• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
We should definitely fix a proper time by tomorrow so everyone else who also needs it done can join in!
I wouldn't mind joining​ you guys because I would get Bonus Tomestones.

Crosseyes

Banned
When Gosetsu started talking all I could think was "GET OUT OF MY SWAMP" he sounds like Shrek.
First thing I got from him was the Scotsman from Samurai Jack.

Just finished the story stuff and IMO...
The fight was cool, Shinryu being a thing pretty much confirms the rest of the 4 sacred beasts as likely primals or 'primal' fights for Stormblood. I'm on board with that. Get hype for the Genbu fight

As for the rest it wasn't 2.55 or 3.3 (Dragonsong war finale) tier stuff but not everything can be tear-bringing level. Sufficiently interesting plotlines set up going into it.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
The reveal...

23Y4fjT.jpg

Did anyone not know it was Yda in the first trailer?

Apoptomon

It's possible there's some Hyur in Gosetsu's blood, but he's definitely a Roe. I play one and he has their distinct run/walk animation you don't see elsewhere...

Gosetsu definitely is using a Roe skeleton, but unfortunately that doesn't mean much - pure blood Garleans are Elezen with different heads after all (Cid being an exception).

Gosetsu definitely is using a Roe skeleton, but unfortunately that doesn't mean much - pure blood Garleans are Elezen with different heads after all (Cid being an exception).
Yeah, they definitely just used the Roe skeleton for him. He lacks the nose and other Roe features. He was pretty cool though. Too bad we didn't get to see a Red Mage using moves in the MSQ.

Kenai

The skeleton isn't not my only reasoning, just a big one. He also definitely has the Roe look in the SB trailer too, and Hellsguard Roes can have very light features, like Redolent Rose. Plus, there's a distinct lack of male Roegaydn in the main storyline, so I don't see it as likely a character with a Roe skeleton and (probably) identifiable Roe SAM animations be a different race entirely. His face doesn't look like a Hyur either

Yeah, they definitely just used the Roe skeleton for him. He lacks the nose and other Roe features. He was pretty cool though. Too bad we didn't get to see a Red Mage using moves in the MSQ.

Roes are allowed to have unique faces too ~_~ I know we aren't used to seeing them in the MSQ much at all, but him clearly having a Roe skeleton and moves shows me that he is. Otherwise...why not just give him a Hyur's skeleton and animations?

SkyOdin

I have an idea about this. Have you ever watched some of the background scenes in Idyllshire? There was one right next to the Aetheryte where a Lalafel and a pair of goblins would flag down and recruit a new engineer each patch. The last one, during 3.4, was a woman the Lalafel referred to as a "Rainlander". The terminology sounded like a Hyur sub-group, but the woman was taller than my male Highlander character. Rainlander sounds like a term for people who live in monsoon territory too.

I look great in Everything

ffxiv_28032017_1744398yrc1.png

Nice.

Going to try to rock this until Stormblood.

ffxiv_03282017_224735fpugg.png

The skeleton isn't not my only reasoning, just a big one. He also definitely has the Roe look in the SB trailer too, and Hellsguard Roes can have very light features, like Redolent Rose. Plus, there's a distinct lack of male Roegaydn in the main storyline, so I don't see it as likely a character with a Roe skeleton and (probably) identifiable Roe SAM animations be a different race entirely. His face doesn't look like a Hyur either

Roes are allowed to have unique faces too ~_~ I know we aren't used to seeing them in the MSQ much at all, but him clearly having a Roe skeleton and moves shows me that he is. Otherwise...why not just give him a Hyur's skeleton and animations?

I won't discount the possibility that he could be a new type of Roe. I'm just making an assumption based on what they did before. At some point during the MSQ they will probably state what he is so there will be no confusion or someone will ask Yoship or Koji in some community thing.

B.K.

I guess I need to figure out how PVP works. I've been waiting on the Garo gear to go up on the Gold Saucer, but it's too expensive. I have 1.3 million MGP and that's still nowhere near enough to get everything.

I guess I need to figure out how PVP works. I've been waiting on the Garo gear to go up on the Gold Saucer, but it's too expensive. I have 1.3 million MGP and that's still nowhere near enough to get everything.

Try Frontlines if you can get a half-decent queue time for it. It's more new-player friendly than the rest of the modes and the roulette bonus gives a pretty sizable reward, even when you lose.

Just finished the story...... oh man

Can't believe Shinryu was popular enough to be the new primal but I'm happy to see him in another FF game. He looked like the FFV model which is cool

Holy hell the ending got me. It was soooooo good but it feels weird knowing Yda is dead and her sister was behind the mask all along. Lyse is really beautiful though and I need her hair badly.

Scion outfit was great. Nice to see the artbook thing was true I suppose.

Samurai/Roe? He has animations of a Roe so it felt weird. He's cool though.... I assume I'll take a liking to him in the long run and same with Yugiri... she's warming up to me.

Ending was amazing... probably something I didn't even expect, tbh. The clash with Shinryu and Omega was awesome and oh the Red baron....

Dont read this if you haven't completed it obviously. It would really suck to get it ruined because they did a great job with this, imo!

Zenos is badass. So he has blonde hair? Interesting.

duckroll

Okay, Crystal Tower recruitment....

Times I am probably free this weekend:

Friday
0600-1000 PST (My Friday night)
1800-whenever the fuck PST (My Saturday morning)

Saturday
0600-1000 PST (My Saturday night)
1800-whenever the fuck PST (My Sunday morning)

Sunday
0600-1000 PST (My Sunday night)

Since most people on Ultros are in the US, I'm using PST to make it easier. I think we had 2-3 other people express interest in doing Crystal Tower for the first time, so if we can all find an ideal time it'll be great.

Would also appreciate feedback from more experienced players on how long it takes to queue for the other 16 players, as well as how long it takes to actually do each of the parts, including the stuff inbetween to unlock the next parts of the raid. Thanks!

aceface

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

Since most people on Ultros are in the US, I'm using PST to make it easier. I think we had 2-3 other people express interest in doing Crystal Tower for the first time, so if we can all find an ideal time it'll be great.

Would also appreciate feedback from more experienced players on how long it takes to queue for the other 16 players, as well as how long it takes to actually do each of the parts, including the stuff inbetween to unlock the next parts of the raid. Thanks!

You can sign me up (Tomo Takino) for Friday at 1800 PST. I can also probably bring Chocolate Biscotti along.

Omni

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

I'll queue from Lamia if you settle on a time

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
asdfkjashjrfahlf

some messed up the LB on A9S then we never made it to adds again

why goddddddddddd

Alfebit

Banned
Not as climactic as I was hoping but it was alright.

And not really a fan of the new outfit. I feel like an anime high school student.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

Unlocking the Crystal Tower can be a pretty lengthy assignment because you are required to participate and complete 4 different FATES in 4 different areas. I don't know if FATE pop up times for these specific ones has been increased or not since I did them back in 2.1 but the lengthy part is just sitting there waiting for the FATE to pop so I suggest people to unlock the Crystal Tower ahead of time and if you need help with the FATE just ask for help in the FC chat.

Unlocking the other two 24 man raids is easy and the only lengthy part is how long it takes a player to click through dialogue and watch cutscenes.

For Queue times your looking at an average of 20-50 Minute wait but of course that timing could be lower or higher if you're lucky or unlucky.

The Raids themselves usually take about 25-45 minutes depending on how far the 24 players can push DPS but of course thanks to the Power Creep effect you should expect to cheese through most of it.

You can sign me for all 3 Days if you need to do so at 18:00 PST (Which is 8pm here in Chicago) I want my bonus Tomestones and I need to do all 3 anyways to get my weekly Aether Oil for my 2nd Relic Weapon.

Gee.... I'm so glad I didn't dye my suit Black because there's alot of them around.

Thorgal

I like the Scion costume. But wearing it makes me wish even harder for some badass businesses suits glamour like the Turks from FF7.

duckroll

Unlocking the Crystal Tower can be a pretty lengthy assignment because you are required to participate and complete 4 different FATES in 4 different areas. I don't know if FATE pop up times for these specific ones has been increased or not since I did them back in 2.1 but the lengthy part is just sitting there waiting for the FATE to pop so I suggest people to unlock the Crystal Tower ahead of time and if you need help with the FATE just ask for help in the FC chat.

Already unlocked all of that last week. Was mostly concerned if progressing between the raids themselves would take too long and be a burden to the other people helping!

I think the other players have unlocked Crystal Tower too, not sure, come on people, sound off!

Luigi87

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

If Friday, I likely won't be available until 1900 PST (I'm EST, so that's 10PM for me, as I'm going to a movie with a friend likely for 7PM)
Saturday I'm probably good whenever.

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

All of these time slots work for me, except for Friday 0600-1000 PST.

Looking good.

Found some cool ones on twitter.

C8AuSQoVAAAhc5C.jpg

C8AuVMgU8AAdlcA.jpg

C8AuXE-VMAA3715.jpg

I have never seen these before. How do you unlock them?

duckroll

If Friday, I likely won't be available until 1900 PST (I'm EST, so that's 10PM for me, as I'm going to a movie with a friend likely for 7PM)

Don't mind waiting for you on Friday if everyone else is okay with it. I think it might be better if you're okay with it, just in case we take too long with the earlier stuff and need to finish it off the next day.

Already unlocked all of that last week. Was mostly concerned if progressing between the raids themselves would take too long and be a burden to the other people helping!

I think the other players have unlocked Crystal Tower too, not sure, come on people, sound off!

It's been a while, but I think the most you gotta do between the raids is run from the camp all the way back to the crystal tower itself. So maybe five minutes down-time.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

The other two unlock pretty quickly, just simple go here and watch a cutscene quest.

Edzi

Friday at 7pm? That's around when I get home so it might be cutting it close, but should theoretically work.

Torquill

That was a pretty hype cutscene. I wonder if some of the effects will be better once Stormblood hits (the water particularly was pretty bad looking).

Also, people hoping it was Rhalgr are silly, has there ever been a precedent for one of the gods being given a corporeal form? Like do we even know if they exist in the first place? "Anything can be a primal" is too broad, there have to be some ground rules.

The entire reason people die during the big primal sealing spells is because they are basically summoning the 12 but giving their life before they finish fully forming. (Or something like that)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom