• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Level 60 BTN.

I still want to get MIN to 60 though. Maybe FSH.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Gosetsu avoided AoE better than most of my melee dps.

Squishy3

So something interesting I found in the lorebook (I read it before but didn't really have any context for it) that'll probably come into play in Stormblood. Putting it in spoiler tags just in case people don't want to read it.

1561: On the continent of Othard, Midas nan Garlond conducts the first field test of the Meteor Project at the Citadel Bozja. A massive quantity of energy is released from Dalamud, obliterating the tower and the surrounding city, causing heavy casualties.

Before this is just a neat footnote, but now that we know we're going to Othard... well.

And then also this one.

1571: The Archons of the Circle of Knowing infiltrate occupied Gyr Abania in an attempt to assist those Ala Mhigans who seek asylum abroad, but many lives are lost when the Garleans catch wind of the defection. This would be the operation Yda lost her life during. Lyse says in 3.56 when Ala Mhigo first fell that Lyse and Yda saw their father leave to fight the empire and never saw him again and they fled to Sharlayan afterwards. Lyse hypothesizes that there must have been a lot of enemies for Yda to have fallen due to how strong she was, but... what if there was only one?

Chest looks like one of the subligars.

Arms looks like the Witch costume arms from one of the Halloween events.

Pretty sure I have that skirt lying around in one of my retainer inventories but I can't check right now.

Head piece looks like one of the Ironworks ones maybe.

Not sure about the shoes.

The skirt is holy rainbow bottoms

The gloves are Elezen only though I think.

As a Hyur, it has been impossible to find opera gloves, I think the only ones are from the DLC witches costume.

Luigi87

Okay since pretty much everyone is okay with it. Here's the plan for Crystal Tower:

FRIDAY NIGHT, 3/31, 19:00 PST ONWARDS

We can try to get as many people in as possible. I think we have at least 3 newbies who haven't done it before including myself, so if there are enough people, we can actually try forming 3 parties of 8, and everyone gets bonuses. I'm not even sure if that's possible with the duty system!

See ya'll then.
Seeing Beauty and the Beast at 3:30 PST (6:30 PM my time, fortunately found a showing earlier than 7PM) and that's only got a two hour run-time, which gives me buffer to get home in time for CT run.

Haven't been able to put much time in FF14 this week after getting THM to 26, what with work, Zelda, and Kingdom Hearts x_x

aceface

So I tried Miner up to around lvl 12 last night, and yeah, not sure this is worth it since I'm assuming you don't start being profitable until around lvl 50 or 60.

You're never going to make much money just doing straight up gathering. There's so many people with gathering classes maxed out that the market gets flooded with most items pretty quickly.

I made most of my money selling trinkets from Aquapolis and PotD (upper levels). I did make a good chunk of money selling Aethersands near the beginning of HW, so if there's something new like that for SB it might be good to have a gathering class maxed out and ready to go.

Amalj'aa

ffxiv_03312017_005124cjuiu.png

Redx508

Okay since pretty much everyone is okay with it. Here's the plan for Crystal Tower:

We can try to get as many people in as possible. I think we have at least 3 newbies who haven't done it before including myself, so if there are enough people, we can actually try forming 3 parties of 8, and everyone gets bonuses. I'm not even sure if that's possible with the duty system!

i'm down to help if i'm not on find me on discord.

keep in mind that you can't make a alliance if one of the players is not on ultros. cross party finder only works with 8.

I'm having major issues with the game, and I'm not sure what to do.

Since about mid-January, every time I try and play the game after turning on my PS4 for the first time that day, I get booted after about 10 minutes of playing with a "lost connection to server" message. Attempting to log back in results in a PSN sign-in error until I go reset my network settings, after that everything works perfectly fine until the next time I had to turn on my PS4.

So out of habit I just made it a priority to go and reset my PS4 network settings every time I turn on the console. It was an inconvenience but only a few extra minutes so I didn't mind too much.

But these last couple days I have been getting continuously booted from the game within 10 minutes of every login regardless of whether I reset my network settings or not. Its become unplayable as a result

This started happening out of nowhere and none of the simple fixes have done anything. Ports are open, DNS settings are 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4, and I obviously reset my router multiple times.

Finally tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling it and that hasn't helped either.

Don't really know what to do at this point. Has anyone else had problems like this?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I'm having major issues with the game, and I'm not sure what to do.

Since about mid-January, every time I try and play the game after turning on my PS4 for the first time that day, I get booted after about 10 minutes of playing with a "lost connection to server" message. Attempting to log back in results in a PSN sign-in error until I go reset my network settings, after that everything works perfectly fine until the next time I had to turn on my PS4.

So out of habit I just made it a priority to go and reset my PS4 network settings every time I turn on the console. It was an inconvenience but only a few extra minutes so I didn't mind too much.

But these last couple days I have been getting continuously booted from the game within 10 minutes of every login regardless of whether I reset my network settings or not. Its become unplayable as a result

This started happening out of nowhere and none of the simple fixes have done anything. Ports are open, DNS settings are 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4, and I obviously reset my router multiple times.

Finally tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling it and that hasn't helped either.

Don't really know what to do at this point. Has anyone else had problems like this?
Things that you can try doing:
- Rebuild your PS4 database (turn it off completely, then hold the power button until it beeps the second time)
- If you have the PC version too, check if it runs fine. I guess you could make a dummy trial account if you don't.
- If you're on wireless connection, try wired and if that's not an option try changing channels in your router's settings.
- Update your router's firmware.
- If your router is 2-3+ years old, you might want to look into buying a new one. I thought those are fairly simple pieces of tech, but I had quite a few of them start to show their age after a few years.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So THM. Does this class, you know, actually ever get fun? At this point i'm just grinding it for the lv 26 insta cast spell for my scholar/CNJ.
If you're not enjoying the Ice/Fire dance, then it's probably not for you. It gets more interesting on lv 60, but it mostly boils down to having to juggle a few more skills keep up a significant damage buff.

ss_lemonade

So, new player here wanting to try this game after seeing the news about the free trial 14 day limitation being lifted. Is there a reason why I can't use my account with the Steam free trial? I created a new account on my PS4 where I first tried it out yesterday. I wanted to see how the PC version looks like but logging in there just gives me a "No valid service account is available to play FINAL FANTASY XIV. "

Omni

So, new player here wanting to try this game after seeing the news about the free trial 14 day limitation being lifted. Is there a reason why I can't use my account with the Steam free trial? I created a new account on my PS4 where I first tried it out yesterday. I wanted to see how the PC version looks like but logging in there just gives me a "No valid service account is available to play FINAL FANTASY XIV. "

If you wanna play on PC you'll have to buy it, I think. Or make a new account. Since you've already played the trial on PS4.

I think SE considers them as different things

If you're not enjoying the Ice/Fire dance, then it's probably not for you. It gets more interesting on lv 60, but it mostly boils down to having to juggle a few more skills keep up a significant damage buff.

I'm only like lv 15. I've got a 30 arc and 26 Cnj, and both seemed much more interesting to level, due to various utility.

THM just seems like i drop lightning, then spam fire till low on mana, transpose to blizz to get it back, then transpose back to fire.

Also, it's kind of confusing how the spell names work in this game. You'd expect, say, Fire II to replace Fire I, one being a stronger version of the other, but instead they seem to have different effects. Really have to stop and read all the tool tips to see just what each one does and slot it accordingly.

I weep every time I log in, someone from my FC excitedly says "oh yeah, I moved furniture around a bit, you should have a look" and everything is misplaced with terrible taste.

Have you ever considered the possibility that you are the one misplacing furniture with terrible taste?

I'm on a roll.

Everyone always comes back to the Hempen Camise on catgirls. It's truly the foundation on which all great glamours are built.

Obligatory Thursday Time Stop pic.

I decided to take a look at my folder and realized I have 1GB worth of screenshots.

I AM THE BONE OF MY SWORD

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'm really having trouble settling on a second DPS class to play. Got BRD at 60, and I've tried MNK (31), LNC (24) and ROG (10), but none of them are really clicking with me. I probably like ROG the most (despite the fact that it's my least used), but I hate how squishy they are. I'd like to maybe try out SMN, but constantly reading how much of a pain it is to play on controller is kinda scaring me off.

EDIT: Not to mention the horror stories of summons accidentally pulling bosses.

Everyone always comes back to the Hempen Camise on catgirls. It's truly the foundation on which all great glamours are built.

Preach.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I'm really having trouble settling on a second DPS class to play. Got BRD at 60, and I've tried MNK (31), LNC (24) and ROG (10), but none of them are really clicking with me. I probably like ROG the most (despite the fact that it's my least used), but I hate how squishy they are. I'd like to maybe try out SMN, but constantly reading how much of a pain it is to play on controller is kinda scaring me off.

Preach.
I know I said this multiple times, but I'd suggest choosing a class, going to PotD floor 51+ solo (so you have all the time in the world), setting up your shortcuts based on someone's recommendation (very easy to get in this thread) and then give the class a spin in PotD, either on 51+ if you want to be confused, or starting from 1 if you'd rather get skills 1 by 1.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
"Daddy of Light" (lol), the Japanese FFXIV drama, is going to be streamed worldwide on Netflix. Starting on 4/20 in Japan and in the Fall in other countries.

They're also going to make a "Side Story", made mostly from the scenes in the game, exclusive for the streamed version.

Source

That's tonight! I should be there.

Some do, but I'm not entirely sure what your question is about.

Sorry, it is worded weirdly. There's a set number of levequests in every level range, right? I was just curious if anyone knew what proportion of those levequests in every level range required you to turn in fish that you get via mooching. I'm not necessarily interested in an exact number, just a subjective opinion like 'Most of the levequests ask for fish you get through mooching'. I should have also mentioned my fishing is level 26 because that changes the question.

ebil

Sorry, it is worded weirdly. There's a set number of levequests in every level range, right? I was just curious if anyone knew what proportion of those levequests in every level range required you to turn in fish that you get via mooching. I'm not necessarily interested in an exact number, just a subjective opinion like 'Most of the levequests ask for fish you get through mooching'. I should have also mentioned my fishing is level 26 because that changes the question.
Oh, that's interesting. I've never thought about it. There indeed are levequests that require fish you get from mooching, but you will mostly choose a levequest with a fish that doesn't sound like it's a pain in the ass to get, settle wherever you can get the fish you're targeting for the levequest, turn in all your fish when you're done and move on. The beauty of fishing levequests is that you'll get a ton of xp just trying to complete them so they're just a thing accompanying you in the background.

If that's the implied question, fishing levequests never get more difficult or time-consuming as you level up, really. Hope that helps even though I'm not being too specific.

Hi - i started playing this last night (on PS4) after they announced it was now free to play. Enjoying it so far, but was wondering if anyone knows of any good guides/tips for optimising the UI on the PS4? I am feeling pretty lost when trying to navigate it. :(

Qurupeke

I've been playing for 2 days now, I feel that I'll reach level 35 sooner than I expected, but it was worth it. Seems like I'll just have to sub, as the party limitation is rather annoying when I play with friends.

My initial class was an Arcanist but I tried Rogue and it was an eye opener. The long cast times and the fact you rely on summon kind of ruined the class for me, I was hoping for something faster and more elemental based. On the other hand, Rogue was pure fun. Fast, with some cool moves and it feels like I do more than press one button. As someone that doesn't like to have many characters, I love being able to try all the available classes. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to change often though.

Oh, that's interesting. I've never thought about it. There indeed are levequests that require fish you get from mooching, but you will mostly choose a levequest with a fish that doesn't sound like it's a pain in the ass to get, settle wherever you can get the fish you're targeting for the levequest, turn in all your fish when you're done and move on. The beauty of fishing levequests is that you'll get a ton of xp just trying to complete them so they're just a thing accompanying you in the background.

If that's the implied question, fishing levequests never get more difficult or time-consuming as you level up, really. Hope that helps even though I'm not being too specific.

I think it helps. I was worried that the majority of my fishing levequests would require big fish. Thanks for the answer.

Hi - i started playing this last night (on PS4) after they announced it was now free to play. Enjoying it so far, but was wondering if anyone knows of any good guides/tips for optimising the UI on the PS4? I am feeling pretty lost when trying to navigate it. :(

The game isn't free to play completely, it's free to play up to level 35.

dramatis

It's not free to play, the trial just goes on indefinitely, you'll cap at level 35.

In the main menu (press Options), under the rightmost category (System) there should be a HUD option where you get to customize every single element on the HUD (minus chatbox which is manipulated otherwise). I suggest you consider turning off some elements if the HUD is too much. Resizing and tetrising elements together can also reduce the amount of space HUD takes on your screen.

Other things to adjust are in the System category: Character Configuration.

In CharConfig, you can adjust the Cross Hotbar (the 16 icons at the bottom that are your abilities/options etc.). You can choose to lock a hotbar so that that hotbar will show across ALL your classes. Things you can put into the hotbar are abilities, menus, items, mounts/minions, generally anything that has an icon and can be used.

Something that I did at the beginning of the game and never changed was lock Cross Hotbar 7 and 8.
7 is used for gearsets so I can swap jobs quickly.
8 is all around menus + home so I do not need to scroll through Options menu
z3eAxHy.jpg

CharConfig has a category for targeting options. They give you presets (Enemies, Friends, etc.) but you can also customize.

CharConfig also has a section regarding effects, if that is overwhelming you visually you can turn off other players' special effects.

I AM THE BONE OF MY SWORD

The starter and hempen gear for all the races is really good. I'm hoping they put out some similar gear in SB.

And yeah, I wish PLDs got anything close to UBW. But I think I'm still in the " PLD changes will be underwhelming" camp. At least until they reveal what they are in May.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom