• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowlie

Banned
Let me join the fray. Here's Dajh Katzroy from Cerberus:

QqJvNYi.png

Edzi

So what's a lucrative but also somewhat easy crafting/gathering job? Does something like that even exist, or should I not even bother looking into it?

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
So what's a lucrative but also somewhat easy crafting/gathering job? Does something like that even exist, or should I not even bother looking into it?
Go with Miner, Botanist and Fisher! Crafting requires you to level ALL Crafting classes in order to be an effective/efficient crafter

Squishy3

Some other 3.56 stuff:

So, while the Omega VS Shinryu battle is pretty good, I've got one small gripe with it. You don't really get a sense of the scale of how big both Omega and Shinryu are, because the only other thing present in the fight you can directly compare them to is Baelsar's Wall, but even the angles they show Omega sitting on the wall doesn't really let you see its height in comparison to what you've seen in the dungeon, let alone there's no shot of Shinryu next to it. There's no good establishing shot for the scale of the battle, because it largely takes place in the air with no objects or people to compare them to. (although if they do a CG that covers the end of Heavensward it'll probably address this, as it'll probably have stuff like Ilberd killing himself to summon Shinryu, Papalymo sealing it and a truncated version of the fight between Omega and Shinryu with shots of Krile and Y'shtola watching it? Maybe the reveal as well with a wardrobe change scene to lead into the fight between the WoL and Lyse)

B.K.

I'm glad people in the FC were calling out hunts just now. I barely made it to the S Rank one in Western Thanalan before someone GAFfed it.

dabig2

Okay, Crystal Tower recruitment....

Times I am probably free this weekend:

Friday
0600-1000 PST (My Friday night)
1800-whenever the fuck PST (My Saturday morning)

Saturday
0600-1000 PST (My Saturday night)
1800-whenever the fuck PST (My Sunday morning)

Sunday
0600-1000 PST (My Sunday night)

Since most people on Ultros are in the US, I'm using PST to make it easier. I think we had 2-3 other people express interest in doing Crystal Tower for the first time, so if we can all find an ideal time it'll be great.

Would also appreciate feedback from more experienced players on how long it takes to queue for the other 16 players, as well as how long it takes to actually do each of the parts, including the stuff inbetween to unlock the next parts of the raid. Thanks!

Unlocked the quest the other day (will be my first time too) and I'm down for any of those times.

Big Chungus

welp, guess im stuck with this steam version of ffxiv....

i would create a new account but then id be losing ffxiv(pc), ffxiv(ps4) + collectors edition, ffxiv: heavensward

B.K.

Is inventory sorting broken? My items won't stack. I've got one stack of an item that has 10 and another stack of the same item that has 3. They won't stack to 13 when I sort.

B.K.

Can the item have stacks bigger than 10?

Yes. The ones I'm farming for crafting stack to 99.

Sorting won't combine stacks; it will sort the two stacks next to one another, but you'll have to manually combine them.

How do you combine them? I found the command to split stacks, but not to combine.

Edit: Found it. Drag and drop. I'm used to using a controller to sort through my inventory.

iammeiam

How do you combine them? I found the command to split stacks, but not to combine.

Edit: Found it. Drag and drop. I'm used to using a controller to sort through my inventory.

You can do it with controller too--highlight, click X, that lets you move the item around your inv. Just d-pad over to the stack you're combining with, hit X again, it will stack.

Some other 3.56 stuff:

So, while the Omega VS Shinryu battle is pretty good, I've got one small gripe with it. You don't really get a sense of the scale of how big both Omega and Shinryu are, because the only other thing present in the fight you can directly compare them to is Baelsar's Wall, but even the angles they show Omega sitting on the wall doesn't really let you see its height in comparison to what you've seen in the dungeon, let alone there's no shot of Shinryu next to it. There's no good establishing shot for the scale of the battle, because it largely takes place in the air with no objects or people to compare them to. (although if they do a CG that covers the end of Heavensward it'll probably address this, as it'll probably have stuff like Ilberd killing himself to summon Shinryu, Papalymo sealing it and a truncated version of the fight between Omega and Shinryu with shots of Krile and Y'shtola watching it? Maybe the reveal as well with a wardrobe change scene to lead into the fight between the WoL and Lyse)

I thought the Monk and Samurai parts we saw was the whole trailer?

That was easily the best magitek armor piloting section in the whole game

The Magitek Armor Custom was pretty cool but next time they need to give us a large humanoid mech.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm glad people in the FC were calling out hunts just now. I barely made it to the S Rank one in Western Thanalan before someone GAFfed it.

I like how one year later people still make jokes about gaffing S rank hunts.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
...okay, this dude has been AFK at the Market Board next to my FC's house in FFXIV for like two days now and I'm legit afraid he might be dead IRL.

B.K.

I'm pretty sure it's GAF all the time. And I'm not even in the FC :D

I accidentally pulled early once, but it was before I joined the GAF FC. I think it was an A Rank Sabotender in one of the Thanalans. I was looking more at the map to see where I was going and I ran into it with my Chocobo and got aggro.

LowParry

I accidentally pulled early once, but it was before I joined the GAF FC. I think it was an A Rank Sabotender in one of the Thanalans. I was looking more at the map to see where I was going and I ran into it with my Chocobo and got aggro.

I've done it a few times. I just wanted it done before my screen went from 100 to 200 people for the slide show of the century. But they were all A ranks. The S ranks stuff I just wait. But yeah, the Ultros meme for hunts is always GAF pulled.

It's not.

Anyone who I see using the meme with actual cruel intent/flaming gets immediately reported btw. ;)

It seems pretty tradition now. Though can't say for sure if Terra Salis has anything memorable for the server other than activity being #1 all the time.

B.K.

Is there any way to go back and do the 2.0 starter quests for the other two cities? I'd like to go do them while we're waiting on Stormblood.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
10,000gil for finishing heavensward lol
You laugh, but I want someone to tell me why are we getting those random gil rewards like 1810 from main story quests.

Trying to not disturb the perfect currency balance of the game on all servers?
Should I read it on the calculator?
L33tsp34k?

Heartfyre

So...having completed the Zhloe quest line...she's the only Custom Delivery character, right? They set up the system like they intend to include more in future, but there aren't any now, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom