'm teleporting.

I don't really have a crafting class (very slowly working on goldsmith but not sinking money into it or anything) and I only spend money on teleports and repairs. You get almost 5k per high level dungeon run which can cover a bunch of teleports or two repairs from very low so money isn't really an issue.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Anyone who is hopping on the security token wagon now, make sure to write down your emergency removal password! Seriously. :/

I wish I could boldface this and color it red. Maybe hit people in the head with it.

I can guarantee there will be a huge amount of people complaining about how they are locked out of their accounts in the coming month. The worst part is, the will likely blame SE.

Number45

Yeah, I wiped my phone last week and forgot it was on there so didn't remove it from my account. Fortunately I store anything like that with Lastpass, I can't imagine it would have been pretty otherwise.

EDIT: I seem to recall a controller shortcut someone mentioned for cycling through your enmity list - can anyone confirm what it is? I'd been using d-pad (I use the weapon sheathed/drawn filters) to cycle left right, but when tanking Halatali I found myself positioned so that there were (distant) mobs in the background that I'd cycle through when I didn't want to.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Leveling multiple crafting classes to 50 pretty much ate all my gil.

I went the slow methodical way and have been making decent gil everyday

Hell most of crafting items while leveling has been pure profit for me

Chasing those 2 luminaries gave me such a truckload of shards/crystals
Then I would farm up the materials needed and just keep making said item
Rather than craft item within the levels, I would just make the basic item a few more times to get me to the next easy crafted item in the tier(s) afterwards

Right now I need like 3 more retainers, no joke
Both my retainers are 20/20, I think even an extra 60 won't help cover the stuff I need to sell...
So much shit to sell =/

EDIT: I seem to recall a controller shortcut someone mentioned for cycling through your enmity list - can anyone confirm what it is? I'd been using d-pad (I use the weapon sheathed/drawn filters) to cycle left right, but when tanking Halatali I found myself positioned so that there were (distant) mobs in the background that I'd cycle through when I didn't want to.

There's 2 ways to do this

First is with the enemy list scroll
Hold L1, then Up and Down on D-Pad, you'll cycle through the enemy list
This is beneficial to target a mob before it's appeared, like say Spiny Plume in Garuda Ex

Second is tab targeting, Hold R2 or L2, then hit L1 or R1 in succession, tapping
You'll jump from mob to mob, keep pressing L1 to go towards mobs that are left of you or press R1 for mobs that are right of you

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Well I filled up my Blacklist hella fast

I just removed 50 accounts, some were "(Deleted)"

Then so far after logging in for 15 minutes, I have received 5 RMT tells so far...
Gone are the GoldCEO days of hard work guaranteed, now GKplayer and their "Pay less to get more" is the slogan of the month

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

Since I got this thing back in 2009 or so (whenever they first came out on XI), I have no recollection of what that passcode might be, or if I even created one. I'll probably just assume it's one of the 2-4 passwords that I've used in SE's services, going back to PlayOnline.

I debated about looking into swapping from the Token to the Phone app.

Well I filled up my Blacklist hella fast

I just removed 50 accounts, some were "(Deleted)"

Then so far after logging in for 15 minutes, I have received 5 RMT tells so far...
Gone are the GoldCEO days of hard work guaranteed, now GKplayer and their "Pay less to get more" is the slogan of the month

There should be an achievement for how many people you block.

Since I got this thing back in 2009 or so (whenever they first came out on XI), I have no recollection of what that passcode might be, or if I even created one. I'll probably just assume it's one of the 2-4 passwords that I've used in SE's services, going back to PlayOnline.

Log into Mogstation, then click on the One-Time Password option in the Square-Enix Account Settings menu. You should be able to see your emergency removal password in red letters in the box.

Number45

There's 2 ways to do this

First is with the enemy list scroll
Hold L1, then Up and Down on D-Pad, you'll cycle through the enemy list
This is beneficial to target a mob before it's appeared, like say Spiny Plume in Garuda Ex

Second is tab targeting, Hold R2 or L2, then hit L1 or R1 in succession, tapping
You'll jump from mob to mob, keep pressing L1 to go towards mobs that are left of you or press R1 for mobs that are right of you
Nice, thanks. First option will probably be better for me, I find myself using the enmity list more often so it should be nice and intuitive.

creid

1000 times this. Such a pain to recover if you haven't done it. There should definitely be a prominent warning in the next OT.

Aeana

Log in on the website and the removal password should be listed somewhere on the page. It's automatic once you register the token.

Wilsongt

Lol. Looks like the girl in the background is topless.

Hmmm. I don't know how to add my other character to my guildwork account. It's got my Sarg Zomba Thirteen and when I click on characters shows it but no option in the settings to add an additional character and that page only lets me choose Zomba Thirteen.

Welcome to Ultros, Sarg brother. =P

Taruranto

I don't get how do you guys fill your BL.

It's not like these RTM that send you a tell 2 months ago still have an account. Most of the times it's not even worth blacklisting.

Is it worthwhile to work on jobs such as Fishing, Botony and mining while leveling regularly. Or should I power through to get to 50 then jump into that stuff?

What do people spend their gil on? I'm not at endgame yet, (my main class is Lv 30) but I seem to find little need to spend unless I'm teleporting.

Overmelding materia. Each LV3 materia costs ~10K and it has ~90% chance to break when overmelded 3rd time into a single slot item. Also crafting if you don't gather and craft simultaneously.

Dunan

As dramatis alluded to above, you don't have to PM anybody to get in now. Just find anybody with a <GAF> tag in-game, via search or by examining them, and then go to their FC window and through there you can submit an in-game application. Any leader online can go through there and accept the application and you'll be added to the FC automatically without you having to accept the invite.

Excellent; when I log in tomorrow I shall do this very thing!

BLCKATK

Is it worthwhile to work on jobs such as Fishing, Botony and mining while leveling regularly. Or should I power through to get to 50 then jump into that stuff?

Disciples of Land can be used to farm your own materials for your crafters. Only time you really make money on them is when a new set of farmable materials come out, which is roughly every other patch so far. So in a few weeks there will be new materials to gather, you could probably make a pretty penny off those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom