• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Riddle of Fire really slows down GCD by 15% I feel like it's going to be a negative point for Monk since the whole point of the job is to go fast.

But riddle of fire is the buff that feeds you party chakra. Which means you likely get your 320 potency super move twice while that STR buff is active.

That and proper stacking of direct hit should be amazing for monks with their auto/GCD rate

Mitark

This is pretty crazy since the exp for BTN and MIN get pretty serious. Once you hit Heavensward however, your old method of gathering exp won't be necessary because the new method is chill.

Since you're waiting around you can probably do the Hildegarde sidequest, go gambling in Gold Saucer, or level your alt classes through Palace of the Dead. Having completed the main scenario for ARR, you could also try the lvl 50 dungeons (if you have trouble getting queue, try using Party Finder with unsynced party advertising bonus tomes, but only for your first time through lol).

thank you for the advice :)

for Gold Saucer i have 145k > that fenrir is hard hehe, i played Palace of the Dead with my party but we thought better focus on story if we are all online.

and for BTN and MIN i'm now only using grand company to level them, they give huge exp if you give them HQ item

Foxxsoxx

So I'm trying to see if Warrior will be something I'd enjoy. Played a decent amount tonight and got marauder to 22. Played a few dungeons and liked it a good bit even with barely having any abilities.

Qvoth

saw what was supposedly one of the samurai hissatsuken leaks
hissatsu guren 800 potency straight line aoe, 25% less on 2nd enemy and 50% less for all remaining, 50 kenki gauge 2 minutes cd
keep in mind this is on /v/ though
wtzgU.gif

Frumix

Suffering From Success
saw what was supposedly one of the samurai hissatsuken leaks
hissatsu guren 800 potency straight line aoe, 25% less on 2nd enemy and 50% less for all remaining, 50 kenki gauge 2 minutes cd
keep in mind this is on /v/ though
wtzgU.gif

Some MrHappy type persons invited to the event got pretty upset about that so it's probably real!

Mitark

i have both version the PC ( for the office :D ) and the PS4, and i prefer playing on PS4 controller even thought i played all FF11 on PC but on PS4 i can move/react faster with camera and move myself out from AOE, i'm getting used to PC setup for moving ( keyboard / mouse ),i know i can use the same controller on PC , and i guess i will have problem with Hotbar later on from 60-70 and also the keyboard & mouse are connected to PS4 for chat or some other things i need to do faster with mouse.

i used many help to make it easy for the controller but this youtube video helped me and maybe can help other :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB72B9MDSzE

and used this method in this video to make targeting easy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZULf4nzeA0

dabig2

So, uh, I need the Fuma Koromo for my NIN, but it's locked in some place called The Labyrinth of the Ancients (Phlegethon).

How, uh, difficult is this going to be to get now? ^^;;;

Shouldn't be hard at all. Labyrinth of the Ancients is the 1st raid in the crystal tower series (24 man), and pretty easy to clear these days as a lot of people are overgeared for it even while synced down. The only tough part is queuing for it as it's old ARR content, so not a lot of people doing it compared to the newer content. I'd suggest queuing for it immediately though as that raid probably has more people doing it around this time of the week for Wondrous Tails quest and/or aether oil (for anima weapon quest).

If you're on Ultros, feel free to let the Gaf FC know and I'm sure you'll get some help, the more people you have in your party means those long queue times can be shortened. I'll probably queue into that raid tomorrow or Friday myself as part of the anima weapon quest (going for my 2nd anima weapon before SB comes out). And with friendly people, if your item drops, everyone can pass on it so you can get it :)

Sorry, unfashionably late to the Stormblood benchmark screenshot sharing trend, but just threw my up-and-coming Highlander Monk into the benchmark. She's gonna look dope in AF3. :)

Also, I'm extra novice at image editing and threw this into GIMP for a quick brightness/contrast adjustment, sorry for the bad IQ that came from it and the imgur upload.

So addicted to this game again, GAF... And pumped for Stormblood.

I feel that they're actually becoming more of a traditional "Bard" in that a lot of their new actions focus on music. The song they're playing changes the way that they dps for 30 seconds at a time. Bloodletter resets are no longer a thing. Unless you're playing Ballad. That's one example.

If the new timers on the new Venomous/Windbite are correct there are a lot less dot watchers than before, since they're 30s instead of 18. Much less worrying about upkeep, more about shooting arrows and singing songs.
Oooooooh

Cast times removed AND River of Blood reworked, it's like a BRD christmas.

dramatis

thank you for the advice :)

for Gold Saucer i have 145k > that fenrir is hard hehe, i played Palace of the Dead with my party but we thought better focus on story if we are all online.

and for BTN and MIN i'm now only using grand company to level them, they give huge exp if you give them HQ item
I guess I wasn't quite clear, my paragraph of suggested activities were for solo play. Since you're going through main scenario with your friends, then if you are in game without them and can't do main scenario, there are a variety of other things you can do.

I forgot to mention if you're okay with some tedium, then you can also try to do beast tribe dailies until you reach their higher ranks where you can unlock mounts to buy from the beast tribe vendors.

Fate/Leve Farming feels more appealing than POTD...even if the efficiency of XP/Hour is less, it feels quicker and less repetitive. Although I'm leveling a Thaumaturge on the side, because BLM sfx as <3, is there much point in my Dragoon (60, ilvl 245) going through Alexander etc for higher iLvl gear? I mean obviously on a certain level there is but...y'know.

Is it fun for the chance at a reward? :)

Cmagus

Made it to floor 147 last night in POTD with our group and our tank had a little emergency at home and had to afk for a few and the game kicked our tank from the party. It took us 4 hours the night before to get there and 10 minutes in this happens it's pretty ridiculous to even have this feature when there is already an in game kick feature. Seriously wasted a bunch of hours and progress because of this, doubt we will run it again now since it was already tough setting this one up with everyone's schedule.

Mitark

I guess I wasn't quite clear, my paragraph of suggested activities were for solo play. Since you're going through main scenario with your friends, then if you are in game without them and can't do main scenario, there are a variety of other things you can do.

I forgot to mention if you're okay with some tedium, then you can also try to do beast tribe dailies until you reach their higher ranks where you can unlock mounts to buy from the beast tribe vendors.

I'm going to do them soon, since the Soot Black Dye is locked behind one of those tribe vendors, and it's cheep compared to the MB.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/item/0c0c7f94f09/

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/shop/82cc59ae4c7/?item=0c0c7f94f09&type=gil

But riddle of fire is the buff that feeds you party chakra. Which means you likely get your 320 potency super move twice while that STR buff is active.

That and proper stacking of direct hit should be amazing for monks with their auto/GCD rate

That's the new spirit bomb move that gives you chakra from party weapon skills. Riddle of Fire does this,

Secret teachings of Fire:
Increases GCD by 15% in exchange for 30% higher damage dealt
Applies Fists of Fire (effect will end if FoF is removed)
Duration 20s // Cooldown 90s

It decreases your speed to normal levels (as if you had 0 GL) in exchange for 30% more damage. I wonder what the GCD time is like if you use this with 0 Greased Lightning.

That's the new spirit bomb move that gives you chakra from party weapon skills. Riddle of Fire does this,

It decreases your speed to normal levels (as if you had 0 GL) in exchange for 30% more damage. I wonder what the GCD time is like if you use this with 0 Greased Lightning.

Is there a potency on that spirit bomb or is it just for show? How long does it last because the speed at which one monk was feeding chakra looked amazing.

Does anyone think SE might ever trim the amount of XP needed to level up, ala WoW (I think?) when Cataclysm came out? It's probably infinitely more difficult because of FF14s more story heavy/driven approach but for 5.0 it'd be cool if they did something Legion-esque and let you tackle areas in whatever order your chose with some scaling involved.

studyguy

Does anyone think SE might ever trim the amount of XP needed to level up, ala WoW (I think?) when Cataclysm came out? It's probably infinitely more difficult because of FF14s more story heavy/driven approach but for 5.0 it'd be cool if they did something Legion-esque and let you tackle areas in whatever order your chose with some scaling involved.

They've boosted XP gains before and are giving people items to boost it in 4.0 for 1-50 iirc no? I'd imagine they're going to do whatever they can to make 1-50 as painless as possible.

Squishy3

They're going to do what they did when Heavensward came out, and probably increase the armory bonus for 1-50 to 150% and 50-60 to 100%, and the amount of experience the pre-4.0 main scenario quests give.

I think I remember an interview with YoshiP saying a greater amount of the experience you earn in Stormblood will be in main scenario quests, rather than sidequests. So the experience some sidequests would normally give you would be rolled into the main scenario quests instead, which will help make 60-70 feel less painful.

Guess Who

Banned
I think I remember an interview with YoshiP saying a greater amount of the experience you earn in Stormblood will be in main scenario quests, rather than sidequests. So the experience some sidequests would normally give you would be rolled into the main scenario quests instead, which will help make 60-70 feel less painful.

And thank god, because it was a huge bummer how often you'd run out of MSQ experience in 3.0 and needed to spam sidequests and roulettes to level for the next one. I remember 57-60 in particular just being a draaaaaag.

Squishy3

And thank god, because it was a huge bummer how often you'd run out of MSQ experience in 3.0 and needed to spam sidequests and roulettes to level for the next one. I remember 57-60 in particular just being a draaaaaag.
And hopefully all the aether current quests will be from MSQ and you only need to do that and find the world ones to unlock flying in the zones. :p

They've boosted XP gains before and are giving people items to boost it in 4.0 for 1-50 iirc no? I'd imagine they're going to do whatever they can to make 1-50 as painless as possible.

They're going to do what they did when Heavensward came out, and probably increase the armory bonus for 1-50 to 150% and 50-60 to 100%, and the amount of experience the pre-4.0 main scenario quests give.

Ah, I wasn't too sure. I haven't really levelled many other jobs bar Dragoon...just end up feeling so bored if I don't get a group that speed runs POTD etc. Anything to alleviate it would help :)

Xux

That benchmark was pretty cool; got 17 points short of 17k on Max at 1080p.

Neat seeing all the Nomura designs around, too.

Also, my character looks pretty good in that Samurai gear.

Allard

Is Ironworks gear the best stuff you can get in 2.0?

I'm assuming you mean the poetics gear for the combat jobs. Fully upgraded (augmented iron works) gets you to 130ilvl and is the best/nearly the best as it pairs up with the Final Coil raid gear at the same level for the end of 2.0 and should you get everything upgraded it should last you till lvl 54/55. Lvl 54 has ilvl135 gear and the dungeon gear at lvl 55 is 140. The reason I asked for specification is because the current best crafting and gathering gear is an ironworks set.

BlackJace

I'm assuming you mean the poetics gear for the combat jobs. Fully upgraded (augmented iron works) gets you to 130ilvl and is the best/nearly the best as it pairs up with the Final Coil raid gear at the same level for the end of 2.0 and should you get everything upgraded it should last you till lvl 54/55. Lvl 54 has ilvl135 gear and the dungeon gear at lvl 55 is 140. The reason I asked for specification is because the current best crafting and gathering gear is an ironworks set.

Ah, yeah I was talking about the Poetics stuff you get in Mor Dhona. I've gotten everything I could and now I'm just twiddling my thumbs wondering if there's better stuff in Raids or Dungeons.

studyguy

So my Nimbus mount and early access codes were sent to my in-site message center for Amazon preorders...

Thought it would go to my actual email. Jeez.
Was wondering where they were and they've been there for nearly a month now.

Is there a potency on that spirit bomb or is it just for show? How long does it last because the speed at which one monk was feeding chakra looked amazing.

It didn't appear to do damage, just buffs nearby party members. And the Monk was getting one chakra for each weaponskill the other affected Monk used.

So with 2 people affected that's 2 chakra roughly every 2.5 seconds, with 3 people that's 3 chakra every 2.5 seconds.

Depending on how long it lasts for you should be able to get off more than one Forbidden Chakra during it.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So, last year around this time, the Make it Rain Campaign event started. I know the Xpac is coming, but it sure would be nice to see it return before the Xpac. Would bring some people back early too.

T-T

Squishy3

So, last year around this time, the Make it Rain Campaign event started. I know the Xpac is coming, but it sure would be nice to see it return before the Xpac. Would bring some people back early too.

T-T
There's a Duty Commenced tomorrow, wouldn't surprise me if it gets talked about there if it's coming before Stormblood.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Not sure if I even remember this event last season, but hey, something to maybe look forward to while we wait.

So my Nimbus mount and early access codes were sent to my in-site message center for Amazon preorders...

Thought it would go to my actual email. Jeez.
Was wondering where they were and they've been there for nearly a month now.

....completely forgot about that. I don't have any email about it on Amazon, or my own email :(

I think Dark Knight had the least impressive showing at the LL.

Learned pretty much nothing about it other than that it gets a gauge and none of the abilities shown resembled anything like a Dark Possession mode.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think Dark Knight had the least impressive showing at the LL.

Learned pretty much nothing about it other than that it gets a gauge and none of the abilities shown resembled anything like a Dark Possession mode.

I thought it looked cool at least.

I wish Meditation was automatic. Like, press one to get a Meditation buff. Then it keeps ticking until you use an attack.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Friends, Roes, Limsamen, lend me your ears;
I come to bury Fracture, not to praise it.
The evil that Warriors do lives after them;
Their dots are oft interred with their bones;
So let it be with Fracture. The noble Yoshi
Hath told you Fracture was OP:
If it were so, it was a grievous fault,
And grievously hath Fracture answer’d it.
Here, under leave of Break and the rest–
For Break is an honourable cross-classes;
So are they all, all honourable cross-classes–
Come I to speak in Fracture’s funeral.
Fracture was my friend, faithful and just to me:
But Yoshi says he was ambitious;
And Yoshi is an honourable man.

I thought it looked cool at least.

I wish Meditation was automatic. Like, press one to get a Meditation buff. Then it keeps ticking until you use an attack.

The vertical slash at the end looked kind of cool but after seeing Warrior get a Super Saiyan mode I'd like Dark Knights to get their own mode too.

Maybe one where
Frey appears behind you like a stand and powers up your attacks.
I don't know. They didn't show all of their new abilities so maybe they have something really amazing in store for Dark Knight.

My issue with Meditation during fights was juggling Form Shift to I can refresh GL and at the same time getting 5 stacks.

With the new Fists of Earth (reduce damage by 10% for 30s and refresh GL timer upon taking damage) you might be able to just spam Meditation and use FoE to keep your timer up if the damage is room wide
or run into an AoE.

It looks like they are keeping the spam aspect of Meditation though so it's something you'll have to get used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom